PCore009 Changelog

Discussion / Announcement area for PCore development.
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B90MAJ ... sp=sharing

Wow. Thank you SO MUCH to Djole@END for helping me with the servers and get everything ready. I've been testing for a bit now and everything seems great.

Anyways on to the change list:

(If you want to avoid the TL/DR, avoid the reasoning sections)

Giga:

Specref Si and Ca shield set to 3000 (4000) with SY off
CA sig dropped to .5 (.75)

Reasoning:

Small game giga was a little overpowering and part of that was due to the cheese that is Specs. Specs aren't a problem in terms of their investment or payout really, the problem is that in small games they're a little bit too hard to bring down. By lowering the toughness of SI and CA refs, we nerf Giga slightly. I also wanted to differentiate the specs more. Giga Sup is by far Giga's most played techpath (and for good reason) so I wanted to buff the CA specs a little bit to adjust. Originally SI specs were buffed because Giga Tac was its strongest techpath. That's no longer true, but Noir introduced the idea that each Giga spec would be slightly different and I liked the idea. CA specs were the "hard to find" specs and making them harder to find seemed like a natural progression, especially since U specs are now more tougher than their kin.

(Yes, "more tougher" is the grammatically proper way to state that phrase: the difference in toughness has increased between the types but U specs were not made tougher individually.)

Dreg:

Dreg yield to 1.3 (1.2)

Reasoning:

Dreg was always pretty mediocre until all of a sudden it became insane. There was a period where Dreg was absolutely dominating the scene, but that's when it had 1.35 yield and .9 hull. Now it has 1.2 yield and .85 hull. I do like their weak hulls because, in my mind at least, that suits Dreg. They're fast and thin-skinned, kind of like my ex-GF HEYOOOO. On the other hand their yield is so low it gives Dreg a very, very tiny window and almost no margin for error which just wasn't good gameplay. In other words: Dreg sucks right now. They suck because any blow to their econ is likely a fatal one. That's not good. Simple sentences for simple minds.

Phoenix:

Phoenix yield to 1.1 (1.0)
Transceiver income perked to $300 per payday ($180)
Hyperboost: -1.2 sig (-.9)

Reasoning:

The biggest call for Phoenix is for them to not suck. They're my namesake faction (or so Bard once thought, turns out I didn't even know it was a faction when I picked my name) and so I feel a bit of love towards them. Well actually I don't like this faction but it makes me just want to fix them so I don't hate them. My end goal for this faction is going to take a lot of work and I've been very lazy busy recently so bigger reworks to this faction are going to be held off. In the meantime I'll help make some of their cheese tech a bit more attainable so at least we can have fun flying Vanguards. Plus I mean, when in doubt buff the econ, right?

TF:

TF accel to 1.05 (1.0)

Reasoning:

TF was great when it had 1.15 accel, though their cons were a tad cheesy. I've had some people complain about this change when it was proposed, notably some EU players (you know who you are) who claim that these ints would be impossible to hit. To them I have two things to say:

1) Djole is in eastern europe and has a ping of 160 to US 1.
2) I live in California and have a ping of 110 to US 1.

Really I don't notice much of an issue hitting TF (nor have I ever). I will be monitoring this; however, so please if you EU folks have problems send me a screencap of what's going on. I'm not the kind of core dev who's just going to shrug and go "silly europeans!" Which is, apparently, what some of you think I'm going to do? I mean I'm going to ask you guys to demonstrate the experience you're having and if that means pulling me onto a side server that's an EU server then sure.

Anyways, TF could use some more love but I want to see them played a little bit more first (pokes the PUG commanders). I think that for PCore10 we're going to give them lt boost to start and remove enh cons. It's been suggested that we make them faster but that has been historically proven to be a) unnecessary (TF was very strong with the 1.15 accel) and b) would make them feel like like TF. I'm opposed to vanillizing factions.

Drac:

Hull to 1.1 (1.05)
PW damage to .85 (.9)
Missile Damage to .9 (.95)

Drac cons can be ripped to.

Basic Con = 1200 energy, 15 recharge (same as TF miner)
Enh Con = 1200 energy, 40 recharge (same as Rix Scout)
Adv Con = 2000 energy, 80 recharge (same as Carrier)

Reasoning:

Drac is the faction of toughness. I mean, I know that Belters was supposed to fill that role, but even with the hull perk Belters figsand SFs are tougher than Drac. Drac has a different KIND of toughness: while Belters sacrifices shields for tough hulls, Drac sacrifices damage for tough hulls. I always felt like the problem was that Drac didn't sacrifice ENOUGH damage for their hull. I wanted Drac to take the roll of a slow, lumbering tidal wave: they're coming and it's hard as hell to stop them even though they don't hit hard. I've also analyzed the complaints that the miners are difficult to solo and my only thought to that is, "meh." Don't solo miners: Drac in this setup both needs at least two people to take down a miner and needs two people to take down their miners. This game centers around teamwork and anything that encourages teamwork is probably a good thing.

OH:
Turn rate to 1.1 (1.2)
torque to 1.2(1.3).

Reasoning:

OH ints were... too good. They weren't Rixian Unity good mind, with the RKS Broodwich being the best interceptor available still, but they were pushing the limits. They had GT/TF level hull with Dreg level steering while sporting a better version of the IC econ. They still sport a better version of the IC Econ but at least now their ints won't be basically the best possible model (aside from Rix, who definitely does NOT have IC Econ).

GT:

Pulse Laser dam per shot to 6 (5)
Pulse laser energy per shot to 6 (6.5)
Pulse laser fire rate to 12 shots per seconds (10)
Ion Boost now requires lt boost 1
Ion Boost thrust to 450 (312)
Zeus Turn Radius to 1.15 (0.95993)

Reasoning:

Look if we're going to give GT special tech we might as well make it stronk... at least, stronger than the alternatives. Some people might wonder about that, but imo if you're paying extra for something it better be something special. Each of these techs requires a Research (10k) and must be researched (5k) before they can be used. Plus it's a fair buff to GT Sup which is unplayed anyways ever since Guitarism decided to go wandering in the mountains for months at a time. Now, GT sup is still bad, but at least it's got silly and fun things you can do (like Ion Boost figbees? Eh? EH?!)

Expect most special techs to have this kind of treatment eventually. If you buy something special it should be something special.

Interceptors:
Non-TF lt ints will have 600 Energy (0) and 50 Regen (0)
Non-TF Ints will have 750 Energy (0) and 60 Regen (0)
Non-TF hvy ints will have 1000 Energy (0) and 70 Regen (0)
Lxy ints will have 1200 energy (0) and 90 regen (0)

Reasoning:

Hey did you know that most non-TF ints didn't have energy? Fun story: Peenix, Belters, and Bios hvies all had energy. Only Peenix and Bios regulars had energy. This meant that if you were facing off against TF vs, I dunno, IC, you couldn't mount the PE guns you took from your opponent's cold, dead corpse. Where's the fun in that? Now, you can! "Should you" is a different question (the answer is "probably not"), but it seemed silly to me to not let everyone have the fun of PE weapons. Astute viewers will also notice something special: this is a nerf to bios ints! Yeah the SS13 Xeretov hvy int had 1200 energy and 80 regen. It ends up being like a second off of their heavy cloak time, something I'm not too broken up about tbh. It's still enough to do cloak shenanigans, just not as many. It's also a wash for Peenix hvies (900/90) and a net buff for Belters hvies (900/60). Most people don't know what Peenix uses energy for, but the answer is vulcan canon, so basically what we've done is given a slight nerf to Bios Exp and a slight perk to Belters Exp... and literally nothing else matters except for that weird case when you're playing against TF and feel like slowly replacing your PW guns with PE guns. Happy hunting!
Don't find fault, find a remedy; anybody can complain.
Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Apr 1 2009, 09:35 PM) But I don't read the forums I only post.
Student

Post by Student »

Give a hoorah for Pcoore00009!
4 zeros was intentional.
-Student
SysX
@Alleg
Hebrews 11:3
cashto

Post by cashto »

P1TLDR: GT has new and improved Ion Boost that can you can put on the figbees it doesn't have.
Globemaster_III wrote:QUOTE (Globemaster_III @ Jan 11 2018, 11:27 PM) as you know i think very little of cashto, cashto alway a flying low pilot, he alway flying a trainer airplane and he rented
Shizoku

Post by Shizoku »

So dreg is now more useless, huzzah!
Djole88

Post by Djole88 »

When I started we were playing weedcore3 almost exclusively on mach3. Where us, silly Europeans, have a ping ranging from 40-70. TF ints were jumping like crazy regardless of your ping.
Patman3

Post by Patman3 »

Shizoku wrote:QUOTE (Shizoku @ Mar 11 2015, 02:07 AM) So dreg is now more useless, huzzah!

Dreg got a 10% bump in yeild, unless I'm reading it wrong. Still sucks to have giga hull...especially when your cons (and miners I guess) are even squishier than giga (basic vs. enh) and way more expensive.

TF Ints hopping: Didn't ALL interceptors get a mass/accel change a while ago? I guess the question is were TF ints jumping around that badly before that change? FWIW I feel that all ints jump around.
Drizzo

Post by Drizzo »

P1 tl/dr I'm going to do this like Riot
cashto wrote:QUOTE (cashto @ Oct 16 2010, 02:48 AM) Interceptors are fun because without one, Drizzo would be physically incapable of entering a sector.
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

cashto wrote:QUOTE (cashto @ Mar 10 2015, 10:24 PM) P1TLDR: GT has new and improved Ion Boost that can you can put on the figbees it doesn't have.
Congratulations on getting that joke. I'm proud of you Cash.

Djole: WC3 had TF at 1.15 accel.

Shiz: Dreg got buffed. If that makes them more useless then I'm confused.
Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Apr 1 2009, 09:35 PM) But I don't read the forums I only post.
vogue

Post by vogue »

hi I'd like to lodge a complaint from the heavy scout lobby, I see no buffs for our beloved saviors - the heavy scouts.

I feel like if we're going to pimp Terran out in good faith then it's only fair we get some sort of symbolic buff - like being able to mount PP1 on heavy scouts
phoenix1 wrote:QUOTE (phoenix1 @ May 5 2013, 08:35 PM) Vogue is clearly #1 and commanding against him feels like commanding against Spideycw at times... though he lacks that little bit of "I don't care who's on my team or what the factions are, it's going to be a stomp anyways" that Spidey managed to pull off in his heyday.
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

I've added an exclamation mark at the end of every heavy scout's name. I feel that this gives them the sort of gravitas they deserve and generate more than a little bit of excitement when heavy scouts are researched as now it will read, "Heavy Scout! Research complete."