Currently in BrexitLand

Non-Allegiance related. High probability of spam. Pruned regularly.
Papsmear

Post by Papsmear »

Details?
ImageImage
peet

Post by peet »

In MyLittleCountry Labour won (which came as a surprise), but in other countries the Nationalists won. Nigel Farage seems to be able to destroy / troll the big parties in the UK.
Duckwarrior

Post by Duckwarrior »

If we somehow manage to stay in the EU, we are going to have the most motivated, pro-EU movement in the union.

Farage did nothing exceptional. He quarantined the now borderline fascist and very toxic UKIP vote, and migrated the remainder to his the Brexit Party. It was a re-brand, nothing more. They are registered as a company, not a political party. He is funded by Aaron Banks and his campaigns are orchestrated by Steve Bannon, he has to do well as a single issue group. Actually they aren't even that nuanced, they are a single word group.

The real interest in the UK election is the resurgence of the pro-EU parties, the Liberal Democrats, Scottish and Welsh nationalists, and the increase in the Green vote. Labour are virtually at war with themselves as the Stalinists/Marxists try to tacitly support brexit, while retaining their overwhelmingly remain voter base. Meanwhile the centrists (Red Tories to the leftists) do their best to trigger another referendum.

The Conservatives are essentially $#@!ed. They can't out drag Farage's group on Brexit because they have too many MPs who would veto a hard brexit, and they do not have Labour's option of retreating to their big fat remain supporting voter base, because they don't have one.

Brexit became undeliverable the moment it was written down and 17.4 million people realised they voted for about 17.3 million different versions of it.
Last edited by Duckwarrior on Wed May 29, 2019 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, will make violent revolution inevitable. John F. Kennedy.
cashto

Post by cashto »

Sure, let's make earth-shaking changes on the basis of 52-48 majorities. Why the hell not. Who needs to weigh pros and cons when we could just be counting noses instead? The idea of electing representatives who we trust to investigate the facts, debate the merits and make reasoned decisions is so 18th century.

Just so *headdesk* to think that a referendum is what got you into this mess, so clearly a second referendum is the best if not only way to get out of it. Just keep having plebiscites until you get an answer you like, I guess.
Globemaster_III wrote:QUOTE (Globemaster_III @ Jan 11 2018, 11:27 PM) as you know i think very little of cashto, cashto alway a flying low pilot, he alway flying a trainer airplane and he rented
peet

Post by peet »

I had to chuckle at the Farage speech clips in the EU. He seems to annoy the EU powers-that-be with sharp comments about the money wasting at the EU and holding the leaders accountable.

Clearly Farage has a great advantage by the political mess in the UK. His arguments might be old, one sided, and simple minded, but he succeeds in grabbing a lot of votes.

Interesting Boris seems to be dragged in court for lying about a voting speech, something about the amount of millions the UK gives to the EU each week. I think this might be a world first if a politician is convicted of lying during an election.
peet

Post by peet »

Boris Johnson as the new PM. This might be an exciting time for the UK.
pkk

Post by pkk »

This was what the people were waiting for... :popcorn:

Last edited by pkk on Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Escapist (Justin Emerson) @ Dec 21 2010, 02:33 PM:
The history of open-source Allegiance is paved with the bodies of dead code branches, forum flame wars, and personal vendettas. But a community remains because people still love the game.
Raveen

Post by Raveen »

:death:
ImageImage
Spidey: Can't think of a reason I'd need to know anything
SumVeritas

Post by SumVeritas »

pkk wrote:QUOTE (pkk @ Jul 23 2019, 07:49 AM) This was what the people were waiting for... :popcorn:
UK original sound track
Duckwarrior wrote:QUOTE (Duckwarrior @ Mar 8 2017, 09:38 PM) Desert eagle .50 cal from beechcraft bonanza as fly poor people over doctor son beechcraft bonanza trump beef texas ping pong boat 400k doctor son beefsteak good texas cali donald trump hilary dumocrats
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

I don't get it, why did you guys literally elect knock-off Donald J. Trump.
Don't find fault, find a remedy; anybody can complain.
Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Apr 1 2009, 09:35 PM) But I don't read the forums I only post.