Thallium vs Wasp in Discord Noat

Allegiance discussion not belonging in another forum.
Dome

Post by Dome »

Pretty good argument going on in discord noat. Wasp says joysticks are broken in War Thunder. Thal says they aren't and he just wants Wasp to play the game with. Anyways, it's great, check it out: https://discordapp.com/channels/2322181 ... 7330712577

Go to noat and scroll up. you're welcome.
Last edited by Dome on Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pkk

Post by pkk »

War Thunder... LUL
The Escapist (Justin Emerson) @ Dec 21 2010, 02:33 PM:
The history of open-source Allegiance is paved with the bodies of dead code branches, forum flame wars, and personal vendettas. But a community remains because people still love the game.
Wasp

Post by Wasp »

Thal kept posting to get people to check it out....so I spent forever downloading that huge ass game only to find it so severely broken, unrealistic especially for a "sim", and has mice users with a HUGE arcade point and shoot advantage.

What a waste of time, both warthunder and thall
vogue

Post by vogue »

ya, because you played arcade battle mode you voob
phoenix1 wrote:QUOTE (phoenix1 @ May 5 2013, 08:35 PM) Vogue is clearly #1 and commanding against him feels like commanding against Spideycw at times... though he lacks that little bit of "I don't care who's on my team or what the factions are, it's going to be a stomp anyways" that Spidey managed to pull off in his heyday.
Wasp

Post by Wasp »

vogue wrote:QUOTE (vogue @ Apr 3 2018, 12:56 PM) ya, because you played arcade battle mode you voob
Did I?...the game's settings say otherwise.

Blows my mind that the developers would impose such different flight physics for different controller users. I could see where this might be a bug, but in this case, it's clearly deliberate.

Mice users advantage...don't tell me it's a joystick setting!
Last edited by Wasp on Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MagisterXF94

Post by MagisterXF94 »

il 2 Sturmovik ftw. Noobs
QUOTE ^cashto@Elem (all): yeah, i imagine if you're rusty, you could build op short for no reason, build a naked ref, then go two techpaths even though your mining is by all objective standards $#@!ed[/quote]
Wasp

Post by Wasp »

Senor NoirSol wrote:QUOTE (Senor NoirSol @ Apr 3 2018, 02:22 PM) il 2 Sturmovik ftw. Noobs
Yeah, I was scoping that out today where they had a similar discussion. Looks awesome.
TheAlaskan

Post by TheAlaskan »

How is balance determined. Never played it.
Vortrog

Post by Vortrog »

I play warthunder always with a joy, but because they have nerfed my favourite aircraft so stupidly hard (the ju87 D5) so it cant pull anything near the G it was designed to, i stick to the Ju87 r2 in realistic only.
Yes, you cannot outshoot a mouse player but some things to even the score:
Non linerality: set it so you have a larger more finely adjustable “dead/ slow movement” zone in the centre. Helps heaps with aiming at long distances
Dead zone: make one to stop tiny movements if using rudder only (twist rudder) Again helps keep you on target
Head on pass and looping onto target. Noone does this with a mouse but god its effective if you dont get killed by a freak round in the cockpit. Best against spitfires. Sadly due to nerfing, now in a Ju87 you need to dive first before loop regardless of airspeed

Lastly, one thing you can do with a joy you cant do well with a mouse....evasion using negative G (forward stick). Mouse pilots always expect pull up manoevers....not nose down. The joystick is superior for evasion...using rudder alone...all combos.

Yes, its harder than point and click but i think it is more rewarding
Mastametz

Post by Mastametz »

I loved Warthunder before Russia ruined it by making you pay in order to progress through to tech tiers within this lifetime
There's a new sheriff in town.