P1 vs Terran

Tactical advice, How-to, Post-mortem, etc.
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

Terran (Rix Starbase/Exp/Sup) v Phoenix1 (Belts Adv Exp/Adv Tac/Sup, 1.25/1.15 on Constellation.

The previous game was me throwing away a tac con to my greed and just scooping them up, so we relaunched and ran it again. This time I sent both of my cons low as my team looked for a tac rock (though I didn't tell them that). We didn't find any good ones, save the one midlow, so I was going to push my op forward a little, but then it kinda got caught, so I built it short. The tac rock midlow was super close to an enemy controlled sector, and Terran had already shown enh figs, so I expected that he would try to bomb it sooner rather than later. Instead of trying to mount some kind of silly defense on a 1.5k tac, I instead suspected Terran would go heavy scouts and decided to see if I could race him to heavy ints.

What followed was basically an hour or so of just utter jank Allegiance lmao. It was one of the scrappiest, hardest fought games I've ever seen. Terran started pushing TPs everywhere, I got up a sup for DF2 and boost2, he killed my sup just before boost2 and ship hull finished (but we got DF2, thank god), I put an op low to mine it, he bombed the op after I got 3 rocks, so I put another op in my backsector to mine it, which Terran then bombed, and he kept threatening my home with bbrs that kept getting damage on my bases.

Eventually I bought HTTs and then realized what I actually wanted were bombers, so I bought those too. Then we started bombing all of the little teleports around us with mixed success, and I pushed an expansion forward next to HIS expansion midhigh. I was reasoning that he wouldn't have hvy ints up for a while so I could maybe cap it. Wasp takes an HTT and with 4-5 hvy ints with nan2, flies in circles around the aleph. Predictably, the hvy ints who are nanning him die, to which he ragequits because we didn't appreciate the awesome talent he has of not dying while people are nanning him. The next run; however, Terran was ready for and countered it iwth a bomb run that lost us our backup expansion. At this point I decided that the rix mini3 ints that we were fighting stood a pretty damn good chance of stopping whatever we wanted to do on offense, so I started mining my backsectors to get us SBs.

We got SBs up and Firestorm dutifully sat close to the aleph near their exp as we waited for them to make a move on us so we could make a move on them. Sure enough there was a bomb run that came through an aleph I had camped. At this point I was rocking mini3, a 40, and df2, so I spiked it really quickly, cleaned up the nans, and then we went on their expansion. Unlike Wasp, Firestorm immediately died because he didn't run around the aleph in circles while being nanned flew towards the enemy green door with his HTT, we nanned him, he capped the base that was 2k from the aleph with green door semi-facing, and Thallium resigned, because Terran had to go.

This was one of the greatest games of Allegiance I've played in a long while. I have the stats saved in an XML but I don't know how to turn it into an image sadly.

Special shoutouts to Nigthflame and Win98se who were dutiful in flying SFs around the map killing stray miners. Kudos to the rest of blue for defending effectively despite basically playing down 2. I don't know how many miners Nightflame killed but it was N where N > 3. TenForward also played remarkably well... I watched him straight up fight Terran sf vs hvy scout and pod Terran. Cleanly. GET SHREKT! Matic immediately got angry when we didn't attack their bases and ragequit. That was fun. Ummm... Dome did great on minerD, mastermini was effective in both an int and a scout, and Firestorm showed a level of patience and respect for my commanding I'm not used to so :iluv: there.

It was honestly a great game where I consistently felt as though I was able to direct my team to places where I wanted them to be, they went there, and were effective, and as a result we got to late game. I would have enjoyed trying to finish it against Terran, though tbh we had hunt3 snip3 sfs and sig2 SBs up with a new sup for AB2, and I'm not sure how close Terran's next trick was.
Don't find fault, find a remedy; anybody can complain.
Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Apr 1 2009, 09:35 PM) But I don't read the forums I only post.
Terran

Post by Terran »

Pffff you capped after I quit. I'm moderately confident we could have still won if I stayed. Damnittt what a nice game though.

In my defense I had to quit because I was meeting up with a cute girl. Worth it.
Last edited by Terran on Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
JimmyNighthawk wrote:QUOTE (JimmyNighthawk @ Jun 30 2013, 11:32 PM) "Bavarian Sausage Anti-Ketchup Soap"[*]
Nightflame

Post by Nightflame »

You want AllegStats:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... s_V1_1.zip

I spent half the game wandering around yellow's garr in my 40kb SF because we didn't have a homerip. It paid off. Eventually took a break from miner patrol for ten minutes or so, and when I went back yellow had actual miner d and was pulling in significant money. Good thing for blue that Terran dropped, or it could've been difficult.

Major kudos to Tenforward for generally excellent play, and to yellow's tactical bombing. We lost an awful lot of bases to good timing. Fewer compliments to yellow's miner d. It made me look great, but most of those just weren't defended. :/
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

Pssssst:

We lost bases because I sent two of my best players to hit their miners while their whole team bombed our bases ;)
Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Apr 1 2009, 09:35 PM) But I don't read the forums I only post.
Papsmear

Post by Papsmear »

That was a long but super fun game, thanks to all who participated.
It's games like that one that make playing Allegiance worth every second we are parked in front of our computers (even if I spent more time in a pod than I did flying).
ImageImage
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

P.S. dome those assists are why I ride you ;) ALMOST AS BAD AS THALLIUM!
Dome

Post by Dome »

phoenix1 wrote:QUOTE (phoenix1 @ Jan 28 2019, 11:03 AM) P.S. dome those assists are why I ride you ;) ALMOST AS BAD AS THALLIUM!
You don't ride me afaik. Changing targets is a part of the game.

Why don't you tell everyone the real reason you won this game: I didn't let you go down one of your negativity rabbit holes on a couple occasions.
SumVeritas

Post by SumVeritas »

Have i played, top assists would've been mine
Duckwarrior wrote:QUOTE (Duckwarrior @ Mar 8 2017, 09:38 PM) Desert eagle .50 cal from beechcraft bonanza as fly poor people over doctor son beechcraft bonanza trump beef texas ping pong boat 400k doctor son beefsteak good texas cali donald trump hilary dumocrats
Vortrog

Post by Vortrog »

Im thinking that would have been over earlier if;

- Terran upped the exp and bought heavy ints then Htts (Rix win)
- P1 upped the Gar and bought heavy bombers (Belts win)

Or both could have happened and terran stayed and the game went for another 2 hours :P
Terran

Post by Terran »

i'm fairly confident we had a good chance of winning if i had stayed, if only for the miner d. nobody could kill nightflame's sf, which was insanely annoying. i had an okay time either killing him with my hvy scout or at least at stalemating him by keeping distance and dodging snipers. (sometimes it didn't work and he podded me but that would generally take a good minute, long enough for the miner to get away)

so sad i couldn't stay :(
JimmyNighthawk wrote:QUOTE (JimmyNighthawk @ Jun 30 2013, 11:32 PM) "Bavarian Sausage Anti-Ketchup Soap"[*]