RC_03

Developer: Metz
Mastametz

Post by Mastametz »

This is a discussion/rolling changelog for RC_03 that will continue up until release.

General Changes

Code: Select all

Adv Scouts are now available in Garrison (without requiring a Starbase upgrade)

All tiers of (non-belters) scouts reverse thrust multiplier increased to .5(.25)

Bomber/Hvy Bbr scan reduced to 1400(1600)/1600(2000) Lxy hvy bbr reduced to 2000(2666)

Seeker 2/3 damage increased to 70(60)/80(75)

Dumb 2 lifespan reduced to 3.25(3.5) and Dumb 2/3 damage reduced to 115(125)/125(150)

Gatt damage modifier against Utl hull reduced to .4(.5)

Std/Enh large constructors no longer relay lead indicator (Adv large cons still do)

Minigun damage modifier against ultra heavy hull improved to .4(.25)

Belters

Stealth Fighter/Adv Stealth Fighter HP reduced to 200(300)/300(400)

Reverse thrust multiplier for all tiers of scouts reduced to .75(1)

Draconium

Enh/adv fighter size has been increased by 15%

Technoflux

Adv figs no longer have innate lead indicator

Sup Hvy Plas gen 1/2 and Exp Plas Gen 1/2/3 hitpoints increased from 25 to 50, their projectile speed increased from 1000 to 1100 (increasing their range), and they now fire upon missiles

Rixian

Can no longer rip starting figs to starting ripscouts unless they have Energy GA. Enh/Adv figs can still rip to starting ripscouts, and all tiers of figs can rip to adv/hvy ripscouts.

The energy cost to rip all tiers of scouts to a smallrip has been set to 1200 {it was previously growing with each tier}
Last edited by Mastametz on Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There's a new sheriff in town.
Terran

Post by Terran »

i like the TF changes. can we give the hvy scouts lead indicators tho?

also what about the belters sf? those things are kinda OP as much as it hurts me to say this. i suggest decreasing their HP by like a 1/3. i noticed it was super hard fighting them sf vs sf simply because it takes forever to sniper them down. maybe also decrease sensor range?
Last edited by Terran on Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
JimmyNighthawk wrote:QUOTE (JimmyNighthawk @ Jun 30 2013, 11:32 PM) "Bavarian Sausage Anti-Ketchup Soap"[*]
Mastametz

Post by Mastametz »

Terran wrote:QUOTE (Terran @ Jul 23 2018, 05:40 PM) i like the TF changes. can we give the hvy scouts lead indicators tho?

also what about the belters sf? those things are kinda OP as much as it hurts me to say this. i suggest decreasing their HP by like a 1/3. i noticed it was super hard fighting them sf vs sf simply because it takes forever to sniper them down. maybe also decrease sensor range?
Yeah I was having the same issues as TF SF....I could broadside the belters SF but it didn't matter, he could still take all the time necessary to turn and sniper me down well before I could burn through his hull.

Did they have hull GAs that game from a sup they'd had/lost before I joined?

I think I should give gens at least +10% range each. They're still pathetically short ranged and easy to avoid entirely.
Last edited by Mastametz on Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Terran

Post by Terran »

10% isn't a big deal but I think their range is alright. getting adv exp and plas gen 3 makes them incredibly useful but then again I do also probably get more combat prox kills than anyone else :P

i do mean it for the TF hvy scouts though. and the belters sfs. at least a 30% hull nerf.
JimmyNighthawk wrote:QUOTE (JimmyNighthawk @ Jun 30 2013, 11:32 PM) "Bavarian Sausage Anti-Ketchup Soap"[*]
Mastametz

Post by Mastametz »

TF hvy scouts are amazing and get to spam gens like mad - and with my gen changes they will be even better. I'm not inclined to give them leads. Plus they will have leads anytime they are supporting a carrier/hvy bbr/htt/large con anyway.

I've finalized the other changes and updated the OP.
Last edited by Mastametz on Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
qqmwoarplox

Post by qqmwoarplox »

where is the rix nerf
LANS

Post by LANS »

Remove lead indicator from carriers? I want to use them more as roving teleport receivers but it's kinda OP in small games.
ImageImage
Vortrog

Post by Vortrog »

I think teamwork is more OP in small games LANS. Carriers in games < 3v3 are a big advantage in any way you look at them.

Saudade talking Rix nerfs reminds me, Omicron has the fastest path to Heavy ints. Bios became more expensive so 10% harder to dual tech (thanks for the time perk...a techbase price reduction of 10% would help survivability of bios, especially against giga), yet Omicron can dual tech there asses off once Adv Exp (ie Heavy Ints) have been achieved (if the other team hasnt resigned first).
If Omicron cant be 'retarded', then maybe its accellerating other factions proportionate to the 'raiting' of their top tier fighters vs OH heavy ints.

Or maybe, its easier to make Omicrons miners weaker?

YEs, my opinion is worthless, but my observation has merit.
Last edited by Vortrog on Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mastametz

Post by Mastametz »

I have never and will never try balance anything around 5v5 or smaller games. Leads are definitely overpowered in small games because EVERYTHING is overpowered in small games.

OH adv tech rush/dual tech is very strong, similar to IC maybe moreso

Do people feel that rix and OH are OP currently?
qqmwoarplox

Post by qqmwoarplox »

I dont feel that OH is op atm, or at least didnt see it in games.
Rix is definitely OP, start playing more games Metz that's basically an unanimous opinion around the commanders at the moment