RealCore_02

Developer: Metz
Terran

Post by Terran »

Vortrog wrote:QUOTE (Vortrog @ Mar 6 2018, 02:19 PM) I dont agree. They werent cheap, neither was prox3 (prox 2 isnt a treasure anymore). Like the age old argument weed used and is valid for xrm ab, if it cost you the earth it should be a win button. Similarly, If you let the other team get starbase, heavy scouts, adv exp and prox3 you deserve lots of deaths.

In other news, with LRM missile range nerfed, ac turrets back on heavy scouts, I think tac is less viable. Heavy scouts with their scan alone were a great counter to SBs but now, turret them up and lets swat sfs as well. I have been reminded why turrets got pulled before. Cat and mouse sf hunting (eg low sig scouts hunting) is much preferrable to just brute force. Its too easy as is.
Eg giga sf cloaked with sig3 and lrm3 missiles loaded eyed at 1700m by bios heavy scout with turret
why would you ever actually fly around in a sf with missiles loaded?
JimmyNighthawk wrote:QUOTE (JimmyNighthawk @ Jun 30 2013, 11:32 PM) "Bavarian Sausage Anti-Ketchup Soap"[*]
Mastametz

Post by Mastametz »

updated UP with easter egg suprise
There's a new sheriff in town.
Wasp

Post by Wasp »

Terran wrote:QUOTE (Terran @ Mar 8 2018, 09:19 PM) why would you ever actually fly around in a sf w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶m̶i̶s̶s̶i̶l̶e̶s̶ ̶l̶o̶a̶d̶e̶d̶?
*fixed
Papsmear

Post by Papsmear »

Sheriff Metz wrote:QUOTE (Sheriff Metz @ Apr 15 2018, 05:07 PM) updated UP with easter egg suprise
That was an interesting easter egg surprise indeed.
ImageImage
Mastametz

Post by Mastametz »

Htts didn't end up getting relaying indicator like I intended. Bbrs, hvy bbrs, lxy bbrs, lxy htts did though. and all tiers of tf figs have lead indicator (locally. they don't relay it). these were both accidents as I had initially thought I'd give TF figs lead but decided to make gatts fire faster instead so you don't have to lead as much with them. but apparently forgot to revert the tf fig lead change (this was before I made this thread to track my changes) so now they have both. (lead indicator and projectile speed are in completely different sections of ICE) and I have no idea how standard (non lxy) HTTs didn't end up relaying lead indicator because I worked through every single change individually and saved them before I posted about it here in the changelog. but somehow screwed that up anyway. oh well.

having played with a bit I think I might remove lead from tf basic and enh figs next release and leave adv figs with them but increase the cost of their adv figs or something.
Dome

Post by Dome »

Sheriff Metz wrote:QUOTE (Sheriff Metz @ Apr 16 2018, 05:40 PM) Htts didn't end up getting relaying indicator like I intended. Bbrs, hvy bbrs, lxy bbrs, lxy htts did though. and all tiers of tf figs have lead indicator (locally. they don't relay it). these were both accidents as I had initially thought I'd give TF figs lead but decided to make gatts fire faster instead so you don't have to lead as much with them. but apparently forgot to revert the tf fig lead change (this was before I made this thread to track my changes) so now they have both. (lead indicator and projectile speed are in completely different sections of ICE) and I have no idea how standard (non lxy) HTTs didn't end up relaying lead indicator because I worked through every single change individually and saved them before I posted about it here in the changelog. but somehow screwed that up anyway. oh well.

having played with a bit I think I might remove lead from tf basic and enh figs next release and leave adv figs with them but increase the cost of their adv figs or something.
oh well!?

ffs sunday main has to be guinea pig for your tinkering. Please stop breaking the game.
Mastametz

Post by Mastametz »

tf sup is still the worst sup in the game, so oh well. if tf sup actually wins some games that is an improvement. and htts not relaying lead which everyone was bitching about anyway doesn't really matter either. people choose to play on my core they're not forced to. and hotfixes can be pushed at any moment at any time if something is gamebreaking (assuming BT checks on things at all)

I could just not post changelogs and let people figure out the changes on their own and nobody will know if something was intentional or not, it doesn't matter and they're going to play it anyway. there is no core that exists that anyone would consider perfectly balanced or unbroken.
Last edited by Mastametz on Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mastametz

Post by Mastametz »

I'm pushing a hotfix so that everything is like it's written in my changelog except a couple changes i'm going to make at the same time. give me 15 minutes.

I see now that ICE automatically reverts changes every time you change areas in the program if you don't explicitly save them in their given section, and then when you save the core file, your changes don't go in it! nice

// now I'm going back through everything because there are a ton of things that didn't get saved in both each release.

fixing everything now :wacko:
Last edited by Mastametz on Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mastametz

Post by Mastametz »

- 2 hours later

well I went back through EVERY CHANGE I'VE EVER MADE and fixed a ton of them because so many of them didn't save into the core file because of how ICE works (like an @#$%@#)
and make a couple changes other after-the-fact

things you'll notice once this goes live

fixed HTTs so they relay lead like intended (added relay lead to HoD as well)
put PE gatt1 back how it was, PE gatt2 and 3 now retain the increased speed
removed lead indicator from TF figs and enh figs - adv figs retain it
my minigun ammo usage increase wouldn't work the way I was trying to do it, ended up nerfing ammo capacity of ints instead
TF int energy wasn't increased like it was supposed to be, now it is
SF energy wasn't increased like it was supposed to be, now it is
LRR Lightning 1 and 2 reload time fixed
Last edited by Mastametz on Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Papsmear

Post by Papsmear »

Sounds like a huge pain in the neck.
Looking forward to trying this once it goes live.
ImageImage