PCore015

Discussion / Announcement area for PCore development.
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

I've been shamed out of retirement after only a week or two. With RealCore likely to stay nothing more than a channel on the discord and Eclipse really just being "Pcore14 but without peenix, also we're going to make you play on treasures off," and the whining (OH GOD THE WHINING I HEAR IT IN MY DREAMS NOW) about how broken figs are and quickfires are and this is and that is I decided, meh. I'll do something about it.

So without further ado, here's the change logs:

General Changes:

-ADV Figs sidethrust multiplier to .85 (1.0), fuel to 15 (20).

Probably a mistake to have them as nimble as they were, though I'm not going back to the old DN values. Holy @#(!. Also the fuel values are lulzy.

-All figs (except Belters and TF) mass to 36 (30)

This is a 20% mass increase which is ALMOST as good as a 20% thrust nerf. These suckers aren't going to sidethrust or boost nearly as fast as they used to.

-ENH Figs fuel to 15 (17)

Not a straight revert to PCore012 because, well, boosting more = more fun, and I like fun.

-Quickfire 2, 3 damage to 40, 45 (45, 50)

This is the first quickfire change since DN 4.5. Yeah, that's right Noir fans, the quickfires you've been bitching about have literally been identical to DN quickfire! You just didn't notice because frankly DN figs were @#(! on a @#(! sandwich that was carefully covered in @#(!. The more I look at DN, the more I'm just astounded that anything thought that core was a three techpath core. In pugs, a sup might be fine, but if anyone is any good on either team you're going to be $#@!ing miserable doing anything but expansion... and maaaaaybe a tacspan thrown in here or there.

-Nan2 removed from treasures, requires starbase.

Nan2 is advanced tech and is easily capable of outdamaging mini2 which is a huge problem because nans are very, very difficult buggers to shoot down properly. Plus cross-nanning was way too abusive a strategy.

-Draconium ints (all levels) ammo increased to 540 (450)

Drac had a small problem wherein they just weren't able to kill as many things as other guys. I like the idea of Drac taking forever to kill things, but a part of that is that the thing eventually die. No more running out of ammo while shooting the nans off a bomb run. Enjoy! (P.S. this will make them handle ever so slightly more sluggishly. Suck it up.)

-Dreghkalar fig scale increased to 20 at all levels (18.9), int scale increased to 17.8 at all levels (16.4).

Dregh is supposed to be speedy as $#@! but squishy. Unfortunately, being that speedy (and with their absurd turn rate) they're a touch difficult to hit with their hitboxes. Also, TheAlaskan isn't around to make me new Dregh models like he did for Drac (which is a shame because his Drac models are gorgeous). It helps that Dregh may actually be the strongest faction at the moment (cue laughter from the Element crowd who's convinced it's Rix despite not going rix even once in their three squadgames). I don't mind that Dregh gets off the ground early with lt ints and then asserts dominance with their figs, I just want it to be a TOUCH easier to just shoot the fools who stick around.

-GT Hvy Scouts given three forward facing full AC guns AC reverted to turret.

In THEORY it should be a mini-AC turret, but :unsure: because lxy hvy scouts still aren't doing what I want them to be doing. Mostly I just blame Terran.

Anyways, y'all mother$#@!ers have fun out there.
Don't find fault, find a remedy; anybody can complain.
Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Apr 1 2009, 09:35 PM) But I don't read the forums I only post.
Mastametz

Post by Mastametz »

phoenix1 wrote:QUOTE (phoenix1 @ Jan 29 2018, 09:33 PM) -Nan2 removed from treasures, requires starbase.

Nan2 is advanced tech and is easily capable of outdamaging mini2 which is a huge problem because nans are very, very difficult buggers to shoot down properly. Plus cross-nanning was way too abusive a strategy.
better buff nan1 now :D
There's a new sheriff in town.
Terran

Post by Terran »

what's wrong with the lxy scout?

also can enh figs boost less than adv figs? why do they have the same fuel
Last edited by Terran on Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JimmyNighthawk wrote:QUOTE (JimmyNighthawk @ Jun 30 2013, 11:32 PM) "Bavarian Sausage Anti-Ketchup Soap"[*]
Mastametz

Post by Mastametz »

phoenix1 wrote:QUOTE (phoenix1 @ Jan 29 2018, 09:33 PM) -Quickfire 2, 3 damage to 40, 45 (45, 50)

This is the first quickfire change since DN 4.5. Yeah, that's right Noir fans, the quickfires you've been bitching about have literally been identical to DN quickfire!
From Discord NOAT channel
Drizzo wrote:QUOTE (Drizzo)Yes noir changed them around the same time he changed the gat particles to the ninja stars
So like 4.2
He spent quite a bit of effort making figs an option
$#@!ing dis3
QUOTE (Metz)quickfires in their current incarnation are one of those absurd gimmicks to bait people into playing sup
like retard gun
except it shouldn't have lasted through all the sup buffs between now and then
might as well put retard gun back in
it makes me laugh[/quote]
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

Terran wrote:QUOTE (Terran @ Jan 30 2018, 07:02 AM) what's wrong with the lxy scout?
I can't convince it to mount skycap turrets :( The Giga ground crews apparently have a problem with me.

QUOTE also can enh figs boost less than adv figs? why do they have the same fuel[/quote]
They have the same fuel because I actually rather liked how much fuel the basic figs had and didn't want to nerf that.

Look, here's the thing: ints have been historically vastly superior to figs in virtually every phase of the game. The recent reversal of trend isn't, as some people like to claim, figs being absurdly dominant over ints. Adv figs with quickfire 3 were, perhaps, overwhelmingly superior to hvy ints, but an int and a nan could still effectively defend a miner against up to three figs and even with quickfire 2, figs were usually not winning the 1v1 matchup against ints.

This fig nerf from PCore15 is already making me nervous. +20% mass is a huge change and basically means a corresponding loss of top speed. On top of that, I *stilll* want to get rid of quickfires because I think the gameplay around them is toxic: if sup needs an effective combat missile, I'd much rather just buff seeker until it's an effective equalizer against ints. I just haven't spent the time mapping out how I want that to look and what numbers go along with it because I've been increeeedibly lazy lately.
Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Apr 1 2009, 09:35 PM) But I don't read the forums I only post.
Mastametz

Post by Mastametz »

phoenix1 wrote:QUOTE (phoenix1 @ Jan 30 2018, 12:30 PM) Look, here's the thing: ints have been historically vastly superior to figs in virtually every phase of the game. The recent reversal of trend isn't, as some people like to claim, figs being absurdly dominant over ints. Adv figs with quickfire 3 were, perhaps, overwhelmingly superior to hvy ints, but an int and a nan could still effectively defend a miner against up to three figs and even with quickfire 2, figs were usually not winning the 1v1 matchup against ints.
You can't keep making balance changes based on the performance of people who are ass at flying (most people who will be found not flying ints) if that core is also going to be the one used for competitive squad games.
Last edited by Mastametz on Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

I'm making this decision based on how comfortable I personally feel in an int. In a mini2 int, I have always felt capable of fighting off enhanced figs, even the guys who are at or above my skill level. For me, it hasn't been until the hvy int vs adv fig that I've started to feel overwhelmed.

If you feel like you're losing fights to vastly inferior pilots who are flying figs, I would suggest that you might look inward before blaming the game.
Mastametz

Post by Mastametz »

It's never happened. Just do what I tell you.
Papsmear

Post by Papsmear »

Sheriff Metz wrote:QUOTE (Sheriff Metz @ Jan 30 2018, 04:06 PM) It's never happened. Just do what I tell you.
HA.

Looking forward to seeing how these changes are in game.
I have always hated QF3 removing them altogether wouldn't break my heart.
I would rather see seeker's damage & dumbfire's tracking and/or load times perked a little bit then have QF in game.
ImageImage
Mastametz

Post by Mastametz »

Seekers are fine. Seeker 3 is amazing. In conjunction with minepacks they function exactly how like a fighter should.