PCore010

Discussion / Announcement area for PCore development.
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

The only complaint I've seen is about Belters thrusting. Everything else feels good at the moment. Is that still a major concern?
Don't find fault, find a remedy; anybody can complain.
Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Apr 1 2009, 09:35 PM) But I don't read the forums I only post.
Djole88

Post by Djole88 »

TF accel needs to go back to where it was
Terran

Post by Terran »

everything should go back to the way DN was
JimmyNighthawk wrote:QUOTE (JimmyNighthawk @ Jun 30 2013, 11:32 PM) "Bavarian Sausage Anti-Ketchup Soap"[*]
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

Djole says "TF accell too high," Terran says, "TF accell is perfect." WHO TO BELIEVE
Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Apr 1 2009, 09:35 PM) But I don't read the forums I only post.
Djole88

Post by Djole88 »

phoenix1 wrote:QUOTE (phoenix1 @ Jun 26 2015, 04:07 AM) Djole says "TF accell too high," Terran says, "TF accell is perfect." WHO TO BELIEVE
With the value that's set now if you get accel GAs any thruster input results in a jump.
So please revert to where the previous core value (or 2 cores back, can't remember)
Terran

Post by Terran »

i just want rixian hvy scouts back to the way they used to be

:(
JimmyNighthawk wrote:QUOTE (JimmyNighthawk @ Jun 30 2013, 11:32 PM) "Bavarian Sausage Anti-Ketchup Soap"[*]
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

New release!

Code: Select all

Changelog:

BELTERS:

Bomber fuel to 5 (.5)
Hvy Bbr fuel to 5 (.5)
Med Boost Consumption to .0025 (.0005)

((P032 made a weird design choice with Med Boost... he broke it by accident by giving the bbr non-integer fuel and then instead of going with the typical 5 fuel for bbrs he decided to make Med Boost have incredibly low fuel consumption.  Anyways, Med Boost for belters bbrs works now and the consumption was sliiiightly perked.  Basically the TL/DR of this change is, Med Boost now works, is slightly better than P032 originally envisioned it, but only about half as good as P032 was going to make it.))

SF rear thrust to .75 (1)
SF Base Sig to .75 (.6)
Adv SF rear thrust to .75
Adv SF sig to .75 (.6)

((There was much complaint about the backthrusting capabilities of Belters SFs.  I also noticed that while they have 2x the HP of most other SFs (well, 2.3x thanks to their faction perk) they only have 20% more sig.  This is a little odd because while most Belters ships have the +20% base sig for not having shields and having that HP routed into their hulls, most of these Belters ships aren't straight up doubling their HP.  I was originally going to nerf the SF rear thrust down all the way to .5 (normal is .25, but Belters have weird thrust values and it's kind of a hidden faction perk) but decided instead to nerf their base sig a bit.  You can still do the "hold backthrust and shoot" trick, but you're a little easier to spot for hvy scouts and the like as a result.  Also the backthrust isn't as powerful as it once was.))

DRACONIUM:

Ship hull to 1.05 (1.1).

((While I appreciate the design that went in place for Draconium, the fact that their ship hull modifier was higher than Belters has never sat well with me.  I've learned a lot about design by reading at the feet of Maro and frankly that means the little things bug me like this.  You'll see a similar change to Omicron Hive this release, but basically: don't trample on other faction's design spaces.  Belters become less "belters" when another faction has a higher hull multiplier than they do much in the same way Rix becomes less "Rix" when another faction has higher side-to-side (or up-down) turn rates and/or more damage.  Certain factions have things that make them, well, "them," and while I don't mind borrowing from that to make entirely new factions I *do* mind overshadowing the other factions.  Perfect example: TF is the "other" no-missile faction, but it does so in a way that doesn't overshadow Rix.  GT is the "other" no-ref faction, but does so in a way that doesn't overshadow IC.))

GT:

Mustangs no longer require Starbase

((PT bbrs, almost objectively better vessels by anyone's definition, don't require starbase.  Neither do Guardians.  Stangs actually kinda suck if we're being honest with ourselves, so meh.))

IRON COALITION:

Ship hull to 1 (.95)

((Time has passed this faction by a bit.  They used to be great back when it was 20 v 20 because they were the only faction that could stand up to Sup in the late game.  That's no longer true.  But also this is more for consistency.  Originally "Default" hull was .9 so .95 was a buff, but with GT, TF, and OH getting 1.0 that balance has shifted a bit.  Well, a lot, considering Drac is at 1.1.  In fact, of the 10 other factions, 5 had more hull than IC and 5 had less hull than IC, meaning that while IC was originally supposed to be "tougher than average" (of the original five, Giga had .85, Rix and Bios .9, IC .95, and Belters 1.05) IC has actually ended up being "dead average" in this department.  This "buff" was a long time coming, I just finally pulled the trigger.))

OMICRON HIVE:

Ship hull to .95 (1)

((Much like Drac, but worse.  While Drac took the "king" spot for toughest ships from Belters, OH slowly had its unique stuff taken away and became "IC, but moreso."  Anyways, I'm "righting the ship" a little here and swapping OH and IC's spot on the HP chart as part of a grand campaign to reintroduce IC as a competitor in these smaller gamesizes.  If we do end up at around 1000 actives on the leaderboard instead of our current 80, I'll probably end up revisiting both OH and IC.  In the meantime, IC's biggest reason for play is no longer relevant and as a result OH is basically just "better IC."  A shame, because Weed's original creation was actually pretty damn cool... just over time all the cool bits got stripped out and we were left with what essentially amounts to a monument to Weed's love of IC Exp.))

PHOENIX:

Ship Hull to .85 (.9)
Ship Shield to 1.35 (1.25)
Ship Shield Repair to 1.1 (1)
Missile Track to 1.15 (1)
Station Hull to .85 (.9)
Station Shield to 1.35 (1.25)
Station Shield Repair to 1.1 (1)
Scout, Adv. Scout renamed to LMT MrChaos

((More touches to this faction to make their strengths/weaknesses more clearly defined.  Hopefully I'll find time in the next couple of months to start fiddling with their unique tech and make it useable again.  Anyways, try out their sup!  Even with the weaker missile damage I suspect the shield buffs will make it a bit more fun.  Shields have @#(!ty damage class though so I'm not worried about it being overpowered, though you MAY want to bring a dis for killing miners.))

((MrChaos' loss hurt the community and myself.  His contributions to this game and this community are beyond any sort of tribute I'm equipped to give him, but much like MrC was always around to help mend problems in the community, now he'll be around mending bombers and miners.  RIP MrC, you were one of the greatest people to grace this planet.))

((P.S. it is my policy to not remove people from ships that have already been named for them which is why the hvy scout will remain the Noir.))

TF:

Accel to 1.025 (1.05)

((Stop bitching Djole, I touched it down for you.  The faction's still underpowered.  Future changes to this faction still to come, I still DESPISE the change that makes their opening cons enh, I feel like it encroaches on Giga's design space and also feel like it's the cheap way out.  The faction's weakness is its speed and to subvert that by simply making it faster is bad design.  It's like printing Harmonize in White... or Erase in Red.))

Sup:

Hvy boost rate of consumption to .001 (.00094435)
Hvy Boost Thrust amount to 1250 (1350)

((It's been bothering me how hard it is to catch figs in ints.  I really do appreciate the purpose of hvy boost but it really shouldn't give figs the power to kite an int across the map, just to escape long enough to rip out.  If you let an int get on top of you, you should be in a whole lot of trouble.))

Exp:

AB 1 Thrust amount to 850 (860)
AB 3 rate of consumption to .001 (.001111)

Exp:

AB 1 Thrust amount to 850 (860)
AB 3 rate of consumption to .001 (.001111)
AB 3 Thrust amount to 1050 (1040)

((See above.  AB1 gets touched down for consistency more than anything else.)
After much hemming and hawing by Djole (as well as asking input from Babs), I've decided that y'all are off your rocker. TF sucks, deal with them being a little bit hard to hit ;) But seriously I decided to touch down their accell a bit because accell GA used to be, back in DN days, abjectly bad. Now it's good. Other touches to Belters and Peenix, plus a little bit of stuff regarding some of the numbers I saw. Med boost should now work (at long last!) and I redid the numbers on them a bit. AB 3 got a fair bit of perking, Hvy Boost a bit of nerfing.

Next on my plate:

Either bringing back longtoms and old skool SY (seriously which pretentious schutta got rid of my LTs I want to know?) or making Phoenix not a complete mess of a faction.

As always, keep bringing in your feedback! Look for the box on the floor with the used coffee filters and beer bottles in it.
Djole88

Post by Djole88 »

I understood what you wanted to do with TF and it should be done BUT the engine breaks when accel is pushed that high (let alone higher). You could set accel of 1 as the max value and tone every other faction down but I fear that ships may become too sluggish.
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

Yeah TF needs more TLC but $#@! me if I know what I want to do with them. I was mostly just teasing you ;)
Terran

Post by Terran »

How about the turret guns on all the hvy scouts??? Why did we ever get rid of those? I don't recall anyone getting absurdly high kills with them except me :P