Ripping to Drac Constructor Build Spheres

Discussion / Announcement area for PCore development.
Vortrog

Post by Vortrog »

This is a tiny issue, but annoying if its a tight game.

Once a Drac Enh constructor goes into a rock and the 'super shield' build sphere goes up, fighters and scouts can still rip in until after the build sphere is gone.

In smaller games this means the new base is an indestructable Teleport until the build sphere is gone.

Can this be fixed or will it remain an unintended exploit?
MagisterXF94

Post by MagisterXF94 »

Send p1 a pm
QUOTE ^cashto@Elem (all): yeah, i imagine if you're rusty, you could build op short for no reason, build a naked ref, then go two techpaths even though your mining is by all objective standards $#@!ed[/quote]
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

Vortrog wrote:QUOTE (Vortrog @ Mar 8 2017, 03:00 AM) This is a tiny issue, but annoying if its a tight game.

Once a Drac Enh constructor goes into a rock and the 'super shield' build sphere goes up, fighters and scouts can still rip in until after the build sphere is gone.

In smaller games this means the new base is an indestructable Teleport until the build sphere is gone.

Can this be fixed or will it remain an unintended exploit?
First things first: there's no real "super shield." AFAIK which is pretty much everything the asteroid itself is vulnurable to fire while the build sphere is going, and that damage carries over to the base. So you know, seismic that @#(!.

More importantly; however, I don't really see this as... an exploit. You can rip in scouts. I'm sure P32 and his crew can find some way to cheese ripping in a bunch of scouts into a pile of ints, but it feels so super low impact that I probably won't look at it. Drac's pretty damn strong, but on the list of things that make Draconium strong this one rates down between "I can't ever figure out where the $#@! the red door on their sup is" and "their ints and figs have the Alaskan flag on their bellies."

For the sake of completeness: when you rip in, are you free to fly around or are you stuck in the build sphere?
Don't find fault, find a remedy; anybody can complain.
Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Apr 1 2009, 09:35 PM) But I don't read the forums I only post.
ryujin

Post by ryujin »

I'm pretty sure i ripped a fig in right as the con went into the rock. I was free of the sphere and free to pod him.
*#$@faced $#@!tard Troll
Vortrog

Post by Vortrog »

Thanks Ryu for the clarification.

From my first person point of view, Im sitting in a Heavy bomber wit ab1 flying at a Drac Exp build sphere at 2k. I have time to wait for it to finish building as in my mind, nothing can rip in as it is no longer a constructor, and even when it finishes I am in range and it is going to take time for Ryu to launch, orientate and put enough damage on me before I get my 4 Ab1 away.

Instead, a fighter pops up out of the build spehere....but no base....and while it finishes of constructing, I lose all my shield and 75% hull before I can do any damage. I am dead before my 3rd effective AB1 is loaded and wondering wtf a ship can rip to a build spehere yet I can damage either the con inside OR the base it will become.

anyway, I dont think this is going to get changed. But have noted it for future as it is a very minor in opportunity but massive in effect strat.
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

Sounds like I should do some testing just for fun!

Still though, I don't see this being a particularly troublesome strategy for a pair of reasons:

1) Drac commanders who go sup have an alarming tendency to get bootinied

2) You could only ever rip one or two figs to the con, so it's not a strategy that could get out of hand in larger games.
Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Apr 1 2009, 09:35 PM) But I don't read the forums I only post.
Terran

Post by Terran »

I remember going GT sup against Drac sup, and it was glorious
JimmyNighthawk wrote:QUOTE (JimmyNighthawk @ Jun 30 2013, 11:32 PM) "Bavarian Sausage Anti-Ketchup Soap"[*]
Shizoku

Post by Shizoku »

Aren't you just the life of parties.
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

I certainly enjoy not flying for him when he picks GT :P
Last edited by zombywoof on Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Terran

Post by Terran »

Dude I had mad kill count that game. It really was a whorefest :P
JimmyNighthawk wrote:QUOTE (JimmyNighthawk @ Jun 30 2013, 11:32 PM) "Bavarian Sausage Anti-Ketchup Soap"[*]