Patch 6/7/2018

Front page items.
MagisterXF94

Post by MagisterXF94 »

Changes since the previous update which was on 30-4-2018:

**User interface**
- Movies play on first run by default, will not play for older installs (Rock)
- Configuration screen reworked in a big way (Rock)
- Added, removed, renamed and changed many configuration options (Rock)
- Added modding section to configuration, displaying currently installed mods (Rock)
- Fixed bug introduced in January that was making it impossible to change server name and password (Rock)
- Partially fixed being unable to close the helppane after opening it in a low resolution. Bottom left is now cut off instead. (Rock)
- Quick reference screen aligns top right instead of bottom left, making sure the close buttons are visible (Rock)
- Added loading screen to startup, graphic by BunnyWabbit (Rock)
- (New ui, still disabled by default) Likely fixed connecting to passworded server (Rock)
- (New ui, still disabled by default) Fixed popup inside popup (Rock)

**Graphics**
- Changed how the window is resized, causing less state changes (Rock)
- Fixed saved resolution not being used (Rock)

**Input**:
- Fixed one case of the stuck keys bug. Pressing a thrust key, deactivating the window somehow, the key state now resets to being unpressed. (Rock)
- Added raw mouse input as a mouse input option (Rock)

**Training**:
- Fixed mission 2 text (LANS)
- Fixed delay in mission 2 related to afterburner (LANS)

**Other**
- Callsign filtering is more strict, only allowing alphanumeric and _, and limiting length (Rock)
- Removed several unused startup options (Rock)
- Moved window creation earlier, before game initialization (Rock)
- Some work on separating the engine and artwork loading (Rock)
- Moved movies to earlier in the initialization process, they should play earlier now (Rock)
- Added more logging to a lot of places (Rock)
QUOTE ^cashto@Elem (all): yeah, i imagine if you're rusty, you could build op short for no reason, build a naked ref, then go two techpaths even though your mining is by all objective standards $#@!ed[/quote]
Dome

Post by Dome »

Fantastic work. Thanks for pushing this out.

Let's get to testin!
Terran

Post by Terran »

Senor NoirSol wrote:QUOTE (Senor NoirSol @ Jul 6 2018, 04:56 PM) - Callsign filtering is more strict, only allowing alphanumeric and _, and limiting length (Rock)
johnchrichtonphenomofdenomofvenomofnomnomofboredom will be disappointed
JimmyNighthawk wrote:QUOTE (JimmyNighthawk @ Jun 30 2013, 11:32 PM) "Bavarian Sausage Anti-Ketchup Soap"[*]
Dome

Post by Dome »

Terran wrote:QUOTE (Terran @ Jul 7 2018, 10:45 AM) johnchrichtonphenomofdenomofvenomofnomnomofboredom will be disappointed
it was the first thing he noticed yesterday. :lol:
ryujin

Post by ryujin »

Dome wrote:QUOTE (Dome @ Jul 7 2018, 02:04 PM) it was the first thing he noticed yesterday. :lol:
lol
I"m trying to update... hard with throttled data
*#$@faced $#@!tard Troll
Terran

Post by Terran »

the new update introduced a huge delay on the mouse pointer. basically what wasp has been bitching about except now it's a huge delay. also keyboard doesn't work at all when in game.

thanks for your efforts though.

edit: okay this is weird, keyboard works now. i think if you launch allegiance in windowed mode the keyboard won't work.

edit 2: keyboard doesn't work again. alleg crashes from doing absolutely nothing (#1: sitting in lobby #2: flying in a straight line cuz keyboard doesn't work).

oh yeah, voice chats do work so i guess i can still contribute somewhat to the team effort by waging psychological warfare on the enemy.

edit 3: some kills don't register at all

edit 4: when boosting and going to f3 (while still pressing tab) you can no longer boost
Last edited by Terran on Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
JimmyNighthawk wrote:QUOTE (JimmyNighthawk @ Jun 30 2013, 11:32 PM) "Bavarian Sausage Anti-Ketchup Soap"[*]
TheRock

Post by TheRock »

Terran wrote:QUOTE (Terran @ Jul 8 2018, 02:18 AM) the new update introduced a huge delay on the mouse pointer. basically what wasp has been bitching about except now it's a huge delay.
I haven't noticed it. Please check your (in-game) vsync and and mouse acceleration settings. Especially vsync, since it's on by default instead of off by default.

QUOTE also keyboard doesn't work at all when in game.
edit: okay this is weird, keyboard works now. i think if you launch allegiance in windowed mode the keyboard won't work.
edit 2: keyboard doesn't work again.[/quote]
This was a problem with the text fields in the config when you focused them, but never onfocused. Should be better now.

QUOTE alleg crashes from doing absolutely nothing (#1: sitting in lobby #2: flying in a straight line cuz keyboard doesn't work).[/quote]
Nothing to track these down yet. If you want to help:
- Enable file logging in the configuration
- Send me the debug_xxx_xxx.log file in your install directory
- Send me the debug.log file in your install directory
- Send me xxx.mdump file that may have been created in your install directory

QUOTE edit 3: some kills don't register at all[/quote]
I can't think of anything that would affect this.

QUOTE edit 4: when boosting and going to f3 (while still pressing tab) you can no longer boost[/quote]
I still need to check this out.
Image Image Image
Terran

Post by Terran »

Update on the boost thing - you can boost while in f3 but you have to press tab again. Still kinda annoying compared to before when you could easily switch back and forth while boosting.
TheRock

Post by TheRock »

It has been reverted. Thank you all for participating in the forced beta test
Image Image Image