PCore011 Proposed Changes

Discussion / Announcement area for PCore development.
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

Proposed Changes:

All Interceptors That Aren't Belters:
Thrust to 300 (350)
Fuel to 13 (15)

-- Weed decided that the thrust of ints needed to go up to shorten the effective range of interceptors. This had the side effect of making it so that interceptors with accel GAs became very, very difficult to hit. I'm reverting this change with a touch to the fuel. This should alleviate the problems people are reporting with TF ints (the nerf will, overall, be more than their slight accel perk) while also rendering all ints more reasonable to hit for people with bad pings.

TF:
Scout size increased 25%.

-- TF scouts are currently dominating games and something needs to be done about that. As far as I can tell the biggest problem with TF scouts is that while they should be losing 1v1s against figs, their small size is allowing them to easily win those matchups. I'm aware that their scouts aren't actually smaller than some of the other scouts in the game (Drac scouts in particular are tiny spheres), but what sets TF scouts apart is the fact that they have 2 gats which represents a 100% bonus in firepower. Teamwork and a pack of TF scouts should still be very dangerous on miner offense, but hopefully we'll see less of the "one scout flies to sector, pods all d, kills miner, flies away" crap that's been going on recently.

Phoenix:
Missile damage to 1.0 (was .95)

Phoenix is coming into its own as a sup faction and I'd like to push that a little more.

Rix:

SR Scout mass to 60 (was 40)

Rix is similarly dominant to TF at the moment and a big part of that is how difficult it is for fig factions to chase down SR scouts. This change will reward more careful steering but punish people who get caught out. It'll also make it harder for SR scouts to pop into visual range and then end up right on the miner immediately. This change is ONLY for basic SR scouts, all other scouts are unchanged. Yes, Terran, you can still durdle with your hvy scouts.

Complaints, comments, make 'em below.
Last edited by zombywoof on Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't find fault, find a remedy; anybody can complain.
Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Apr 1 2009, 09:35 PM) But I don't read the forums I only post.
Terran

Post by Terran »

*durdle*
JimmyNighthawk wrote:QUOTE (JimmyNighthawk @ Jun 30 2013, 11:32 PM) "Bavarian Sausage Anti-Ketchup Soap"[*]
Deathrender

Post by Deathrender »

So is this a buff for belters exp?

I'm so glad that you thought of me when working to shift the meta, P1.
phoenix1 wrote:QUOTE (phoenix1 @ Jul 22 2017, 05:58 PM) Mini ac gunner mount was removed because somewhere along the lines we had a core dev that said, "I really hate Terran and want him to be miserable." And all core devs ever since have agreed.
raumvogel

Post by raumvogel »

Yes
JimmyNighthawk

Post by JimmyNighthawk »

lower int's gun range plz<3 and not "Weed decided that the thrust of ints needed to go up to shorten the effective range of interceptors."
Last edited by JimmyNighthawk on Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beschenkt die Starken!
Schröpft die Schwachen,
und die Armen schlagt ans Kreuz!

Wir hängen nicht am Leben,
doch an einem Traum!
Zixzix

Post by Zixzix »

Consider the following:

Introduce miner layer ship, from EoR 6.0a.
Change gat gun particles to the ones from EoR 6.0a.
Introduce Tactical Scout with that pulse drive thingy.
Permamute Jimmy and Terran.
More VCs so we can spam them like kids.
QUOTE 08/28/16 05:14:44: fufi (all): every day a jimmy setting makes your skin wonderful nice
08/29/16 01:04:27: fufi (all): they get creamed with mostion loisture lotion[/quote]
Papsmear

Post by Papsmear »

Hey P1 make this happen.

Thanks
Paps
ImageImage
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

What, zixzix' stuff?
Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Apr 1 2009, 09:35 PM) But I don't read the forums I only post.
Papsmear

Post by Papsmear »

Lately everyone has been playing Belters & Rixian a lot.
Perhaps the other factions need some minor perks?

I barely remember anything from EoR but if there were things in that core that would make gameplay interesting, why not have a look?
ImageImage
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

Belters is weird because honestly I think people are just playing against them wrong. They're strong, but they're not *that* strong.