Small Allegiance Project (Hi!)

Allegiance discussion not belonging in another forum.
TheBored

Post by TheBored »

Hey All,

Long time no see. Won't repeat what we've all said & heard before - busy with life... wife & kid, life life life. Hopefully things have gone well for all of you like they have for me :)

Not much time for video games but I frequently think back on good memories of Allegiance. I'm a hobbyist maker and like to fiddle around with 3d printing (soon CNC) and wanted to share a project I just started. It's V1 but I'll try and post some updates as I go along. Comments appreciated!

- IC int, but you knew that
- Wings a bit thin, model was a direct export from Alleg so will need to adapt to make the print less fragile
- Front gun snapped off when I was cleaning off supports, so need to beef that up too
- Gonna back up the int a bit more into the smoke... can't tell from the pic but could be more "realistic"
- TBD paint strategy for the flames

Past that just wanted to say hi, even though it's been a while I'm sure there a lot of familiar names around. If any other old farts wanna shoot the @#(!, that'd be a great use of the thread too.

TB
spideycw wrote:QUOTE (spideycw @ Nov 28 2008, 02:50 PM) All the retards are contained in one squad mostly (System X)
[18:48] <Imago> dont take me seriously
Thalgor

Post by Thalgor »

Been so long since I've been able to get on here, I've forgot where all the damned forum buttons were :o

Looks awesome, TB!
I mean, other than the fact that in its current state it looks like it's defecating shaving cream, I definitely see the potential ^.^

OLD FARTS UNITE!
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Weedman

Post by Weedman »

Cool TB, glad to hear you're doing well,

I too would like to get some cnc action, for wood projects
QUOTE Once engaged 13 and a half Dreg Heavy Ints (at the same time) with an IC Int and emerged in a heavy int with 2 mini 3 and 1 mini dis and all foes destroyed
--- QUOTE (spideycw @ Apr 1 2009, 01:53 PM) Definition of wtfpwn: Weedman in an int[/quote]
Lordus Weedicus II•Uses TS but can be difficult to understand due to the fact has never been sober•Expert int whore (without non-standard use of strafe buttons)•Gains skill increase when playing with Aarmstrong or former members of TRA•Expert miner D (ability to aim)•Can be trusted to run your economy•One of the half dozen or so game changers•Average Stacker
TheBored

Post by TheBored »

Thalgor wrote:QUOTE (Thalgor @ Feb 8 2020, 12:05 PM) I mean, other than the fact that in its current state it looks like it's defecating shaving cream, I definitely see the potential ^.^
Yeeeap that's fair haha. Easily my worst skill is painting things, but this makes it less "farting a cloud"...

Nothing special overall but it'll be a cool token of my fav game all time.
Weedman wrote:QUOTE (Weedman @ Feb 8 2020, 12:56 PM) Cool TB, glad to hear you're doing well,

I too would like to get some cnc action, for wood projects
Yep, exact same. Wanted one for a couple of years now, but I have a project or two that I'm going to blame for "needing" one. Yeah, that's it :lol:

TB
spideycw wrote:QUOTE (spideycw @ Nov 28 2008, 02:50 PM) All the retards are contained in one squad mostly (System X)
Papsmear

Post by Papsmear »

Great work TB!
Once you get things perfected, I would like to put on an order for a BIOS fighter.
Yes I am serious and would pay to get one.

Hey Thalgor, always good to see an old timer on the forums.
ImageImage
TheBored

Post by TheBored »

Papsmear wrote:QUOTE (Papsmear @ Feb 10 2020, 01:14 PM) Great work TB!
Once you get things perfected, I would like to put on an order for a BIOS fighter.
Yes I am serious and would pay to get one.

Hey Thalgor, always good to see an old timer on the forums.
I'd consider it as a favor for someone who did so much for the community. I'm not looking to sell any as the cost I'd charge to make it worth my time would be more than my bush-league stuff is worth :)

Do you (or anyone else) know which model the Bios fighter is? I skimmed through the models I have around but couldn't find that one.

That said, I have a huuuuuge backlog of other stuff to print so it might be a while. I'll ping ya when I get some time to look into it more.

TB
Raveen

Post by Raveen »

That's very cool, and good to see you about TB!
ImageImage
Spidey: Can't think of a reason I'd need to know anything
Papsmear

Post by Papsmear »

Thanks TB,

I am in no rush so take your time.
In the mean time I will see if I can figure or find out what model is the Bios fighter.

Regards
Paps
ImageImage
Bacon_00

Post by Bacon_00 »

That's really cool! Nice little unique trinket to remember Alleg. I like that not many people would know what it is :)
"Leave Bacon alone. When he's unsure of what sector he's in somehow it works out better." -Lee
spliffyhat

Post by spliffyhat »

Hey TB
nice work

I love it

:iluv:
ImageImageZgArt
BSBLSMSAGWYOOTUIARTS...................................Official Finger Exerciser®...........................Official Zone Game Artist®