Main Background

Discussion area for user-created Allegiance models, textures, voicechats, music, and other ingame content.
SP4WN

Post by SP4WN »

So today I am still building my custom GUI which hopefully I will be able to release whenever its ready.

I go to Mainbkgnd2.png rip it out and do some modifications, since its a .png I just save and bang it back in my active Artwork folder to run a test.

ASGS pops up with Invalid signature, I find this highly strange, since I am semi-sure Slipstream GUI used to have a custom main splash.

I dont understand why this file is on lockdown, considering the elements and files I can alter/modify that directly effect gameplay arent. This file would only alter the opening splash.

Anyhow I digress, any got any ideas whether this is by-passable or can offer me an explanation as to why its locked out???

I would really like to add a custom logo to the front page,

Thanks

Sp4wn
Adaven

Post by Adaven »

Yeah, whenever they updated the main splash (R3/4?) apparently they ASGS locked that art file like they do for other critical files.

I also wish it wasn't locked. I preferred the one from Retail, or would like to experiment with the alternative ones from the Art Source.
Kap

Post by Kap »

ImageImage
If A is success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut. -- Albert Einstein
SP4WN

Post by SP4WN »

Thanks for the replies. :)

I guess my GUI will have to go Logo-less on the opening splash screen for a while.

Sp4wn