HOWTO: Run a local server

Questions / Announcements area for beta tests of Allegiance's future updates.
MagisterXF94

Post by MagisterXF94 »

Instructions by BT
QUOTE Get SteamCMD from: https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/client/ ... eamcmd.zip
Unzip it to C:\Steam
run c:\Steam\SteamCMD
Run these steamCMDs from inside SteamCMD:
login anonymous
force_install_dir c:\Allegiance\Server
app_update 730810

Go to C:\Allegiance\Server
Follow instructions in the readme.

The batch files are looking for files in these paths, so it would be easiest not to modify them.[/quote]
QUOTE ^cashto@Elem (all): yeah, i imagine if you're rusty, you could build op short for no reason, build a naked ref, then go two techpaths even though your mining is by all objective standards $#@!ed[/quote]
LoB

Post by LoB »

Hey, I am trying this at home. From the readme, I gathered that I need to reconfigure the CfgFile registry key to point to http://allegiance.zaphop.com/allegiance-local.txt instead of the default one. I tried this, and it works for the lobby/server sided setting - but the client setting resets for every start - resulting in just connecting to the online lobby instead of my local one. Any ideas?
MagisterXF94

Post by MagisterXF94 »

can you post your config file?
QUOTE ^cashto@Elem (all): yeah, i imagine if you're rusty, you could build op short for no reason, build a naked ref, then go two techpaths even though your mining is by all objective standards $#@!ed[/quote]
LoB

Post by LoB »

Hey @Senor NoirSoil, thanks for replying. This will take a while, since I work and commute long hours. To speed this up, could you tell me which config file exactly you mean, and from which program (client, Server or lobby)?

To be clear: I'm trying to run everything in the same machine. Server and lobby are vanilla, just installed from SteamCmd. And what I experience is the registry from the game client resetting in each start, thus not accepting the local lobby.
Papsmear

Post by Papsmear »

You could probably get quicker help if you posted this on Discord in the Allegiance channel.
ImageImage