Gameplay Vote!

Allegiance discussion not belonging in another forum.
BackTrak

Post by BackTrak »

Hi All,

A miner AI change has been proposed to re-add miner run-away.

Currently, Miners do not run away no matter how close an enemy is.

In the good ol' days, miners would run:

If there are no friendlies in the sector (miner bouncing)If the enemy is closer to the miner than all friendlies

Currently this logic is disabled, should we put it back?

(Vote closes at 1/20/2020)
Last edited by BackTrak on Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Dome

Post by Dome »

IMO it's better to leave it as is. This way commanders are able to fly more and be better able to command out of base, not having to stay in base to monitor miners trying to run away just because there's an uneyed scout in the sector.
Last edited by Dome on Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thallium

Post by Thallium »

I think we should leave them as is and not revert to the way they were. Dome's reasoning and logic is spot on. Being able to disrupt enemy mining due to miner AI requires that someone constantly reorders that miner to mine. The commander has tools to deal with miner defense while flying, i.e. ordering it to dock, or moving it to another sector, but if this change is reverted, then a commander flying losing the ability to mine and fly.
ryujin

Post by ryujin »

1st of all, only people that actually command should be able to vote.
2nd, this should be an open vote, we should be able to see who votes for this.

3rd, NO. NO NO.
It would be so annoying to have a miner eye a scout and stop mining and run. SO annoying. I will literally not command if this is implemented.
*#$@faced $#@!tard Troll
ryujin

Post by ryujin »

I would also like to point out, that votes aside, the first 3 responses, and so far the only responses, are all from active commanders, and all vote no.
*#$@faced $#@!tard Troll
ryujin

Post by ryujin »

Also, I use, way too many, commas
*#$@faced $#@!tard Troll
blake420

Post by blake420 »

Miners are already stupid $#@!ing twats, I'd prefer we didn't roll them back to when they were even worse.
fuzz

Post by fuzz »

The change was not proposed as an official change. Merely a way of getting discussion going around "miner and constructor bugs" that no one actually has any documentation for yet bitch about consistently.
ryujin

Post by ryujin »

fuzz wrote:QUOTE (fuzz @ Jan 14 2020, 08:17 PM) The change was not proposed as an official change. Merely a way of getting discussion going around "miner and constructor bugs" that no one actually has any documentation for yet bitch about consistently.
I still do not know where this "bitching" exists.

Also, can we please move polls to discord, this forum is all but dead. (Though Elzama still seems to be around, he'll keep it til the end)
*#$@faced $#@!tard Troll
ryujin

Post by ryujin »

fuzz wrote:QUOTE (fuzz @ Jan 14 2020, 07:17 PM) The change was not proposed as an official change.
BackTrak wrote:QUOTE (BackTrak @ Jan 13 2020, 06:32 PM) Hi All,

A miner AI change has been proposed to re-add miner run-away.
*#$@faced $#@!tard Troll