PCore009 Changelog

Discussion / Announcement area for PCore development.
Shizoku

Post by Shizoku »

I totally misread that. Woops!
Last edited by Shizoku on Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

Culmination wrote:QUOTE (Culmination @ Mar 11 2015, 05:42 AM) Dreg got a 10% bump in yeild, unless I'm reading it wrong. Still sucks to have giga hull...especially when your cons (and miners I guess) are even squishier than giga (basic vs. enh) and way more expensive.
Giga also has a shield perk. Not much but still ;)

Also yeah, it's possible their econ will be put back to its DN levels.

QUOTE TF Ints hopping: Didn't ALL interceptors get a mass/accel change a while ago? I guess the question is were TF ints jumping around that badly before that change? FWIW I feel that all ints jump around.[/quote]
It is my recollection that WC1's changes to interceptors were reverted by P32. If that recollection is incorrect then I'll probably do the reversion myself.

Oh and Shiz? It's ok I have no faith in myself either ;)
Don't find fault, find a remedy; anybody can complain.
Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Apr 1 2009, 09:35 PM) But I don't read the forums I only post.
Patman3

Post by Patman3 »

Weedman wrote:QUOTE (Weedman @ Mar 13 2013, 06:26 PM) I am increasing interceptor thrust values from 300, to 400. It means they have
better acceleration. The side effect is it limits their top "cruise" boosting speed. I think that in order
to create some semblance of fairness, no ship should be going 450 mps. I think 300mps or slightly over should be the
limit. A benefit to a higher thrust, is ints also slow down from 250 mps faster so it is easier to engage rather than
overboost. Also their side and reverse thrust ability will be improved by changing the thrust value.
^From WC03 changelog. From what I can find PCore001 was built on WC03.

Briefly looking through all the Pcore revision threads I didn't see anything mentioning this being reverted - and going by the fact that I'm no longer cruising around the map in my interceptor this change seems to be still in place.

*EDIT* FOUND IT:
QUOTE (P32)All int thrust reduced to 350 [400]. Seeing how I had complains about 5 different ints being "too small"/"too hard to hit" (and I even agreed with some
of them) weeds int thrust increase (from 300 to 400) clearly was too much. All afterburners thrust increased by 50 to have the same total forward while boosting.[/quote]
*EDIT* Still a ~17% boost to "old" thrust values.

Net positive change with regard to interceptor range nerfing, just may have had the unintended consequence of the (TF?) int hopping.
Last edited by Patman3 on Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ThePhantom032

Post by ThePhantom032 »

phoenix1 wrote:QUOTE (phoenix1 @ Mar 11 2015, 06:04 PM) Giga also has a shield perk. Not much but still ;)

Also yeah, it's possible their econ will be put back to its DN levels.

It is my recollection that WC1's changes to interceptors were reverted by P32. If that recollection is incorrect then I'll probably do the reversion myself.

Oh and Shiz? It's ok I have no faith in myself either ;)
I half-reverted weeds changes to int thrust - he put them from 300 to 400, and I put them to 350, but made afterburners 50 stronger to have the same boosting power (except long distances with reloads). Not sure what else weed touched on ints, especially compared to DN which was before my time.

Hyperboost change - ugh no. Its way too much. If it had a chargeup time in which your signature would go down, fine. But its instant 30% sig + huge accel now. Meaning scouts would see it at 720m, adv sfs at 600m (basic sfs even less) and adv figs at 240m. Only ints with pps have a chance of fighting these now, and even then you need pp2 because otherwise they will just boost out of pp1 range so quickly.

Finally TF accel: I dont think TF should get an accel buff at all, since GAs are multiplicative and the limit at which the engine breaks and stuff becomes unhittable is constant and VERY close on TF with accel GAs in exp. This is due to TF mass being 80% of normal, while having normal thrust - effectively 25% more accel than the same ship of other factions (100% thrust / 80% mass = 125% accel). Add exp GAs (x*1.1*1.1), and you are already at 1.5125 times the default accel (for example IC without GAs, roughly giga with 1 GA). You're of course welcome to even go back to weedcores 1.15 accel for TF, and I can return to having fun podding everything because they cant hit me. :P

The rest looks fine, though I will have to investigate LAIZORZ closer some time ;)
Still ready to teach anyone who asks nicely whatever they want to know about playing alleg. Contrary to popular opinion I do not eat newbies. Voobs taste much better.
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

Phantom032 wrote:QUOTE (Phantom032 @ Mar 11 2015, 11:11 AM) Hyperboost change - ugh no. Its way too much. If it had a chargeup time in which your signature would go down, fine. But its instant 30% sig + huge accel now. Meaning scouts would see it at 720m, adv sfs at 600m (basic sfs even less) and adv figs at 240m. Only ints with pps have a chance of fighting these now, and even then you need pp2 because otherwise they will just boost out of pp1 range so quickly.
Well Vanguards do carry a very hefty cost, especially since Skycap was taken off of gunships. It was a straight revert to the DN value since Peenix is so bad right now.

QUOTE Finally TF accel: I dont think TF should get an accel buff at all, since GAs are multiplicative and the limit at which the engine breaks and stuff becomes unhittable is constant and VERY close on TF with accel GAs in exp. This is due to TF mass being 80% of normal, while having normal thrust - effectively 25% more accel than the same ship of other factions (100% thrust / 80% mass = 125% accel). Add exp GAs (x*1.1*1.1), and you are already at 1.5125 times the default accel (for example IC without GAs, roughly giga with 1 GA). You're of course welcome to even go back to weedcores 1.15 accel for TF, and I can return to having fun podding everything because they cant hit me. :P [/quote]
I'll monitor the situation. Again, video evidence would be very helpful, not because I don't believe you but more because I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to describe. A picture's worth a thousand words ;)

The thing about TF is that I wanted something easy to buff them with but was very opposed to raising their speed. PCore10 will almost certainly see TF with lt boost to start because the more I think about it, the more I realize that's exactly what the faction needs and is just strictly better design anyways. It also might be interesting to give them 1.02 hull.

QUOTE The rest looks fine, though I will have to investigate LAIZORZ closer some time ;) [/quote]
They run out of energy very quickly now XD I'm probably going to have to lower the energy requirement further. And let me know when you do investigate them, I'll definitely fly circles for you ;)
Don't find fault, find a remedy; anybody can complain.
Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Apr 1 2009, 09:35 PM) But I don't read the forums I only post.