R8 Beta - Round 3

Questions / Announcements area for beta tests of Allegiance's future updates.
BackTrak

Post by BackTrak »

Ok, I think I've got the last of the blockers out of the way.

The MiniDump entry point error was due to a bad DLL being included in the autoupdate with the core files. Anyone who launched the beta on my last attempt will now have this file stuck in their beta directory:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Allegiance 1.3\Beta\dbghelp.dll

If you get an error: "The procedure entry point MiniDumpWriteDump could not be located ..." then you will need to delete this file from your beta directory.

The time is now! Go forth and download this latest installer:
https://github.com/FreeAllegiance/Alleg ... up_131.zip

Note, this has extra registry settings and goodies inside, so please get the latest one. If you installed the previous version, please uninstall it and then use this version.

Be sure to launch from the link on your desktop! Launching from the directory will send you over to the AZ lobby, as it defaults to AZ if no club lobby is in the config file.

Also, I got rid of that one file pesky update from the Launcher... :P

I also got the club server up and rolling, you'll be able to see the leader board, and mess around with making your own squads and such. Hooray!

Thanks,
-BT
Last edited by BackTrak on Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
MagisterXF94

Post by MagisterXF94 »

OMG <3
QUOTE ^cashto@Elem (all): yeah, i imagine if you're rusty, you could build op short for no reason, build a naked ref, then go two techpaths even though your mining is by all objective standards $#@!ed[/quote]
MagisterXF94

Post by MagisterXF94 »

lol @ my K/D ratio
QUOTE ^cashto@Elem (all): yeah, i imagine if you're rusty, you could build op short for no reason, build a naked ref, then go two techpaths even though your mining is by all objective standards $#@!ed[/quote]
MagisterXF94

Post by MagisterXF94 »

All zone functions seem to work.
I can't join, or connect to a game
LA2_Cajun

Post by LA2_Cajun »

Thanks Backtrack! I'll give this a try ASAP.
BackTrak

Post by BackTrak »

:mad:

Works great... as long as you are on my home subnet. The server is talking to the lobby over my home subnet, which is causing the lobby to relay my internal IP out to the client. I'll need to add a little mojo to it, to get server to connect to the lobby through the outside ip so that the right address comes to you guys.

For now, no games just yet. I'll try to dig more tonight. If you guys don't mind poking around on the zone stuff, make squads, try to join each other's sqauds, etc, at least those functions can be tested out.

Also, the stats data coming back out isn't quite accurate, I think I have some columns flipped. ;)

Thanks,
-BT
Last edited by BackTrak on Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
MagisterXF94

Post by MagisterXF94 »

i-m on it
finisher2

Post by finisher2 »

So...not Mother?
HJ_KG
Location: Plutocracy, USA Occupation: misanthropic anthropologist

Post by HJ_KG »

Don't take the cork off the fork Ruprecht.
unindicted co-conspirator
MagisterXF94

Post by MagisterXF94 »

Report:
I made my own squad, added ASL'S then disbanded it.
The leaderboard is severely broken, not only am I in a higher rank than Drizzo and shiz; but also, Everywhere 116 is ranked higher than p32.

Also metz is listed on the leaderboard
Last edited by MagisterXF94 on Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.