TF facelift goes beta

A place to discuss user-created Allegiance 3D models, textures, images, and other visual ingame content.
l1ngus

Post by l1ngus »

I just tested the models and noticed a problem: The wide enginepositions of the fighter and the int results on gigantic particle clouds when boosting. A chaser will have his whole screen covered by a white cloud, not being able to see the ship.

Aside from that I really like the models. Great work, keep it up!
Kap

Post by Kap »

Doesn't the current tf int do the same?
ImageImage
If A is success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut. -- Albert Einstein
shibbyx1

Post by shibbyx1 »

That Agro scout looks Epic as :iluv: ! Though SF reminds me of a NOD stealth tank lmao.

Great job ! ;)
Image Image
quote 'djrbk I'm quitting Allegiance unless someone quotes me on something I said in their sig
Ramaglor

Post by Ramaglor »

l1ngus wrote:QUOTE (l1ngus @ Jan 15 2010, 05:03 PM) I just tested the models and noticed a problem: The wide enginepositions of the fighter and the int results on gigantic particle clouds when boosting. A chaser will have his whole screen covered by a white cloud, not being able to see the ship.

Aside from that I really like the models. Great work, keep it up!
At least the lights are dependent on scaling: A small model will have huge lights if its scaled up by the core, while a large model will have tiny lights if its scaled down by the core. It may be the same with boost trails.
Spidey's tactical advice on TS during Tourny game
QUOTE We don't need to save our thingy.[/quote]
raingriffin

Post by raingriffin »

+1 to rama, i don't really know about the scaling for particles, i am sorry. To manage the size i just imported the current model and did a comparison directly in the modelling program, so i was sure not to touch the core scaling.

Keep it up guys, any info can be useful for testing. To the big DMing names out there, please give it a try too. The feedback about the feel of the ships in battle is very important to polish them up: are the models too easy to hit from the front? are they too wide? If we can make something about the particles we will i think, but to answer one of the questions, yes the current TF int has the same problem: i kept the original smoke joints and scaling so the actual behaviour of the booster trails should be exactly as they were on the int.
Last edited by raingriffin on Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
-sing- Just always look on the bright side of life -whistle, bow to monty python's Life of Brian-

parcival

Post by parcival »

Excellent job guys! Keep it up!!!
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
" There is good in everyone. You just need the eyes for it. "
Adept

Post by Adept »

Is anybody interested in throwing together a TF themed skin for the carrier?

TF using an IC carrier is a bit jarring. If it came with a TF paint-job at least it would be nicer.
ImageImageImageImageImage
<bp|> Maybe when I grow up I can be a troll like PsycH
<bp|> or an obsessive compulsive paladin of law like Adept
raingriffin

Post by raingriffin »

A bump to remind people we need testers, AND feedback. I very much doubt we're lucky enough to have stuff working out perfectly as soon as it comes out in beta. Pleas, get on beta and help us out.
-sing- Just always look on the bright side of life -whistle, bow to monty python's Life of Brian-

IANF

Post by IANF »

when is there gonna be another beta test
^EPIC WIN^EPIC WIN^

*BEEP*....Robot:Fallacy generator online....*BEEP*

QUOTE (MythBusters)I reject you reality and substitute my own[/quote]

more sig stuff on the way
Valiance

Post by Valiance »

girlyboy wrote:QUOTE (girlyboy @ Jan 15 2010, 05:06 PM) And here is a modern plane-mounted one:

Just compare that to raingriffin's awesome model. It fits quite well.
:o

Does anyone else not see a gatling gun, but the pope?
ImageImage