Currently in BrexitLand

Non-Allegiance related. High probability of spam. Pruned regularly.
peet

Post by peet »

Raveen

Post by Raveen »

Our Prime Minister is assuring the country that he didn't lie to the Queen. That's a bad sign regardless of the fact that he clearly did.
ImageImage
Spidey: Can't think of a reason I'd need to know anything
Duckwarrior

Post by Duckwarrior »

This is awesome.

Conservative position on Brexit: We want to leave.
Liberal Democrat position: We want to stay.
Labour position: We want an election, after which we will negotiate a much better deal with the EU. When we have agreed an improved deal we will then have a referendum where we will campaign against it to remain, but leave will also be on the ballot.

Apologies Rav, please understand I am a filthy old school remoaner, centrist, Blairite.
Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, will make violent revolution inevitable. John F. Kennedy.
lexaal

Post by lexaal »

Duckwarrior wrote:QUOTE (Duckwarrior @ Sep 12 2019, 03:30 PM) This is awesome.

Conservative position on Brexit: We want to leave.
Liberal Democrat position: We want to stay.
Labour position: We want an election, after which we will negotiate a much better deal with the EU. When we have agreed an improved deal we will then have a referendum where we will campaign against it to remain, but leave will also be on the ballot.

Apologies Rav, please understand I am a filthy old school remoaner, centrist, Blairite.
Lexaal's asnalysis: Correct.

You want Brexit - at all cost --> Conservative
You want to remain - with all consequences --> Lib Dem (or SNP).
You consider brexit not so much relevant then you can vote labour. Or you can vote conservative or libdem or anything. But labour has ignored all other fields where they could get voted for. And brexit is most relevant topic.

If there is an election:
To my belief Conservative will win with small advantage in absolute number of votes and will win with a big advantage in seats because of the majority election system.
And this is under the best case assumption that all no-brexit parties are able to ally up, which may or may not or theresamay happen. :-)
And labour will steal more votes from a potential no brexit party than from pro brexit parties. And they will suffer during an election. That is why they are so afraid of the reelection.4

I hope that there is an election before brexit because the situation - as of now - requires a peoples decision.
Last edited by lexaal on Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have a johnson photo in my profile since 2010.
Raveen

Post by Raveen »

To be fair the Labour position is, renegotiate a less harmful deal, have a referendum where the options are deal vs remain, campaign for remain.

I don't vote labour as a rule but I think that's a fairly clear and workable plan to go forwards with.
ImageImage
Raveen

Post by Raveen »

So it turns out that our Prime Minister and the Leader of the House of Commons lied to the queen and illegally obtained the prorogation of parliament. The prorogation has been declared void and parliament resumes tomorrow morning.

Christ on a bike, anyone else would have resigned by now.
ImageImage
peet

Post by peet »

"Unlawful" and he's still in function. The queen must be "not amused" by now. I stay by my comment she must take the biggest handbag, go to the parliament and whack some sense in their heads. Than repeat at the government.
Raveen

Post by Raveen »

I imagine she's absolutely livid with him.
ImageImage
Terran

Post by Terran »

peet wrote:QUOTE (peet @ Sep 25 2019, 05:13 AM) "Unlawful" and he's still in function. The queen must be "not amused" by now. I stay by my comment she must take the biggest handbag, go to the parliament and whack some sense in their heads. Than repeat at the government.
Can one reasonably expect her to be surprised by this though? Everyone was saying that he had ulterior motives and surely the queen has advisers and reads the news.
JimmyNighthawk wrote:QUOTE (JimmyNighthawk @ Jun 30 2013, 11:32 PM) "Bavarian Sausage Anti-Ketchup Soap"[*]
Raveen

Post by Raveen »

Surprised, no. Angry, yes.
ImageImage