Realcore_01

Developer: Metz
Mastametz

Post by Mastametz »

Built from PCore 15 since it's the current active core. Here's hoping I didn't botch anything on my first core release (but hey p1 has botched every release so the bar is set pretty low amirite)

Floating Treasures have been limited to Emp Mine 1, EW Dis 2, EWS Probe 2, LRM Aleph Res 1, Retro Booster, SRM Seismic,
Powerups (double spawn chance 120 from 60), and Cash (increased to 700 (500) but with half the spawn chance (15 from 30))

Belters He3Yield modifier reduced 1.1 (1.25)
Belters fighters mass reduced 40 (52), Hvy Int/int mass reduced 30(35), ADV sf/sf mass reduced 80(90)

Bios research time modifier reduced from 5 to 4.5 (resulting in 9 minute research)
Research cost modifier increased from .5 to .6

all tiers of Fighters (non belters and tf) mass change reverted back to 30 (36) (only reverting the mass change from PCore 15, fuel and sidethrust changes remain the same)
Adv, enh, std fig ripcord time reduced 7 (8.5), 8 (9), 9 (10)
Dumbfire 1, 2, 3, and Quickload variants modified - Launch Velocity 10 (25), acceleration 200 (100)
Seeker 1,2 and quickload variants lock time improved to match Seeker 3 - 1 (2.66), 1 (1.5)- [seeker 3 still has a longer range and more damage than 1 and 2 and a wider lock radius (as does seeker 2 over seeker 1 have better dmg and lock radius ]
Quickfire 1, 2, and 3 damage reduced to 30 (40), 35 (40) 40 (45)
Minepack 1 and 2 damage reduced to 500 (700), 700 (900)

Aleph res 1 2 and 3 are now 1-sided.
SRM AB 1, 2, 3 reload time increased 4.5 (4), 4.5 (4), 4 (3.5)
Nanite 1 2 and 3 projectile speed increased 600 (400) (increases their maximum range since they move faster throughout their (1) second lifespan)
Nan 1 repair rate improved to -25 (-22.5)

Light stealth fighters, Stealth Fighters and Adv Stealth Fighters energy increased 2200 (1800), 2800 (2400), 3000 (2400)
Sniper 1 and 2 projectile lifespan increased .9 (.7), 1 (.8) (increases maximum range) and damage increased 4 (3.5), 5 (4.5)
LRM Hunter 1, 2, and 3 damage reduced to 100 (120), 110 (120), 120(144)
Utl Cannon 1 2 and 3 damage reduced to 4 (4.8), 4.5 (5.2), 5 (6.5)

Interceptor, and Heavy interceptor fuel increased 16 (14), 18 (15)
TF Light Interceptor, Std Interceptor, and Hvy Interceptor energy increased to 1500 (1200)
PE/PW 1/2/3 Minigun ammo usage increased 1.15 (1)
Prox mine 1 2 and 3 damage reduced to 300 (400), 400 (500), 500 (600)

Miners, Enh Miners, and Adv miners have had their HP increased to 1200 (1056), 1600 (1320), 2000 (1500)
small Std, Enh, and Adv constructors have had their HP increased 1700 (1440), 2000 (1800), 2500 (2250)
Large constructors now relay lead indicator

PW/PE Skycap AoE Radius reduced to 5 (10)

Lifepod HP increased 50 (25)
Lifepod endurance reduced 100 (300)

Starting money reduced 14000 (16000)
Total money reduced 50000 (72000)

I will yet do a lot of reworking of bios and SY but thought this was enough for the moment

//

Hotfix - (sending to blacksun now will probably take a day or two to go live)

Pod endurance increased from 100 to 200 (was originally 300)
Cashboxes are now actually 700 now
Prosperity win condition money reverted to 72000
Total He3 reduced to 1300 (1500)
SRM Dumbfire 1, 2, 3, and QL variant lifespan reduced to 3 (4), 3.5 (4.5), 3.5 (4.5)
Last edited by Mastametz on Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
There's a new sheriff in town.
qqmwoarplox

Post by qqmwoarplox »

good notes I like most of the things
Sycrus

Post by Sycrus »

#bringbackDN
NakPPI@XT wrote:QUOTE (NakPPI@XT @ Oct 7 2008, 03:50 PM) I didn't log in to allegiance to be taunted by some keyboard warrior that gets off by bragging about the size of his nuts in a 10 year old video game
Vortrog

Post by Vortrog »

All hail greenrecticlecore

Missiles and prox are for pussies (oh, and so are scouts but dont tell their pilots as that will mean less kb for the core faithful)

:mad:

To avoid confusion on my sarcasm, the prox nerfs are unjust and will mean a couple of factions can ignore being podded on prox. God help anyone trying to stop a capship from being stupid
Dont reward stupidity and make pilots dumber by nerfing prox!
Last edited by Vortrog on Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Radulfr

Post by Radulfr »

Sounds good, although I did like the treasure hunting idea.

Also a very readable change log, unlike some :thumbsup:
Mastametz

Post by Mastametz »

The only RNG factor I can really accept (mostly due to how integral it is in how we've always played the game) which is a HUGE uncontrollable variable in and of itself (without putting all 3 tech rocks in every sector or making every tech base buildable on any tech rock). It serves a good purpose because it prevents comms from going the same tech EVERY game and putting the tech base in the same sector of the map EVERY game. that would be really lame.

If you want tech that changes the outcome of the game you should have to buy it - not find it magically floating out in space. I do appreciate the "fun" factor of floating treasures which is why I left some that aren't particularly game changing, and cashboxes and powerups even though they don't really make any sense either. At least with this we don't have to try to explain to noobs when and where and under what lunar phase it's worth picking up x y z tech - which really takes experience that they don't have yet. also it's just been absurd how belters - which already had gotten way more money than it needs for things - could just pick up all the tech it needs straight away because it's floating.

with halving the spawn rate of them, cashboxes are highly unlikely to cluster like 4 at a time (it's ridiculous to have 4k cash floating in space in the same location - that's a free miner) but now they're worth more per cashbox so more worth going out of your way to pick up. and more powerups. because they're fun and not really game breaking either.

also with miners and cons being stronger, sfs being reworked so that you can't solo a miner in 3 seconds flat in the early game, miners should stay alive better and if you lose them, you shouldn't be able to go trololol out in space picking up a cluster of cash and immediately build another miner

I'll be pushing a second release pretty quickly that will surely fine tune some of the numbers I've set here along with reworking Bios and SY - after this makes it onto a server and we have a chance to see its real-world performance
Last edited by Mastametz on Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shizoku

Post by Shizoku »

Good stuff over all.

As much as I like proxing allephs and getting free kills, it is a good idea to nerf prox to lower the ability to turtle and slow the game down. There are more than a couple changes in this core that look like it will lower the ability to turtle, should be interesting to see if games are ended quicker now.

While I realize this is your first release and you want to change quite a lot, going forward I would urge you to limit the changes to a few and see how the balance sits. Eg: one of the previous PC cores where p1 changed literally everything about how figs flew, kind of caused a bit of chaos. Make a few tweaks to each tech path and faction as needed and see how things sit.

Good direction though, interested to see where this core goes.
Mastametz

Post by Mastametz »

Shizoku wrote:QUOTE (Shizoku @ Feb 21 2018, 10:05 PM) As much as I like proxing allephs and getting free kills, it is a good idea to nerf prox to lower the ability to turtle and slow the game down. There are more than a couple changes in this core that look like it will lower the ability to turtle, should be interesting to see if games are ended quicker now.
That is the point. I'm not nerfing mines for the sake of doing it for some moral qualm - god knows I love getting prox kills as much as the next @#$%@# - but the impact it has one the game when ONE scout can decimate an entire coordinated effort by the opposing team is really bad from a balance/gameplay standpoint. When we're playing games games of larger sizes/squad games it's easy to perpetually park scouts on important alephs to prolong the game...indefinitely. One of my major goals in my goal is too minimize the ability to turtle endlessly/being unable to end games.

I had planned on increasing the physical size of alephs as well for that same purpose but I have yet to find that option in ICE *shrug*
Last edited by Mastametz on Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vortrog

Post by Vortrog »

its not a very good coordinated team effort if you cant kill one scout.

If its turtling you are worried about, make res stronger and one sided and moutable on htts as well. You are nerfing something that is very usefull for a lot of other things for the sake of fixing one annoying thing.
You are also reducing scout survivability. Its bad enough to fly a scout most times without knowing even your escape ticket now isnt reliable. Let alone your bomber shield of prox. Or red door camp.
qqmwoarplox

Post by qqmwoarplox »

Just relax Vort you'll still be able to kill noobs that boost after you at full speed