So Was Allegiance on Steam a Hit?

Allegiance discussion not belonging in another forum.
Dorjan

Post by Dorjan »

The thing that an alleg 2 would need is an AI commander by default. With the option of having human commanders. Maybe even a mini-voting system to dictate what the AI will focus on or something like that.

Almost all games that has a position just for the commander dies because it becomes a bottleneck. Remove that and you will have a much better experience for causal players.
I decided to relive the days gone by in my new blog.
---
Remember, what I say is IMO always. If I say that something sucks, it actually means "I think it sucks" OK?
Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Jan 31 2012, 03:09 PM) True story.

Except the big about dorjan being jelly, that's just spidey's ego.
ImageImage
Wasp

Post by Wasp »

Senor NoirSol wrote:QUOTE (Senor NoirSol @ Apr 26 2018, 03:59 AM) Alto trek is what inspired Rashid to make Allegiance, not the game engine
I must have been around 11 years old when I first played this at my father's company (E.S. Preston & Associates). It wasn't displayed on a monitor, it was all print on paper about 2 feet wide.

I've got a great idea, lets start a thread where we can discuss reviving allegiance and discuss making an allegiance 2. It's been at least a month since our last thread.
Last edited by Wasp on Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheAlaskan

Post by TheAlaskan »

And so the toxicity begins
ryujin

Post by ryujin »

did someone call my name?
*#$@faced $#@!tard Troll
TheRock

Post by TheRock »

Alleg runs its own custom built graphics engine, physics engine, sound engine, networking engine and ui engine. And also custom 3d model format and a 2d image format.
Image Image Image
Terran

Post by Terran »

Rock wrote:QUOTE (Rock @ Apr 26 2018, 07:05 PM) Alleg runs its own custom built graphics engine, physics engine, sound engine, networking engine and ui engine. And also custom 3d model format and a 2d image format.
well aren't we special :P
JimmyNighthawk wrote:QUOTE (JimmyNighthawk @ Jun 30 2013, 11:32 PM) "Bavarian Sausage Anti-Ketchup Soap"[*]
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

Rock wrote:QUOTE (Rock @ Apr 26 2018, 04:05 PM) Alleg runs its own custom built graphics engine, physics engine, sound engine, networking engine and ui engine. And also custom 3d model format and a 2d image format.
Which is, of course, utterly unrelated to why this game is so unstable :P
Don't find fault, find a remedy; anybody can complain.
Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Apr 1 2009, 09:35 PM) But I don't read the forums I only post.
minigun

Post by minigun »

Can we get an AI that will boot people and then have the AI post in the forum of what an idiot said player is? P.s. dorjan, striker? Might be time for a Steelfury reunion...
Cry,'Havoc!' and let slip the dogs of war -Julius Ceasar
Papsmear

Post by Papsmear »

minigun wrote:QUOTE (minigun @ Apr 27 2018, 09:24 AM) dorjan, striker? Might be time for a Steelfury reunion...
That would be awesome!
ImageImage
TheAlaskan

Post by TheAlaskan »

I am literally the only person in the world online.

The. Only. One.