Realcore_01

Developer: Metz
FIZ

Post by FIZ »

Sheriff Metz wrote:QUOTE (Sheriff Metz @ Feb 22 2018, 01:10 PM) That was one of Grav's favorite things to do was pick an RT or two and they were commissioned to just sit in enemy sectors eyeing @#(! for the entire duration of the game. and there's no way to beat that if victory is dependent on managing to get uneyed run through one particular aleph - which is often what the game comes down to.

I usually volunteered for that. PP on scouts made it more difficult. If anything, increasing Garrison scan range on the z-axis would nerf that tactic the best. Honestly though, it was the ints that brought 2-3 pulse probes with a scout to hound me out that worked best. It's your garrison man, muscle the $#@! up if you suspect a scout is there.
LANS

Post by LANS »

Sheriff Metz wrote:QUOTE (Sheriff Metz @ Feb 22 2018, 01:52 AM) I had planned on increasing the physical size of alephs as well for that same purpose but I have yet to find that option in ICE *shrug*
Aleph size is a map setting, not core. Use allegiance mapmaker and then post the new/modified maps, give them different names so we know in the game menu to try it out.
ImageImage
Mastametz

Post by Mastametz »

Nightflame wrote:QUOTE (Nightflame @ Feb 22 2018, 09:48 PM) Seek3's in starbase. It was a prediction that this means most sup games will go for QF3 first, and seek3 belatedly, if at all.
Seek3 may end up being moved. I'm trying to rework how dumbfires function so it's a more viable missle solution as well.
QUOTE Game settings > win conditions:
Conquest. Territorial. Prosperity. Artifact run. Flags. Required kills. Countdown.
Global 09: AmountHe3. That's the one that controls total He3 on the map.[/quote]
Oh, it doesn't have its own game mode but can be added to a custom game. my brain tends to forget things after 18 years of them never being used >< oh well I'll deal with it next release it's not important right now.
Last edited by Mastametz on Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There's a new sheriff in town.
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

I figured you'd have caught that in testing.

Also at what stage of your thoughtful thinking did you arrive at the conclusion that a field labeled "WinTheGameMoney" meant "total money on the map"?
Don't find fault, find a remedy; anybody can complain.
Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Apr 1 2009, 09:35 PM) But I don't read the forums I only post.
Mastametz

Post by Mastametz »

phoenix1 wrote:QUOTE (phoenix1 @ Feb 23 2018, 04:27 PM) I figured you'd have caught that in testing.

Also at what stage of your thoughtful thinking did you arrive at the conclusion that a field labeled "WinTheGameMoney" meant "total money on the map"?
Because the total money on the map is the amount of maximum amount of money you have to win the game with as a product of mining.

and in the Globals it's listed directly under Starting Money, just as total money is in the game settings

but you knew that and are just saying things just to say them like usual
cashto

Post by cashto »

Yeah, P1, you knew Metz couldn't read, has never heard of Prosperity win condition in all his years here, has never read the ACS material, and thinks $72k is about enough for two teams to get adv tech with sectors left over. Why do you ask such questions?
Globemaster_III wrote:QUOTE (Globemaster_III @ Jan 11 2018, 11:27 PM) as you know i think very little of cashto, cashto alway a flying low pilot, he alway flying a trainer airplane and he rented
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

Sheriff Metz wrote:QUOTE (Sheriff Metz @ Feb 23 2018, 05:16 PM) Because the total money on the map is the amount of maximum amount of money you have to win the game with as a product of mining.
I figured this is what you would say and it boggles my mind. But then I got to this:

QUOTE and in the Globals it's listed directly under Starting Money, just as total money is in the game settings[/quote]

QUOTE but you knew that and are just saying things just to say them like usual[/quote]
You know what's really sad? I suspected both to be the case. My immediate follow-up thought was, "no, that's the troll answer. The real answer is he just doesn't give a @#(!."
Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Apr 1 2009, 09:35 PM) But I don't read the forums I only post.
Mastametz

Post by Mastametz »

phoenix1 wrote:QUOTE (phoenix1 @ Feb 24 2018, 01:29 AM) You know what's really sad? I suspected both to be the case. My immediate follow-up thought was, "no, that's the troll answer. The real answer is he just doesn't give a @#(!."
Like I said, you already knew why, and you just like to hear yourself talk using troll questions.
Papsmear

Post by Papsmear »

Sheriff Metz wrote:QUOTE (Sheriff Metz @ Feb 23 2018, 02:26 PM) I'm trying to rework how dumbfires function so it's a more viable missle solution as well.
Make this happen please, the sooner the better.
ImageImage
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

Sheriff Metz wrote:QUOTE (Sheriff Metz @ Feb 24 2018, 01:35 PM) Like I said, you already knew why, and you just like to hear yourself talk using troll questions.
I had made the really honest assumption that you couldn't be that dumb.