Can we give targeting reticule to noobs up to (8)?

Questions / Announcements area for beta tests of Allegiance's future updates.
Dome

Post by Dome »

Can we give targeting reticule to noobs up to (8)?

I figure that is a significant code change but something that would be worth it, and I'd pay! =)
Deathrender

Post by Deathrender »

Dome wrote:QUOTE (Dome @ Apr 12 2015, 12:27 AM) Can we give targeting reticule to noobs up to (8)?

I figure that is a significant code change but something that would be worth it, and I'd pay! =)
It's a nice sentiment. If it could be elaborated on so that they either hit that rank or clock 70-100 hrs.

Hidernoob accounts would have to be more strictly monitered, though. (P32 :whistle: )

It can't just be a blanket effect of "Give all of these ranks a lead indicator"

There are some vets that are low rank and don't play often, as well. They would get a free pass.
phoenix1 wrote:QUOTE (phoenix1 @ Jul 22 2017, 05:58 PM) Mini ac gunner mount was removed because somewhere along the lines we had a core dev that said, "I really hate Terran and want him to be miserable." And all core devs ever since have agreed.
Dome

Post by Dome »

Deathrender wrote:QUOTE (Deathrender @ Apr 12 2015, 08:07 AM) It's a nice sentiment. If it could be elaborated on so that they either hit that rank or clock 70-100 hrs.

Hidernoob accounts would have to be more strictly monitered, though. (P32 :whistle: )

It can't just be a blanket effect of "Give all of these ranks a lead indicator"

There are some vets that are low rank and don't play often, as well. They would get a free pass.
seems fine to give everyone a free pass. Allegiance lead indicators have been historically not as good as actually watching where your shots are going, but it's a good way to temper the learning curve to the noobs.
Djole88

Post by Djole88 »

Dome wrote:QUOTE (Dome @ Apr 12 2015, 05:27 AM) Can we give targeting reticule to noobs up to (8)?

My price (not negotiable):

4,600,000.00 EUR + tax(es)
50% upfront
Deadline: 30 days from when I receive the advance
raumvogel

Post by raumvogel »

Just tell the newbs to see if the sparks are coming off the enemy...then you know you're hitting. :o :lol:
Dome

Post by Dome »

Djole88 wrote:QUOTE (Djole88 @ Apr 12 2015, 12:14 PM) My price (not negotiable):

4,600,000.00 EUR + tax(es)
50% upfront
Deadline: 30 days from when I receive the advance
check's in the mail :mrtank:
minigun

Post by minigun »

Wouldn't giving everyone lead indicators help with the stacking issues?
Argument would be you just dumb downed allegiance, no skill required.
I think the magic of allegiance isn't in the dog fighting, it's everything else.
After 15 years i still don't know the speed of all the ammo, and mapping the thrusting up,down,sideways,
pitching to avoid someones bullets. guess that's my fault but not the fault of a new player.
Cry,'Havoc!' and let slip the dogs of war -Julius Ceasar
Deathrender

Post by Deathrender »

We would have to do a test run of this.
phoenix1 wrote:QUOTE (phoenix1 @ Jul 22 2017, 05:58 PM) Mini ac gunner mount was removed because somewhere along the lines we had a core dev that said, "I really hate Terran and want him to be miserable." And all core devs ever since have agreed.
ChaoticStorm

Post by ChaoticStorm »

Deathrender wrote:QUOTE (Deathrender @ Apr 16 2015, 08:10 PM) We would have to do a test run of this.
DN TF did have lead on every ship iirc, anyone recall those days well enough to comment?
Shizoku

Post by Shizoku »

iirc it was taken out pretty early. TF didn't exactly start it's life as a faction with any nerfs so that may not be the best case study.

edit: woops, meant nerfs not perks - TF was majorly OP when it was initially released. For example: You could kill a hvy int with a snip2 adv sf while remaining cloaked before you ran out of energy.
Last edited by Shizoku on Mon May 04, 2015 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.