PCore013

Discussion / Announcement area for PCore development.
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

Here's the changelog, lots of things added here so hold on to your hats!

BELTERS:

Sidethrusts normalized. All except fig and int and SF are now .75/.75 (1/1), fig is .85/.85, SF is .5/.75, and int remains 1/1. Lessens their backthrusting bull@#(!.

DRACONIUM:

New models! New Drac int, new Drac fig, new Drac scout, new Drac SF, and new Drac bomber! Along with that there were some tweaks to the sizing. They've been made a little bigger than they were previously and QUITE pretty. TA really outdid himself on this one.

Speed to 1.05 (1.0)-

My main problem with drac was their hitboxes. That's been fixed. We revert their speed as a result.

Adv cons relay lead indicator -

PUSH THOSE CONS BOYS! This was too funny to not add.

TAC:

DM 10 to 1.1 vs util (1.0) -
DM 01 to 1.0 vs shields (.75) -
Util 1 to 4.8 dam/shot (4.6) -

So these three changes address something minor that I've wanted to stop for a while now. Util 2 historically outdamaged nan2 which lead to a really annoying set of plays where it was required to have N scouts per miner where N is the number of SFs. It should now be possible to outnan util2, meaning three SFs beats an int and a scout. This also makes nanning miners and cons more effective and anyone who bitches about nanning being a bit better simply doesn't understand how awesome nanning should be. The fun of the game is shooting nans! STFN! Util damage against shields and Util 1 were also buffed slightly to lesson how bad it feels to a) suddenly have a miner show up in your face as you're traveling to kill them and b) how bad it felt to use util 1 in general.

Expansion:

PP2 scan range to 3000(5000)-

TBH I meant to do this when increasing PP's lifespan. Self explanatory: ints need help staying on target, not finding targets in the middle of nowhere forever.

SUP:

Adv, Enh, Basic fig fuel to 15 (14,12,10)-

I was playing TF the other day and noticed their figs had an almost impossible time catching up with enh miners. That just felt hella weird, as did the fact that early game figs are just sunk when it comes to chasing down SR scouts. Rather than make these ships *faster,* I decided to make them boost *longer.* I'll monitor the adv fig with heavy boost thing, but a 7% increase in fuel didn't seem to merit a 7% increase in consumption rate.

General Crap:

Int speed up to 100, Lt Int Speed up to 90, Hvy Int speed up to 110 (80/75/90)-
Fig speed up 20% (120/132), enh, adv up (156/169) 30% -
Scout, adv, hvy speed up 30% -
SF, adv speed up 20% -
Con, Enh, Adv speed to 80/100/120 (60/80/100)-

Hey look at that, I sped up the game! The scout speed buff may have been a bit much and that might come down a hair, but overall I want the game to progress faster! Now your opening cons plant more quickly, your ints get to sectors more quickly, your figs get to sectors more quickly, yadda yadda. NOTICE; however, that bombers and HTTs still go at the same speed. Rams are comparably more effective than before, and I figured that'd be enough of a buff to those ships without actually turning up their speed numbers. Get those ram trains out!

Scout scan to 2800 (2400) -

This will have a threefold effect: first, it'll make sup more effective against tac, which is a good thing. Second, it'll make deprobing easier which will make attacking easier which is a good thing. Third, it'll make finding alephs easier which will make scouting faster, which is a good thing.

Hvy scouts mount mini-AC, lxy mount full AC. -

There, Terran.

pod lifespan to 3 minutes (5)-
pod speed to 80 (60) -

I see no reason for pod lifetime to be 5 minutes. You could easily go off plane and PK yourself in that amount of time if you weren't worried about your KB. Instead, your pods go a little faster and two whole minutes are shaved off your dead time.
Don't find fault, find a remedy; anybody can complain.
Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Apr 1 2009, 09:35 PM) But I don't read the forums I only post.
Terran

Post by Terran »

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay
JimmyNighthawk wrote:QUOTE (JimmyNighthawk @ Jun 30 2013, 11:32 PM) "Bavarian Sausage Anti-Ketchup Soap"[*]
Vortrog

Post by Vortrog »

Scan range....why? You talk about making scouts more relevant in nanning and then remove their importance in an int ball. Dont make ints more self sufficient, make a scouts scan range more.
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

Try running that by me again. What do you think I've done to scout scan range, and how does that affect int anything?
Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Apr 1 2009, 09:35 PM) But I don't read the forums I only post.
cashto

Post by cashto »

That speed boost is going to change a lot about the game and is bound to have at least a few unanticipated consequences.

Are PCore version numbers like linux kernel version numbers used to be (odd releases have lots of crazy stuff added, even numbers is where it all gets stabilized?)
Globemaster_III wrote:QUOTE (Globemaster_III @ Jan 11 2018, 11:27 PM) as you know i think very little of cashto, cashto alway a flying low pilot, he alway flying a trainer airplane and he rented
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

Yes.

BTW you are aware there's a ship called the GFY Cashto, right? :D

Also I expect there are going to be a lot of things for me to iron out on this particular balance patch. But here's the attempt to make the game faster in as least-ham-fisted way as I can manage.
Last edited by zombywoof on Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vortrog

Post by Vortrog »

Perking pps has an indirect result which is scouts are even more dead.
Dont perk pps any more.Ints are supposed to be blind. Encourage use of scouts for this function, dont reduce their importance. Increasing pp scan range on an already longer activation time is doing that. It also means its sooo $#@!ing much easier to decamp an aleph and find proxing scouts or even sneaky scouts in sector.
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

PPs got nerfed.
cashto

Post by cashto »

Vortrog wrote:QUOTE (Vortrog @ Oct 13 2017, 06:59 PM) Perking pps has an indirect result which is scouts are even more dead.
Dont perk pps any more.Ints are supposed to be blind. Encourage use of scouts for this function, dont reduce their importance. Increasing pp scan range on an already longer activation time is doing that. It also means its sooo $#@!ing much easier to decamp an aleph and find proxing scouts or even sneaky scouts in sector.
He didn't perk pp2 scan range, he nerfed it. Basically, pps are useless for finding SBs that have made it into sector undetected, and they are all about helping ints kill SFs. I think that's the right move.
Globemaster_III wrote:QUOTE (Globemaster_III @ Jan 11 2018, 11:27 PM) as you know i think very little of cashto, cashto alway a flying low pilot, he alway flying a trainer airplane and he rented
Vortrog

Post by Vortrog »

Please accept my apology then. Totally missed that. I get the dumbass of the month award
Last edited by Vortrog on Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.