Test the Allegiance steam release!

Questions / Announcements area for beta tests of Allegiance's future updates.
MagisterXF94

Post by MagisterXF94 »

Hey folks!

We are on the final stretch, and we need people to take our steam release, for a spin before we launch it for public consumption.

WHEN

This Sunday 9/3 and on Sunday 10/9

WHAT ARE WE TESTING

The Allegiance steam client

We are looking for stability issues, and we will also be looking for any reappearance of old bugs, especially dreg gunship related ones.

Overall you people just need to play it, and keep a lookout for bugs.

Interested? send me a pm and ill forward you a key
I have about 30 keys :)

I really would appreciate all of the testers congregating on discord in a voice chat room when it's time to test.
Last edited by MagisterXF94 on Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
QUOTE ^cashto@Elem (all): yeah, i imagine if you're rusty, you could build op short for no reason, build a naked ref, then go two techpaths even though your mining is by all objective standards $#@!ed[/quote]
lexaal

Post by lexaal »

Do we need to uninstall?
I have a johnson photo in my profile since 2010.
Wasp

Post by Wasp »

lexaal wrote:QUOTE (lexaal @ Aug 30 2017, 03:15 PM) Do we need to uninstall?
NO!
Sycrus

Post by Sycrus »

10/9 or 9/10?
NakPPI@XT wrote:QUOTE (NakPPI@XT @ Oct 7 2008, 03:50 PM) I didn't log in to allegiance to be taunted by some keyboard warrior that gets off by bragging about the size of his nuts in a 10 year old video game
Papsmear

Post by Papsmear »

This Sunday & next Sunday.
ImageImage
beeman

Post by beeman »

I'm confused...when you say you don't need to uninstall, I am assuming you will install from STEAM - so will the STEAM install be in a different location? I'm not a developer, but it wouldn't make sense to test code unless it is downloaded and installed from STEAM. Sorry, I'm not the brightest bulb - I don't currently have Allegiance installed and would like to help test - but was hoping to install from Steam.
"What if, star sailor, I were to come over your house and punch you in the $#@!ing face?!
Will that finally get you to shut the hell up?!?" -- neotoxin
MagisterXF94

Post by MagisterXF94 »

fishbone wrote:QUOTE (fishbone @ Aug 30 2017, 11:40 PM) I'm confused...when you say you don't need to uninstall, I am assuming you will install from STEAM - so will the STEAM install be in a different location? I'm not a developer, but it wouldn't make sense to test code unless it is downloaded and installed from STEAM. Sorry, I'm not the brightest bulb - I don't currently have Allegiance installed and would like to help test - but was hoping to install from Steam.
the steam install will be in the steam directory.
QUOTE ^cashto@Elem (all): yeah, i imagine if you're rusty, you could build op short for no reason, build a naked ref, then go two techpaths even though your mining is by all objective standards $#@!ed[/quote]
Wasp

Post by Wasp »

PhalseProfit wrote:QUOTE (PhalseProfit @ Aug 30 2017, 05:19 PM) 10/9 or 9/10?
YES!
Archangelus

Post by Archangelus »

PhalseProfit wrote:QUOTE (PhalseProfit @ Aug 30 2017, 06:19 PM) 10/9 or 9/10?
I believe he meant 3rd of september and 10th of september. Clearer now?
pkk wrote:QUOTE (pkk @ Jul 18 2014, 06:08 AM) Seems like some people forget, that they're guest here and their status can be removed any time.
Wasp

Post by Wasp »

Archangelus wrote:QUOTE (Archangelus @ Aug 31 2017, 12:24 AM) I believe he meant 3rd of september and 10th of september. Clearer now?
duh...

He'll be playing every sunday anyway, so pointing out two of them, is....pointless. :ninja: