top gun voicechats

Allegiance discussion not belonging in another forum.
Weedman

Post by Weedman »

Is it possible to get these in, or will editing the sounddef cause a fit?
QUOTE Once engaged 13 and a half Dreg Heavy Ints (at the same time) with an IC Int and emerged in a heavy int with 2 mini 3 and 1 mini dis and all foes destroyed
--- QUOTE (spideycw @ Apr 1 2009, 01:53 PM) Definition of wtfpwn: Weedman in an int[/quote]
Lordus Weedicus II•Uses TS but can be difficult to understand due to the fact has never been sober•Expert int whore (without non-standard use of strafe buttons)•Gains skill increase when playing with Aarmstrong or former members of TRA•Expert miner D (ability to aim)•Can be trusted to run your economy•One of the half dozen or so game changers•Average Stacker
Spinoza

Post by Spinoza »

Weedman wrote:QUOTE (Weedman @ Dec 8 2017, 07:34 AM) Is it possible to get these in, or will editing the sounddef cause a fit?
I hate to raise the topic at all, but in principle having any borrowed sounds is not good.
I don't remember what the state of affairs is now... we used to have some things that are maybe under fair use but not sure.
Image Image Image
Mastametz

Post by Mastametz »

Spinoza wrote:QUOTE (Spinoza @ Dec 8 2017, 05:13 AM) I hate to raise the topic at all, but in principle having any borrowed sounds is not good.
I don't remember what the state of affairs is now... we used to have some things that are maybe under fair use but not sure.
There's no reason why someone can't use whatever sound bytes they want locally
There's a new sheriff in town.
Spinoza

Post by Spinoza »

Sheriff Metz wrote:QUOTE (Sheriff Metz @ Dec 9 2017, 01:45 AM) There's no reason why someone can't use whatever sound bytes they want locally
Good point, VC packs are partially local.

I'm not completely sure how the system works, but a VC has three parts:
1. a text message to be displayed.
2. an order code (follow me, attck target etc).
3. a code to play a specific audio file.

If Weed installs a local sound file but no one sends a sound code to play it, it's useless.
So for the audio to be useful, you need to distribute a pack which calls on it.
If you don't include the audio files in the pack, it's pretty useless.
If you allow the distribution to take place on the forums, you're party to what may or may not be IP infringement, or may be fair use or WTF do I know, I'm not sure my country is even signatory to most international IP agreements.

IDC, I got bigger bytes to fry on the artwork plate anyway. :)
Image Image Image
Weedman

Post by Weedman »

its mostly for kicks

and is hilarious when the game is dominated by top gun clips

my question is, will it have any effect on anyone else who does not have it and will it crash my game
QUOTE Once engaged 13 and a half Dreg Heavy Ints (at the same time) with an IC Int and emerged in a heavy int with 2 mini 3 and 1 mini dis and all foes destroyed
--- QUOTE (spideycw @ Apr 1 2009, 01:53 PM) Definition of wtfpwn: Weedman in an int[/quote]
Lordus Weedicus II•Uses TS but can be difficult to understand due to the fact has never been sober•Expert int whore (without non-standard use of strafe buttons)•Gains skill increase when playing with Aarmstrong or former members of TRA•Expert miner D (ability to aim)•Can be trusted to run your economy•One of the half dozen or so game changers•Average Stacker
Broodwich

Post by Broodwich »

you live your life between your legs weed
QUOTE Drizzo: ha ha good old chap
Drizzo: i am a brit
Drizzo: tut tut
Drizzo: wankarrrrrr
Drizzo: i only have sex whilst in the missionary position[/quote] Fas est et ab hoste doceri - Ovid
Weedman

Post by Weedman »

bwahahaha

pattybenjamin?????