RealCore_02

Developer: Metz
vogue

Post by vogue »

i think we should keep this game of core dev musical chairs going and give avis his shot in the limelight

at least that way, the dream of #bomberbay might be realized
phoenix1 wrote:QUOTE (phoenix1 @ May 5 2013, 08:35 PM) Vogue is clearly #1 and commanding against him feels like commanding against Spideycw at times... though he lacks that little bit of "I don't care who's on my team or what the factions are, it's going to be a stomp anyways" that Spidey managed to pull off in his heyday.
Vortrog

Post by Vortrog »

Sheriff Metz wrote:QUOTE (Sheriff Metz @ Mar 1 2018, 05:21 AM) whoring is the pinnacle of skill based play, that's why the best whores are the best at every role. basically everything else in this game is skill-less. if you can't whore then you are trash.
you are creating a very whorecentric core. I don't think that is a good thing. Its a path that may as well lead to Bombers / htts, constructors with 10x the number of HP, 10x the signature and the removal of nans (and indeed scouts)
Mastametz

Post by Mastametz »

Vortrog wrote:QUOTE (Vortrog @ Feb 28 2018, 07:46 PM) you are creating a very whorecentric core. I don't think that is a good thing. Its a path that may as well lead to Bombers / htts, constructors with 10x the number of HP, 10x the signature and the removal of nans (and indeed scouts)
Metz somehow defies all laws of possibility and makes a whore centric core that's also a noob centric core
Because he lives in a world where the possible and impossible collide to create

the possimpable

everything. and nothing. is possimpable.
There's a new sheriff in town.
Mastametz

Post by Mastametz »

more to the point - probably the only time you'll want to launch a solo bbr for D is as TF. but that's nothing new because TF doesn't have mines and their AB cannon is designed to kill other bombers
Mastametz

Post by Mastametz »

So far the history of my core feedback basically consists of vort complaining that I've rendered prox/scouts useless, which ceased the first time he actually played and somehow managed to get prox kills anyway
and then 2 pages of people theorizing on how they are going to exploit global or sector wide lead indicator and how it dumbs down the whole game for noobs and disincentivizes learning how to aim well. but none of that is real either because it's not global or sector wide and won't be overly impactful. in fact if you read the discussion in Development you'd see that I said I specifically don't want global lead indicator because it punishes people who can aim.

and k10 is going to play 1 game, easily whore everyone into the ground and get top kills as per usual, and then that will mostly end the discussion on that topic
Last edited by Mastametz on Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cashto

Post by cashto »

Don't listen to the haters, I for one approve of making matic useful finally.
Globemaster_III wrote:QUOTE (Globemaster_III @ Jan 11 2018, 11:27 PM) as you know i think very little of cashto, cashto alway a flying low pilot, he alway flying a trainer airplane and he rented
Mastametz

Post by Mastametz »

cashto wrote:QUOTE (cashto @ Mar 1 2018, 04:35 PM) Don't listen to the haters, I for one approve of making matic useful finally.
He'll be the best he's ever been.
Terran

Post by Terran »

although a small part of me is sad that i'll whore a tiny bit less than other noobs, i like these changes :hide:

also i recall maaaany occasions where i've flown in a team with lead indicators, say in a GT pew pew carrier game, and massively outwhored all the voobs. I don't think leads are as much of an equalizer between the vets and the voobs as you guys claim. the noobs, yes. but that's fine, now ten4 can pod raum once every 5 minutes or so, i can live with that.
JimmyNighthawk wrote:QUOTE (JimmyNighthawk @ Jun 30 2013, 11:32 PM) "Bavarian Sausage Anti-Ketchup Soap"[*]
Mastametz

Post by Mastametz »

Terran wrote:QUOTE (Terran @ Mar 1 2018, 05:51 PM) although a small part of me is sad that i'll whore a tiny bit less than other noobs, i like these changes :hide:

also i recall maaaany occasions where i've flown in a team with lead indicators, say in a GT pew pew carrier game, and massively outwhored all the voobs. I don't think leads are as much of an equalizer between the vets and the voobs as you guys claim. the noobs, yes. but that's fine, now ten4 can pod raum once every 5 minutes or so, i can live with that.
this, and again... you still won't have lead indicator most of the time/in most circumstances. this won't be overly impactful. and I can just dial back htt/bbr scan range a bit if I need to reduce lead indicator range later.
Terran

Post by Terran »

damn, now how am i gonna bomberscout? figscouting was already hard enough
JimmyNighthawk wrote:QUOTE (JimmyNighthawk @ Jun 30 2013, 11:32 PM) "Bavarian Sausage Anti-Ketchup Soap"[*]