back to working on Alleg

A place to post suggestions for new features, new bugs, and comments about the existing code.
Papsmear

Post by Papsmear »

Please keep us posted.
ImageImage
beeman

Post by beeman »

I'm not a developer, but I am interested in what is going on without bothering you guys. I was wondering if all the high resolution stuff posted on Mesial's website was ever incorporated as part of a build. Also, I saw something about screen resolution and saw another post where someone wanted a 1280 X 720 option. Easy enough to do in the registry if you read the wiki, but was wondering if this is what was meant, I saw a post on the lobby resolution, or is this some other issue? Like I said, just interested. Please don't flame me. :unsure:
"What if, star sailor, I were to come over your house and punch you in the $#@!ing face?!
Will that finally get you to shut the hell up?!?" -- neotoxin
KGJV

Post by KGJV »

fishbone wrote:QUOTE (fishbone @ Jul 29 2017, 04:13 AM) I'm not a developer, but I am interested in what is going on without bothering you guys. I was wondering if all the high resolution stuff posted on Mesial's website was ever incorporated as part of a build. Also, I saw something about screen resolution and saw another post where someone wanted a 1280 X 720 option. Easy enough to do in the registry if you read the wiki, but was wondering if this is what was meant, I saw a post on the lobby resolution, or is this some other issue? Like I said, just interested. Please don't flame me. :unsure:
The 'screen resolution' issue I mentioned here isn't related to what you mention. it's another issue (#226).
KGJV

Post by KGJV »

small update.

I'm swamped at work + moving. I hope to achieve more productivity later this month.

I've tried to rebase my code on the community code but I've already made too many drastic changes. It's huge work to do...

I still don't understand the rational of basing the community code on AZ/R8. I really hope it's not something BT will regret later on but I'm afraid he will. Oh well it's too late now.
Last edited by KGJV on Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BackTrak

Post by BackTrak »

Hi Kage,

Looking over your window size branch, it looks like your fix is centered over just the changes checked in on and after 5/20, which look pretty light. If I grab just those, will it work, and be stable?

https://github.com/kgersen/Allegiance/c ... ndows-size

I understand it's not the cleanest form, should I wait until you get a chance to clean it up first?

Thanks,
-BT
ImageImage
KGJV

Post by KGJV »

it's not tested and not finished.
I can't work on this before end of the month at best.
so that's up to you.

iirc the size initialization was missing so it always start at 800x600 (it should init with combatXsize/combatYsize from reg. ideally there should be only one size now so maybe rename these keys too).
Last edited by KGJV on Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KGJV

Post by KGJV »

iirc you'll get everything in this commit : https://github.com/kgersen/Allegiance/c ... b9ca3295f7 which merge the 'windows-size' branch in to my master.
Last edited by KGJV on Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KGJV

Post by KGJV »

some news:

I've been a bit MIA the past couple months because I had some health issues affecting my sight (I had a vitrectomy on one eye and a cryopexy on the other .. sigh). I'm currently recovering but can barely read more than a few minutes then I have to rest my eyes. So coding is out of the picture for now. If there is no complication I should recover fully in approx 3 months. Meanwhile it will be progressive so I might do some light stuff if I can.

I'll keep you posted here.
Zapper

Post by Zapper »

KGJV wrote:QUOTE (KGJV @ Nov 7 2017, 10:28 PM) some news:

I've been a bit MIA the past couple months because I had some health issues affecting my sight (I had a vitrectomy on one eye and a cryopexy on the other .. sigh). I'm currently recovering but can barely read more than a few minutes then I have to rest my eyes. So coding is out of the picture for now. If there is no complication I should recover fully in approx 3 months. Meanwhile it will be progressive so I might do some light stuff if I can.

I'll keep you posted here.
Just take it easy.. dont strain your self before you are fully recovered.
Guess it time to listen to alot of audio books :D
Take care.
Z
Last edited by Zapper on Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life suck's and then u play Alleg.
-.. ..- -.- . -. ..- -.- . .----. . -- .. ... - .... . --. .-. . .- - . ... -
Imago

Post by Imago »

hey im snowden today got some free time today for about 15 minutes, just ignore this

These bugs haven't been fixed yet because don't have any developers interested in fixing them up. --Tigereye
Imago's stupid-sensor is supersensitive. --RealPandemonium
The art is managing the flow of the drama to achieve the desired results. --Big_Beta_Tester
joeld wrote:But we’ve been amazed at the level to which some of the Allegiance fans have remained hard-core.