How do I remap my controls?
The Allegiance installation defaults to a keyboard layout that most players find very unpractical. There are several ways to edit this configuration to a more usable one.
To edit your control scheme, either:
- Do it yourself
- From ingame, press and then select Game Options → Map Key and Controls .
- The key mapping screen will appear. Follow instructions on screen and when you are done click on Accept.
- Download a pre-made configuration
- If you might want to go back to the previous configuration: Backup the inputmap1.mdl file in the Allegiance/Artwork directory on your hard drive.
- Download a pre-made configuration file in your /Allegiance/Artwork directory and replace the old inputmap1.mdl file.
Note Changes made to your keyboard layout in the single-player training missions do not carry over to online gameplay. You'll have to configure the keys separately for online play, possibly in a sandbox game.
Conversely, training missions 1-6 will use the default keymapping: to load your custom keymap just open the KeyMapping dialog (ESC,G,C), and simply hit Accept without making changes.