Allegitities I´ve got a problem

User-to-user help and troubleshooting.
Archangelus

Post by Archangelus »

What the topic says.

I press play over the steam plataform and nothing happens.

If I try to manually launch the game clickin over the alleg.exe at the folder, it gives me an error message saying api ms something is missing. I already checked and the file is related to a Visual C package, and I have all of them over here (2010 to 2015).

I alreayd tried reinstalling the game and the problem persists.

PS: the game was running fine untill the last time I tried (wich i dont remember but prolly december), I had just formated my OS drive and was checking what was running/not and stumbled upon this problem.
pkk wrote:QUOTE (pkk @ Jul 18 2014, 06:08 AM) Seems like some people forget, that they're guest here and their status can be removed any time.
TheRock

Post by TheRock »

Maybe the files from the vc package have been removed during your disk formatting while windows/steam still thinks it is installed. Try reinstalling the required package. I think this is the one that you would need: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... x?id=48145

What is the exact error message you are getting?
Image Image Image
Archangelus

Post by Archangelus »

Dude you Rock!

I unistalled/reinstalled the VC package and its working!!

A day on my harem full of vogues!!
pkk wrote:QUOTE (pkk @ Jul 18 2014, 06:08 AM) Seems like some people forget, that they're guest here and their status can be removed any time.