Installer Error "Installer Integrity check has failed."

A place to post suggestions for new features, new bugs, and comments about the existing code.
Waltz

Post by Waltz »

Hey guys,

Played this game a while back and wanted to try and reinstall. However, after downloading the installer from the front page I get an Error telling me "Installer integrity check has failed. Common causes include incomplete download and damaged media. Contact the installer's author to obtain a new copy. More information at http://nsis.st.net/NSIS_Error"

Is this something on my side? I also tried the AllegeSetupX.exe I found searching another post. Neither work for me. I checked the error online and tried to disable the integrity check but it ran it every time anyway.

Has anybody ever received this error before?

Thanks
-W-

Waltz

Post by Waltz »

Searching for other posts on this topic and seems like all I can do is keep trying to download it.
-W-

aem

Post by aem »

Download likely did not finish successfully. You could try downloading from the front page again (file hosted in Germany). Alternatively here is the file hosted on a US server in case that would work better for you: http://freespacecombatgame.com/allegsetup_302.exe
Waltz

Post by Waltz »

AEM wrote:QUOTE (AEM @ May 14 2015, 08:42 PM) Download likely did not finish successfully. You could try downloading from the front page again (file hosted in Germany). Alternatively here is the file hosted on a US server in case that would work better for you: http://freespacecombatgame.com/allegsetup_302.exe
Thanks AEM, your link worked for me after unsuccessfully trying the one hosted in German a few times.

Thanks!
-W-

MagisterXF94

Post by MagisterXF94 »

This is not the first case of installer corruption, from "getsetup alleg.net".
At least three people have reported the same NSIS error, after multiple downloads.
AEM, can you place a backup link which triggers the download from your site?
Last edited by MagisterXF94 on Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
QUOTE ^cashto@Elem (all): yeah, i imagine if you're rusty, you could build op short for no reason, build a naked ref, then go two techpaths even though your mining is by all objective standards $#@!ed[/quote]
aem

Post by aem »

I have finally set up my own custom CDN (content delivery network). I have servers hosting the installer in the following regions: US-East, US-West, Europe (UK), Asia (Singapore). http://download.allegiancegame.com/allegsetup_302.exe will usually download from the server you have to lowest latency to. It is not perfect and occasionally it will not use the closest server. But it should successfully pick the correct server most of the time.

I've just set up the DNS so to be safe I will allow 48 hours for DNS to fully propage. Then I will change the download links on my site to use this and ask pkk to add this to the download rotation system used on freeallegiance.org. It will not exactly be a 'backup link' here, but will alternate between pkk's server and my set of servers.
Last edited by aem on Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MagisterXF94

Post by MagisterXF94 »

Fantastic! Thank you!
QUOTE ^cashto@Elem (all): yeah, i imagine if you're rusty, you could build op short for no reason, build a naked ref, then go two techpaths even though your mining is by all objective standards $#@!ed[/quote]
Imago

Post by Imago »

These bugs haven't been fixed yet because don't have any developers interested in fixing them up. --Tigereye
Imago's stupid-sensor is supersensitive. --RealPandemonium
The art is managing the flow of the drama to achieve the desired results. --Big_Beta_Tester
joeld wrote:But we’ve been amazed at the level to which some of the Allegiance fans have remained hard-core.
Imago

Post by Imago »

These bugs haven't been fixed yet because don't have any developers interested in fixing them up. --Tigereye
Imago's stupid-sensor is supersensitive. --RealPandemonium
The art is managing the flow of the drama to achieve the desired results. --Big_Beta_Tester
joeld wrote:But we’ve been amazed at the level to which some of the Allegiance fans have remained hard-core.