RIP Wasp

Allegiance discussion not belonging in another forum.
Papsmear

Post by Papsmear »

I just noticed this post in the Steam Allegiance community forum.
No details provided but it seems we have lost another member of our community.
RIP Wasp you shall be missed and the work you did to help improve Allegiance will always be appreciated.
God speed.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/700480/d ... 651245744/

Dome and I will plan a memorial game in his honor, time and date will be posted as soon as we can finalize details.

Wasp's Memorial Game is scheduled for June 02-2019 3 pm EST (Squad Game Time)
This game will be played on the MS 1.25 core with a custom maps made by Student in honor of Wasp's memory.

I would ask that everyone conduct themselves with a modicum of respect in Wasp's honor
It would be appreciated if as many of you as possible can record and/or stream the game and post on YouTube with links here and/or on Discord.

Regards
Paps
Last edited by Papsmear on Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
raumvogel

Post by raumvogel »

Wow...sad to hear.
cashto

Post by cashto »

Damn it, now the joystick bug will never get fixed.
Globemaster_III wrote:QUOTE (Globemaster_III @ Jan 11 2018, 11:27 PM) as you know i think very little of cashto, cashto alway a flying low pilot, he alway flying a trainer airplane and he rented
BackTrak

Post by BackTrak »

Hi all,

This is very sad news indeed. I got an email from Dome about it yesterday. Wasp was a great help to me in bringing Allegiance to Steam. He invested a lot of hours into play testing, and verifying changes that I was making to the code base to ensure that it didn't impact play-ability. He spent weeks worked through years of change sets to hunt down bugs in the game (not just the joystick one). Even though he didn't have any formal training or much experience with C++, he was able to navigate some of the trickiest parts of the code to track down issues. He caught a lot of issues that went live in the first Steam release that we were able to quickly clean up due to his accurate reporting. He also spent a lot of time helping new players in the game. Wasp was the driving force behind creating the R4 Old School release of Allegiance and has been keeping that build up with continuous experiments. I don't have any details of his passing, but I will miss his enthusiasm for this game and his relentless quest for perfection.

Thanks Wasp, for everything.

-BT
ImageImage
minigun

Post by minigun »

He took his own life...very sad to hear.
Cry,'Havoc!' and let slip the dogs of war -Julius Ceasar
Papsmear

Post by Papsmear »

Where did you get that information?
Can you provide a link please?
I had his personal email address and searched the net looking for information but couldn't find anything.
ImageImage
MagisterXF94

Post by MagisterXF94 »

His girlfriend replied on the steam forum.

He was unquestionably dedicated to this game.
He was brazen, confrontational even, but damm it he loved this game.
His drive was something to admire.
RIP I hope you may find peace if there is an afterlife.
QUOTE ^cashto@Elem (all): yeah, i imagine if you're rusty, you could build op short for no reason, build a naked ref, then go two techpaths even though your mining is by all objective standards $#@!ed[/quote]
Dome

Post by Dome »

Rest In Peace Wasp.
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

minigun wrote:QUOTE (minigun @ May 21 2019, 04:29 AM) He took his own life...very sad to hear.
=/
Don't find fault, find a remedy; anybody can complain.
Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Apr 1 2009, 09:35 PM) But I don't read the forums I only post.
Terran

Post by Terran »

god damnit
JimmyNighthawk wrote:QUOTE (JimmyNighthawk @ Jun 30 2013, 11:32 PM) "Bavarian Sausage Anti-Ketchup Soap"[*]