PCore016

Discussion / Announcement area for PCore development.
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

So I've had some time to think about PCores 15 and 14, what I liked, what I didn't like. I decided to go back to PCore14 and make some changes to THAT rather than deal with PCore15, which really wasn't supposed to be a main release. So here's the changelogs from PCore14:

Sup:
DM02 (gats) to .4 vs Util (.5)
QF 2/3 Damage to 40/45 (45/50)
QF 1/2/3 Acceleration down to 75/75/75 (78/84/96)

Figs were killing miners a litttttle too quickly. Also QF3 was hitting a shade too hard at too long of a range. QF3 is now the damage level that QF2 is, and all QF levels will have shorter range (good) and be less able to hit (also good). Expect to be able to dodge QFs in some instances where you couldn't before and also expect to eat more of them to the face before ejecting.

Iron Coalition:
Enh/Adv Fighter lengths to 16.4 (14.94)

IC sup was... too much. They did not need to have missiles that hit as hard as Dreghs, but with better hulls and better guns. On top of that they had ripcording miners (naturally great for sup) and are ungalvable? No thank you. IC's ungalvability is pretty nice in the context of their expansion being very strong against sup, but it made their sup dittos just awful. Making their figs a little bigger will make it easier to defend against their galv runs, defend against their miner offense, and just generally remind IC sup pilots that they're flying a fighter not an interceptor.
Don't find fault, find a remedy; anybody can complain.
Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Apr 1 2009, 09:35 PM) But I don't read the forums I only post.
Papsmear

Post by Papsmear »

I wonder how long this will take to get uploaded to the servers?
ImageImage
Dome

Post by Dome »

phoenix1 wrote:QUOTE (phoenix1 @ May 16 2018, 04:37 PM) So I've had some time to think about PCores 15 and 14, what I liked, what I didn't like. I decided to go back to PCore14 and make some changes to THAT rather than deal with PCore15, which really wasn't supposed to be a main release. So here's the changelogs from PCore14:

Sup:
DM02 (gats) to .4 vs Util (.5)
QF 2/3 Damage to 40/45 (45/50)
QF 1/2/3 Acceleration down to 75/75/75 (78/84/96)

Figs were killing miners a litttttle too quickly. Also QF3 was hitting a shade too hard at too long of a range. QF3 is now the damage level that QF2 is, and all QF levels will have shorter range (good) and be less able to hit (also good). Expect to be able to dodge QFs in some instances where you couldn't before and also expect to eat more of them to the face before ejecting.

Iron Coalition:
Enh/Adv Fighter lengths to 16.4 (14.94)

IC sup was... too much. They did not need to have missiles that hit as hard as Dreghs, but with better hulls and better guns. On top of that they had ripcording miners (naturally great for sup) and are ungalvable? No thank you. IC's ungalvability is pretty nice in the context of their expansion being very strong against sup, but it made their sup dittos just awful. Making their figs a little bigger will make it easier to defend against their galv runs, defend against their miner offense, and just generally remind IC sup pilots that they're flying a fighter not an interceptor.
I would like to be supportive. I keep typing things and then realize that all I'm doing is criticizing lack of mass change revert, the main problem with pc14-15, which is why we wanted to go back to pc12. The ships all feel like bricks, can't turn or stop, can only go in straight lines, it royally $#@!s autopilot (even more than before), etc.

The situation is frustrating because I believe it's been a factor for people leaving the game... and to give Metz a reason to be involved in Allegiance core development which has also had a negative impact on the player base.

I'm pleased that there are only a small amount of changes in this edition. (Another problem was the number of changes happening all the time which alienated the player base as I'm sure you're aware.) Progress!
Mastametz

Post by Mastametz »

Remember when we still had squad tournaments and then you banned me and the game died

I believe you are a negative impact on the player base
There's a new sheriff in town.
Dome

Post by Dome »

Sheriff Metz wrote:QUOTE (Sheriff Metz @ May 17 2018, 11:25 AM) Remember when we still had squad tournaments and then you banned me and the game died

I believe you are a negative impact on the player base
:lol:
Mastametz

Post by Mastametz »

Papsmear wrote:QUOTE (Papsmear @ May 17 2018, 07:40 AM) I wonder how long this will take to get uploaded to the servers?
I give it a week. I've already been waiting for nearly 2 since I last emailed an update to BT.
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

Dome wrote:QUOTE (Dome @ May 17 2018, 08:30 AM) I would like to be supportive. I keep typing things and then realize that all I'm doing is criticizing lack of mass change revert, the main problem with pc14-15, which is why we wanted to go back to pc12. The ships all feel like bricks, can't turn or stop, can only go in straight lines, it royally $#@!s autopilot (even more than before), etc.

The situation is frustrating because I believe it's been a factor for people leaving the game... and to give Metz a reason to be involved in Allegiance core development which has also had a negative impact on the player base.

I'm pleased that there are only a small amount of changes in this edition. (Another problem was the number of changes happening all the time which alienated the player base as I'm sure you're aware.) Progress!
People complained abuot PCore13 and PCore15 having handling issues. People complained that 14 was overpowered for sup. At least give 14 a shot. I think you'll find that it's not as floaty as you remember. The only ship in Pcore14 that's "floatier" is the scout, but that also makes scouts much better at simply running away from ints and figs. This was designed to encourage proper scout play: when the enemy brings a fig to your scout fight, you are supposed to walk away. So if your complaint is that scouts are less effective in combat against other scouts and somehow *that's* driving people away, then we gotta have a chat.

We can always go back to PCore12. If I do that though I have to put in MORE effort. Part of the reason I wanted to do this release was to offer a balanced version of the PC14 experience. Then I'll figure out how to balance PC12. Maybe with the time on my hands this summer I can create my dreamed-of EX-Core and you'll give it a shot.

(13 was actually my favorite, I think it's the one that requires the most "allegiance"-ing. If I had my druthers we'd be on a floatier PC13 with a rebalanced lt boost where voobs and newbies would use lt boost until they learn to control their afterburner properly at which point they'd graduate to boost 1/boost 2/boost3/hvy boost. This game is fun when you make the players think about how they use their weapons and @#(!. The limited ammo on ints is GOOD because it makes you aim properly and punishes you for missing. You should be forced to boost properly and be punished for failing to boost. But I guess you guys don't see it that way so I'm going to give you this PC14/12 thing.)
Don't find fault, find a remedy; anybody can complain.
Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Apr 1 2009, 09:35 PM) But I don't read the forums I only post.
Mastametz

Post by Mastametz »

phoenix1 wrote:QUOTE (phoenix1 @ May 17 2018, 04:37 PM) People complained abuot PCore13 and PCore15 having handling issues. People complained that 14 was overpowered for sup. At least give 14 a shot. I think you'll find that it's not as floaty as you remember. The only ship in Pcore14 that's "floatier" is the scout, but that also makes scouts much better at simply running away from ints and figs. This was designed to encourage proper scout play: when the enemy brings a fig to your scout fight, you are supposed to walk away.
How is your "Design" to make scouts better at running away from ints and figs (given their higher top speed which makes them "floaty") in PCore14 when in PCore 14 you increased booster 1/2/3 thrust from 900/900/900 to 1100/1200/1300 making it easier for ints and figs to chase down scouts (and also making figs/ints "Floaty" once they lay on the boost)

Pretty sure your "Design" was to make everything 20-30% faster for the sake of everything being faster
superglucose wrote:I think the fast moving ships are more fun than missing cashboxes on autopilot is antifun
Phoenix1 wrote:everyone's pissed they can't turn on a dime
and I'm just sitting here like "yeah that's part of the fun"
Last edited by Mastametz on Fri May 18, 2018 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheAlaskan

Post by TheAlaskan »

I hadn't played in awhile but logged in last Sunday to prox compellor. No wonder it felt like my scout was a tugboat. Still accomplished mybmission, mind you.
Mastametz

Post by Mastametz »

TheAlaskan wrote:QUOTE (TheAlaskan @ May 18 2018, 12:51 PM) I hadn't played in awhile but logged in last Sunday to prox compellor. No wonder it felt like my scout was a tugboat. Still accomplished mybmission, mind you.
was that PCore or Realcore