XT/mercs vs Elem

Tactical advice, How-to, Post-mortem, etc.
Mastametz

Post by Mastametz »

phoenix1 wrote:QUOTE (phoenix1 @ Feb 27 2018, 01:08 AM) I disagree with the direction dumbfires have gone and feel they are very, very overpowered (I think I've been getting hvy int kills just by lobbing dumbfires after them as they boost away?), but at the end of the day that just means more challenge on miner defense against sup and more successful miner offense with figs. I can live with that.
They were when they were 2k+ range, now they're back to standard range. I'm not having any issues avoiding them in an int especially given the extra fuel. if someone is going to fly straight at/away from a ship with dumbfires, they will probably get hit by them. that's how it works and should work. dumbfires have been garbage for any sort of dogfighting and seeker 1 and 2 have just been really slow to lock though they work fine otherwise - that's why this game has been dominated by quickfire fighters for years because they've been massively overpowered, especially relative to other missile options that are garbage
QUOTE I also find the $700 cashboxes an answer to a question no one asked. It feels like finding those is very rewarding now despite Metz complaining about the RNG aspects of this game?[/quote]
Well I would like to take treasures out entirely on the balance end of things because RNG is bad for balance but treasures are "fun" so I left some in, and then cashboxes were the very first change I made in the core but wasn't used to how you have to actually save each individual change to treasures within that individual treasure itself if you're making a series of changes to the core otherwise ICE doesn't keep the changes and it doesn't get saved in the core file. So my cashbox changes didn't go into the first release of the core, so once I realized cashboxes were still 500 I changed it to 700 in the hotfix for dumbfires.

buuut I realize just as i read your post that I definitely forgot to halve the spawn rate of cashboxes when I went back in and fixed the value of them, so yeah there's just more floating money at the moment for no reason. but it's not overly important right now I'll deal with it next release.
Last edited by Mastametz on Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There's a new sheriff in town.
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

vogue wrote:QUOTE (vogue @ Feb 27 2018, 04:19 AM) lemme guess, differences with leadership?
Saudade wrote:QUOTE ( Saudade @ Feb 27 2018, 04:25 AM) nah just thall being thall
The rumor I heard is that Thall booted K10 once. Prepare for Andrey@XT.
Don't find fault, find a remedy; anybody can complain.
Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Apr 1 2009, 09:35 PM) But I don't read the forums I only post.
Mastametz

Post by Mastametz »

phoenix1 wrote:QUOTE (phoenix1 @ Feb 27 2018, 01:10 PM) The rumor I heard is that Thall booted K10 once. Prepare for Andrey@XT.
He's not particularly popular with a lot of XT and acceptance of a new member into XT does and always has basically needed to be unanimously supported by existing XT members.
Last edited by Mastametz on Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Papsmear

Post by Papsmear »

Sheriff Metz wrote:QUOTE (Sheriff Metz @ Feb 27 2018, 04:44 PM) and acceptance of a new member into XT does and always has basically needed to be unanimously supported by existing XT members.
Then how the hell did you get into XT? :P
ImageImage
Mastametz

Post by Mastametz »

Papsmear wrote:QUOTE (Papsmear @ Feb 27 2018, 02:27 PM) Then how the hell did you get into XT? :P
I'm just really charming
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

You know last night I started reading about a guy named Tyler1 and watched him play some league. I swear it's like your long-lost twin brother.
Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Apr 1 2009, 09:35 PM) But I don't read the forums I only post.
Mastametz

Post by Mastametz »

phoenix1 wrote:QUOTE (phoenix1 @ Feb 27 2018, 03:05 PM) You know last night I started reading about a guy named Tyler1 and watched him play some league. I swear it's like your long-lost twin brother.
Maybe it's me.
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

Nah, he doesn't lift quite as much as you do.

Also his voice is a little higher pitched.
Last edited by zombywoof on Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cashto

Post by cashto »

Sheriff Metz wrote:QUOTE (Sheriff Metz @ Feb 27 2018, 01:44 PM) He's not particularly popular with a lot of XT and acceptance of a new member into XT does and always has basically needed to be unanimously supported by existing XT members.
Isn't XT unified only by the fact that you hate other squads more than you hate each other?
Globemaster_III wrote:QUOTE (Globemaster_III @ Jan 11 2018, 11:27 PM) as you know i think very little of cashto, cashto alway a flying low pilot, he alway flying a trainer airplane and he rented
Mastametz

Post by Mastametz »

cashto wrote:QUOTE (cashto @ Feb 27 2018, 06:58 PM) Isn't XT unified only by the fact that you hate other squads more than you hate each other?
To a point, yes. It's very American.
Last edited by Mastametz on Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.