Crashing when in same sector as a con finishes building

A place to post suggestions for new features, new bugs, and comments about the existing code.
Drizzo

Post by Drizzo »

See title. I don't think it's a missing asset but what do I know.
cashto wrote:QUOTE (cashto @ Oct 16 2010, 02:48 AM) Interceptors are fun because without one, Drizzo would be physically incapable of entering a sector.
MagisterXF94

Post by MagisterXF94 »

Can you lay out steps to reproduce?
QUOTE ^cashto@Elem (all): yeah, i imagine if you're rusty, you could build op short for no reason, build a naked ref, then go two techpaths even though your mining is by all objective standards $#@!ed[/quote]
Drizzo

Post by Drizzo »

Be in a sector while a constructor finishes construction.
Observe your desktop.

So far has happened as Rix, Omicron, and IC. Was in a scout. For Rix I think I was in a fig. Was able to get it to happen on brawl with a basic refinery con.
cashto wrote:QUOTE (cashto @ Oct 16 2010, 02:48 AM) Interceptors are fun because without one, Drizzo would be physically incapable of entering a sector.
MagisterXF94

Post by MagisterXF94 »

thank you, i'll setup a bug report
QUOTE ^cashto@Elem (all): yeah, i imagine if you're rusty, you could build op short for no reason, build a naked ref, then go two techpaths even though your mining is by all objective standards $#@!ed[/quote]
BackTrak

Post by BackTrak »

Drizzo, if you have any .mdmp or .dmp files in this directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Allegiance, could you PM them to me on Discord:

https://discord.gg/JfTMzPd

Also, try to re-verify your files by right clicking on the game in the steam app. then properties, local files, then Reverify Game Files.
ImageImage
Drizzo

Post by Drizzo »

No dump file was created. Doesn't happen when I command. Only when I am in a ship.

Integrity check was done(one of the first things I did) still crashes
Last edited by Drizzo on Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Drizzo

Post by Drizzo »

Looks like the problem isn't contained to being in the same sector.

I just had a CTD while flying in another sector.

AFAIK I'm not the only one with this issue. ~3 other people dropped out of the game I was in at the same time.
Wasp

Post by Wasp »

Drizzo,

Can you check for a dump file again?... that crash should have been fixed and I'm curious if you've found another issue. Also, can you test for the bug by being in the sector where a con builds?

Thanks
Last edited by Wasp on Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drizzo

Post by Drizzo »

No crashes so far in personal testing post update.

Only tested with BIOS though.

Still no dump file generated in my install folder
Wasp

Post by Wasp »

Lyko also reports no crashing either.

Thanks for your help.