The Aarmstrong Collection

Tactical advice, How-to, Post-mortem, etc.
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

So tonight, after getting high and rifftracking a Dome game a few days ago, I decided to get high and rifftrack one of my own games. I chose my first commanded squadgame ever, Phoenix1 v JBourne (if someone better at using searches than I am finds me the link to the recap thread if there is one, I shall link it to this post):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjyIigc ... svYP4sLzNT

This is from the old days when you could only load like 10 minute videos to youtube, so it's a collection of 13 five minute long videos... of which I can't find the first one. Here's a rifftrax "liveblog" of how @#(!ty I am at commanding:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1O39 ... sp=sharing

Overall, that game was about twice as long as it really needed to be and entirely because I'm a terrible commander. Dome, I see why you left the squad. Christ.

Anyways, finding that game brought me to a certain channel where I found this little playlist:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhJ2gjyO8Qc

So Aarmstrong always recorded his games (BEFORE it was cool) and in February of this year apparently decided to upload them all to a youtube channel with a single playlist. That's right. We have FULL SQUAD GAMES from Aarmstrong's point of view... 30 of them. Some of the highest-skill games in Allegiance history with PK vs SysX and PK vs XT. I can't wait to delve in and see what's up.

(P.S. Aarmstrong gets credit for his commanding but rarely for his int flying. I can't imagine what a pair of ints like Weedman and Aarmstrong were like to face when they were next to each other in a PUG, but I for one would have found some other miner to attack/defend.)
Don't find fault, find a remedy; anybody can complain.
Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Apr 1 2009, 09:35 PM) But I don't read the forums I only post.
Deathrender

Post by Deathrender »

Have to download these. I have four night shifts coming up to go over them.

Thanks for posting this.
phoenix1 wrote:QUOTE (phoenix1 @ Jul 22 2017, 05:58 PM) Mini ac gunner mount was removed because somewhere along the lines we had a core dev that said, "I really hate Terran and want him to be miserable." And all core devs ever since have agreed.
Drizzo

Post by Drizzo »

Lol I wonder if I can spy the infamous drizzo@pk in these vids
cashto wrote:QUOTE (cashto @ Oct 16 2010, 02:48 AM) Interceptors are fun because without one, Drizzo would be physically incapable of entering a sector.
neotoxin

Post by neotoxin »

Drizzo wrote:QUOTE (Drizzo @ Aug 6 2017, 04:21 AM) Lol I wonder if I can spy the infamous drizzo@pk in these vids
Away! Away with your deceptive into skills!
QUOTE neotoxin@SF (all): i'm too tired of commanding right now
neotoxin@SF (all): i just want to fly ... and face$#@! brood
^Broodwich@SysX (all): ewwww
^Broodwich@SysX (all): that stuff has gotten me into trouble too much[/quote]
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

Drizzo wrote:QUOTE (Drizzo @ Aug 6 2017, 02:21 AM) Lol I wonder if I can spy the infamous drizzo@pk in these vids
Nope, they only go back to fall 2008.
Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Apr 1 2009, 09:35 PM) But I don't read the forums I only post.
FIZ

Post by FIZ »

Iron cross targeting reticle... I remember that!
Thallium

Post by Thallium »

Watching his play is amazing, a great commander and a great pilot. Watching him fly that belters heavy scout with a turret, beautiful.
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

https://youtu.be/fY5-2C0ixMo?list=PLnXJ ... zNT&t=1233

God what a perfect moment to show the importance of ramming correctly. Scout ramtrain on RadarRider gets his bbr 2k ahead of mine (fig rammer, not holding forward thrust....) despite us ripping in at the same time. Can someone clip that so we can make a CDT training thing out of it?
beeman

Post by beeman »

Wow! Aarmstrong is amazing.
"What if, star sailor, I were to come over your house and punch you in the $#@!ing face?!
Will that finally get you to shut the hell up?!?" -- neotoxin
Clay_Pigeon

Post by Clay_Pigeon »

Thanks for posting these. It was fun to see some old names flying around in pods.
"Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." -2 Cor 12:9
"Never know how long I've waited, anticipated your smile pressed against mine." -Running