RealCore_02

Developer: Metz
Vortrog

Post by Vortrog »

Sheriff Metz wrote:QUOTE (Sheriff Metz @ Mar 2 2018, 06:57 AM) So far the history of my core feedback basically consists of vort complaining that I've rendered prox/scouts useless, which ceased the first time he actually played and somehow managed to get prox kills anyway
To be fair, I am reserving my complaining for when I have prox2 and have a fleet of Draconium heavy ints boost through with no real impact
Mastametz

Post by Mastametz »

Vortrog wrote:QUOTE (Vortrog @ Mar 2 2018, 01:46 AM) To be fair, I am reserving my complaining for when I have prox2 and have a fleet of Draconium heavy ints boost through with no real impact
To be fair, you shouldn't be able to pod a "fleet" of t3 ships with a t1 scout and a t2 prox. You'd probably kill a couple and soften the rest up considerably.

Make it a heavy scout with 2 prox 3 per slot or 4 minepacks per slot and yeah you'll probably slaughter them all. and that's still wonky as far as balance goes

I really wish aleph size were a core option. Maybe it will be in 6 months.
Last edited by Mastametz on Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There's a new sheriff in town.
Mastametz

Post by Mastametz »

OP updated to reflect fix to quickload dumbfires.
Terran

Post by Terran »

oh neat i didn't even know there was a difference
JimmyNighthawk wrote:QUOTE (JimmyNighthawk @ Jun 30 2013, 11:32 PM) "Bavarian Sausage Anti-Ketchup Soap"[*]
Mastametz

Post by Mastametz »

Updated with AC tower changes
Vortrog

Post by Vortrog »

QUOTE Make it a heavy scout with 2 prox 3 per slot or 4 minepacks per slot and yeah you'll probably slaughter them all. and that's still wonky as far as balance goes[/quote]
I dont agree. They werent cheap, neither was prox3 (prox 2 isnt a treasure anymore). Like the age old argument weed used and is valid for xrm ab, if it cost you the earth it should be a win button. Similarly, If you let the other team get starbase, heavy scouts, adv exp and prox3 you deserve lots of deaths.

In other news, with LRM missile range nerfed, ac turrets back on heavy scouts, I think tac is less viable. Heavy scouts with their scan alone were a great counter to SBs but now, turret them up and lets swat sfs as well. I have been reminded why turrets got pulled before. Cat and mouse sf hunting (eg low sig scouts hunting) is much preferrable to just brute force. Its too easy as is.
Eg giga sf cloaked with sig3 and lrm3 missiles loaded eyed at 1700m by bios heavy scout with turret
Last edited by Vortrog on Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

Certainly doesn't beat 2 adv SFs with snipers though.
Don't find fault, find a remedy; anybody can complain.
Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Apr 1 2009, 09:35 PM) But I don't read the forums I only post.
Mastametz

Post by Mastametz »

Vortrog wrote:QUOTE (Vortrog @ Mar 6 2018, 11:19 AM) In other news, with LRM missile range nerfed
When was this nerfed
Mastametz

Post by Mastametz »

Vortrog wrote:QUOTE (Vortrog @ Mar 6 2018, 11:19 AM) I dont agree. They werent cheap, neither was prox3 (prox 2 isnt a treasure anymore). Like the age old argument weed used and is valid for xrm ab, if it cost you the earth it should be a win button. Similarly, If you let the other team get starbase, heavy scouts, adv exp and prox3 you deserve lots of deaths.
I should clarify - It's wonky for game-ending because it's basically impossible to crack a hvy scout prox3 turtle and that can be dragged out for basically forever. But, one sided aleph res should be enough to make sure games can end.
Last edited by Mastametz on Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vortrog

Post by Vortrog »

Sheriff Metz wrote:QUOTE (Sheriff Metz @ Mar 8 2018, 03:09 AM) When was this nerfed
My bad, damage was, not range.