Anniversary Game Stats

Tactical advice, How-to, Post-mortem, etc.
Dome

Post by Dome »

We had some epic games today! Thanks everyone for playing. Allegiance lives in 2019 is still amazing after all these years.

First game was stacked badly to Blue but Nightflame and Yellow put up a helluva fight and nearly made a comeback!:

Second game had SY v SY action and was also very well played:

Awesome maps too Student!

(Games are still running, come play!)
Papsmear

Post by Papsmear »

Great games yesterday, thanks to all who showed up!
A big thank you to Student for the custom maps, which unless BackTrac decides to remove them will most likely remain on the server.
Also a big thank you to BackTrak for taking time to upload the maps, test them and make sure they were working properly on the morning of the Anniversary Game.
ImageImage
Archangelus

Post by Archangelus »

I only thank you BT for showing up and allowing me to pod him in some orgasmatic ways.
pkk wrote:QUOTE (pkk @ Jul 18 2014, 06:08 AM) Seems like some people forget, that they're guest here and their status can be removed any time.
Weedman

Post by Weedman »

the sup vs sup game was pretty intense, very fun
QUOTE Once engaged 13 and a half Dreg Heavy Ints (at the same time) with an IC Int and emerged in a heavy int with 2 mini 3 and 1 mini dis and all foes destroyed
--- QUOTE (spideycw @ Apr 1 2009, 01:53 PM) Definition of wtfpwn: Weedman in an int[/quote]
Lordus Weedicus II•Uses TS but can be difficult to understand due to the fact has never been sober•Expert int whore (without non-standard use of strafe buttons)•Gains skill increase when playing with Aarmstrong or former members of TRA•Expert miner D (ability to aim)•Can be trusted to run your economy•One of the half dozen or so game changers•Average Stacker
Terran

Post by Terran »

:(
JimmyNighthawk wrote:QUOTE (JimmyNighthawk @ Jun 30 2013, 11:32 PM) "Bavarian Sausage Anti-Ketchup Soap"[*]
Rawq

Post by Rawq »

Awesome
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

I really liked that new map from Student. Some thoughts on the SY v SY game:

1- Allegiance's strategic layer is almost as deep as its tactical layer, but there's some balance I think that needs to still be worked out. It may be best to balance that through maps and helium distribution, but something still needs to be done about how powerful the top-tier of weapons are. Mini3 is gamebreakingly strong and gat3+df3+qf3 leads to some pretty degenerate gameplay. Sniper2/Hunt3 should probably be the highest DPS option (since the sfs are so fragile), and that's actually reasonable to defend against with cross-nanning.

2- I didn't want to get into an argument with Ryu in a game about where I put my SYs and stuff, but I did have a method to my madness of pushing them forward that I'd like to explain:

The first SY went forward as an attempt to walk a frigate into their sup sector and blow up the sup. By popping the sup early, I would have forced Weed into a SY v SY fight where I'm ahead because I got to save $12500 for not having to buy lt class. Plus it limits the options of the enemy team defensively and offensively, making it more difficult for them to quickly kill my miners and easier for me to kill theirs with small rushes of 1 or 2 pilots.

The second SY went "forward" because they were bombing and I wanted to a) get a SY up ASAP so I could get more capships out (we had frigates at that point) and b) I needed a TP at my SY so I could have a homerip at the SY. It was cheaper and faster to plant it at the homerip at the op than it would have been to put it in a backsector and get a TP there.

The third SY had basically the same concept ("I need homerip at a SY and I need a SY asap"), but also at that point I had an assault ship sitting in Weed's home. I was hoping Weed would come after my SY/Sup giving me time to rip a cruiser into his garrison/SY sector and take those bases, and follow it up by hitting his sup in the next sector over (my garrison was 2 sectors away from my sup/sy). Also, bbrs take FOREVER to kill shipyards (I think it's 6 missiles which is a full reload, maybe 7 with GT's missile damage nerf). I figured baiting Weed into a base-race would work in our favor.

My biggest regret that game was not sitting out on SY/minerD with a corvette at the first SY.

3- It continuously surprises me how much we as a community got wrong about Allegiance and the ways it could be played. I would really like to do a deep-dive at some point on the original MS core, the EoR core, and the RPS core.

4- It was SERIOUSLY time for some new maps. I loved this map because it was a "big" map without being as unfair, as, say, Constellation. I had some spaces to mine that were safe (or at least safe-er) to get to tech at my own rate without feeling like I had to go tac or rix to have a real chance of pressuring my opponent's miners. I felt like after the initial cons were placed, I had some room to maneuver and really do some interesting things with the map. I might have to start playing with the map-maker to see if I can make some interesting maps.
Don't find fault, find a remedy; anybody can complain.
Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Apr 1 2009, 09:35 PM) But I don't read the forums I only post.
BackTrak

Post by BackTrak »

Archangelus wrote:QUOTE (Archangelus @ Mar 25 2019, 06:57 PM) I only thank you BT for showing up and allowing me to pod him in some orgasmatic ways.
Y'all were very gracious with the podkills/free rides back to base.

And there were many.

Great to be able to spend an afternoon with you guys. Mrs. BackTrak had a grumpy, but it all worked out fine in the end.

:salute: :iluv: :iluv: :iluv:
ImageImage
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

0xbaadf00d is the best error code ever.
Don't find fault, find a remedy; anybody can complain.
Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Apr 1 2009, 09:35 PM) But I don't read the forums I only post.
Papsmear

Post by Papsmear »

phoenix1 wrote:QUOTE (phoenix1 @ Mar 26 2019, 01:58 PM) I really liked that new map from Student.

+1

I would really like to do a deep-dive at some point on the original MS core, the EoR core, and the RPS core.

Yes please

It was SERIOUSLY time for some new maps. I might have to start playing with the map-maker to see if I can make some interesting maps.

Again, yes please
ImageImage