PCore12

Discussion / Announcement area for PCore development.
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

Hey guys! It's almost time for the steam release so I decided to make some balance changes I've been toying around with for a while. Expect the new core up soon!

Sniper 1/2 active sig to 50% (30%).

Tac is phenomenally irritating to play against at times. It's very easy for SFs to stay hidden while shooting at you which makes the "Chase the blinking dot" game annoying. Worse, Sup doesn't really have any tools to deal with that except for firing blindly in a direction. This revert to the old values should make it so that you can fire at scouts without being seen by them... but only if you do it right. Otherwise you'll get seen and blown by the bbr's guns.

Pulse Probe 1 lifetime to 5s (4s), PP2 lifetime to 7s (5s).

Following in the previous vein, it is often the case that ints have enough pp to get them pointed in the right direction on an SF and then one more to move in that direction. Giving another second or two can make the counterplay between tac and exp less toxic.

Hvy scout scan range to 3400 (3000).

Right now there's not much of a reason to go from adv to hvy scouts. Giving hvy scouts a touch more scan range should help make it feel more like you're going from basic to enhanced to "advanced" tech.

GT:

MRR Lightning 1 damage tweaked from 120->100, MRR Lightning 2 damage tweaked from 150->120.

PTs are frankly ludicrous. Yes, it takes skill to use them, but ships that powerful should not exist regardless of the skillcap. Terran and Dome in particular are capable of whoring down a couple of hvy ints with their PT bbr... and then kill the base after. This is just not acceptable gameplay. Rather than ban Terran and Dome from playing GT, I've decided to tone down the damage. I am likely to later on require additional tech for PTs since any ship with the word "bomber" in it shouldn't ever be considered a front-line fighting ship unless it takes a crap-ton of research to get to.

Draconium:

Ship speed to 1.00 (1.05) Ship accel to 1.00 (1.1).

I love TA to death and his faction idea of low damage was interesting, but Drac's proven to be difficult to stop in the lategame. Part of that is their ships are tough as nails, but a HUGE part of that is their ints frankly absurd hitboxes coupled with an acceleration perk. It's really not necessary for a faction to have incredible hitboxes AND an acceleration perk AND a speed perk.
Don't find fault, find a remedy; anybody can complain.
Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Apr 1 2009, 09:35 PM) But I don't read the forums I only post.
Terran

Post by Terran »

uhhhhhhh

can't you just fix the drac hit boxes instead?

also while i do appreciate the hvy scouts being slightly more useful... i was promised a mini-ac gunner like the olden days :P
JimmyNighthawk wrote:QUOTE (JimmyNighthawk @ Jun 30 2013, 11:32 PM) "Bavarian Sausage Anti-Ketchup Soap"[*]
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

I cannot fix the drac hitboxes since I'm not a modeler. If you're volunteering...
Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Apr 1 2009, 09:35 PM) But I don't read the forums I only post.
Papsmear

Post by Papsmear »

Thought for the future.
If we get a large influx of new players and they stick around, please consider giving pulse probes back to scouts.
30 v 30 games of exp v tac with no PPs to hunt SBs, this puts the exp team at a major disadvantage.
ImageImage
cashto

Post by cashto »

No, Paps. First off, pp1 is 3k scan range, if memory serves -- which is the same as adv/heavy scout range anyways, and not a huge improvement over the 2.4k range of the basic scout.

But secondly, if you're wandering around a sector looking for SBs, you're doing it wrong. Effective tac defense means camping, proxing, and caltropping alephs. A smart scout pilot can singlehandedly lock down an aleph, at least against an unorganized team (and face it, most SB runs are pretty unorganized). In fact, many an SB has died to a noob scout who just happened to be flying around some random aleph at the same time the SB is trying to sneak in. Try dodging 30 noob scouts in a game some time. Trust me, scouts don't need help against SBs.
Globemaster_III wrote:QUOTE (Globemaster_III @ Jan 11 2018, 11:27 PM) as you know i think very little of cashto, cashto alway a flying low pilot, he alway flying a trainer airplane and he rented
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

If I were to give PPs back to scouts it is likely I would have to make them utterly useless for INTs.
vogue

Post by vogue »

I think we've missed the forest behind the trees here folks. When are rix heavy scouts getting their AC back?
phoenix1 wrote:QUOTE (phoenix1 @ May 5 2013, 08:35 PM) Vogue is clearly #1 and commanding against him feels like commanding against Spideycw at times... though he lacks that little bit of "I don't care who's on my team or what the factions are, it's going to be a stomp anyways" that Spidey managed to pull off in his heyday.
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

They mount miniAC already, so `ro?
Terran

Post by Terran »

vogue wrote:QUOTE (vogue @ Sep 13 2017, 02:10 PM) I think we've missed the forest behind the trees here folks. When are rix heavy scouts getting their AC back?
while i appreciate the hvy scout support, i am still waiting for a response to my earlier inquiry regarding regular hvy scout mini ac turrent mounts.
JimmyNighthawk wrote:QUOTE (JimmyNighthawk @ Jun 30 2013, 11:32 PM) "Bavarian Sausage Anti-Ketchup Soap"[*]
Terran

Post by Terran »

phoenix1 wrote:QUOTE (phoenix1 @ Sep 13 2017, 12:28 AM) I cannot fix the drac hitboxes since I'm not a modeler. If you're volunteering...
the dude that literally created them is still around and plays...