Game initialization / Window setting switches

Questions / Announcements area for beta tests of Allegiance's future updates.
TheRock

Post by TheRock »

I changed how the game is initialized. A window is now created before loading game assets. This has allowed for the movies to play earlier in the process while also setting up for features like a loading screen and steam workshop support.

I changed how the window switches between resolutions/styles. Less state switches should make it a little faster and cleaner. Still a code mess.

I changed how the available resolutions are found.

One user (ryujin) has big crashing issues on reactivating the game after an alt-tab, only on the beta.
I don't know why. I would expect something related to changes made this beta. Looking through his crash dumps, it could very well be that his video card is unable to load back the game textures after reactivating the game.
Currently waiting on him testing out of memory errors by reducing the max texture size.
Image Image Image
ryujin

Post by ryujin »

Rock wrote:QUOTE (Rock @ Jul 3 2018, 09:24 AM) I changed how the game is initialized. A window is now created before loading game assets. This has allowed for the movies to play earlier in the process while also setting up for features like a loading screen and steam workshop support.

I changed how the window switches between resolutions/styles. Less state switches should make it a little faster and cleaner. Still a code mess.

I changed how the available resolutions are found.

One user (ryujin) has big crashing issues on reactivating the game after an alt-tab, only on the beta.
I don't know why. I would expect something related to changes made this beta. Looking through his crash dumps, it could very well be that his video card is unable to load back the game textures after reactivating the game.
Currently waiting on him testing out of memory errors by reducing the max texture size.
Going to the option menu seems to crash me on the regular now... So its kinda hard to change resolution.
*#$@faced $#@!tard Troll
TheRock

Post by TheRock »

Ryujin wrote:QUOTE (Ryujin @ Jul 3 2018, 09:43 PM) Going to the option menu seems to crash me on the regular now... So its kinda hard to change resolution.
Setting could also be changed by editing the config.json in the installation directory.

But since you get a different kind of crash now, do you think you can get me the log and mdump? :)
Image Image Image
TheRock

Post by TheRock »

And some more changes to the game startup process. It is now showing a loading screen, it's awesome.
Image Image Image