PCore 9 Todo List

Discussion / Announcement area for PCore development.
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

Blacksun94 wrote:QUOTE (Blacksun94 @ Jan 12 2015, 11:50 AM) That will be fixed in r8. since djole coded imago's vram fixes. and again those people are the ones with win xp and 2 gb of ram.
phoenix1 wrote:QUOTE (phoenix1 @ Jan 12 2015, 11:12 AM) If it's a code issue then I'll just wait for R8 and have Pandy wait until then assuming it's soon. If you estimate it'll be more than a month before we have R8 I might have to pull Drac until then. Nothing against Drac but I've gotta consider the health of the community and to me if Drac is causing people to be physically unable to play that want to play...

If I did pull it, it would be back after R8 is released.

Do you have a timeframe for R8?
Bolded for emphasis. IF R8 fixes this, I'll be an ecstatic core developer... especially if it means we can bring back the Fig models instead of using the ints as figs. As of right now, I have no timeframe for R8 and as far as I know it'll be sometime in Q3 2016.

As someone who's in charge of the primarily used core, I've a responsibility to make sure that people have fun playing this game. The unwritten rule 0 of this is that people have to be able to play the game.
Don't find fault, find a remedy; anybody can complain.
Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Apr 1 2009, 09:35 PM) But I don't read the forums I only post.
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

Now that I've outlined the bug fixes I'd like to do, I figure here's a good place to put down the balance fixes I'd like to do in this PCore009.

Giga
Specref Si and Ca shield set to 3000 (4000). CA sig dropped to .5 (.75).

End result: CA mines are a little better overall, Si are a little worse, both aren’t as tough as they used to be. Difference between the spec types are exaggerated for more divergent gameplay. Eventually I'm going to take a longer look at the giga lxies again.

Dreg:

Dreg yield to 1.3 (1.2)

Dreg’s yield might eventually end up at 1.35 again... that was their last DN value, and there've been a series of nerfs since (though their ints got massively perked from the old model). Dreg may also end up with larger ships across the board at some point in the future, but I'd rather not nerf them until they're somewhat decent again.

Phoenix:

Phoenix yield to 1.1 (1.0)
Transceiver income perked to $300 per payday ($180)
Hyperboost: -1.2 sig (-.9)

More Phoenix changes to come. First step is to make the faction playable, THEN make it interesting. Right now I'm reverting some of the faction back to the DN days and making the transceivers a little bit stronger. These guys are so bad that it'll take a lot of thinking to see where I want that faction to be eventually.

TF:
TF accel to 1.05 (1.0)

(was 1.15 in final version of DN). This might eventually end up back at the DN 1.15 value. If it does, cons may receive minor nerf.

Going to look at TF more. May revert enh con change and have TF start with lt boost researched.

Drac:

Hull to 1.1 (1.05)
PW damage to .85 (.9)
Missile Damage to .9 (.95)

Drac cons can be ripped to. Basic = rix scout, enh = TF miner, adv = TF carrier.

After careful deliberation about drac miners and whether or not games involving drac would devolve into silly "we can't touch eachother's econ" battles, I've decided that I want to try this out. Right now if you need to have teamwork to kill a drac miner, that seems like fine evolution of gameplay. Keep in mind that this is also a nerf to nan damage... meaning that Drac nans aren't as good as they used to be either! I also liked the idea of Drac cons behaving somewhat like TF miners. While I understand Vogue's concerns about being able to rip to the cons, I believe that it can be balanced so that it's not terribly different than how TF miners work. In competitive games I feel like it also gives commanders a bit more flexibility to lead from the cockpit. If another con nan is needed on the opening con, Drizzo can launch and rip in. It also fits the theme that I feel is being built for Drac which is "it's $#@!ing hard to kill us."

OH:
Turn rate to 1.1 (1.2)
torque to 1.2(1.3).

OH is a good faction but people have been complaining about the ints. I agree they're pretty damn easy to whore with, but I don't necessarily agree with the reasoning. Their size isn't the issue: they're no thinner than TF and they've got a big 'ol flat top and bottom... and to paraphrase what a great int whore once told me, if you find that the thing you're shooting is shooting back, you're probably shooting at the wrong thing. Mostly they just feel like Dreg ints in terms of aiming strength with IC hull.

Later on I'm going to look at their sup a bit more. I'd like to touch up its viability. OH will (like IC) remain an int-first faction but I don't want it to become an int only faction.

GT:

Pulse Laser dam per shot to 6 (5)
Pulse laser energy per shot to 6 (6.5)
Pulse laser fire rate to 12 shots per seconds (10)
Ion Boost now requires lt boost 1
Ion Boost thrust to 450 (312)
Zeus Turn Radius to 1.15 (0.95993)

Pulse laser is fun but right now deals about as much damage as mini1. This puts laser damage at just above mini2 and just under mini3 damage per second. Energy per shot reduced as well so figs can fire longer. Ion Boost is a cool little piece of tech that's fun to durdle around with. Touching up the turn radius on Zeus will also make it a bit better. I'm not really worried about "overbuffing" GT sup, something that's not generally played anyways.

Interceptors:
Non-TF lt ints will have 600 Energy (0) and 50 Regen (0)
Non-TF Ints will have 750 Energy (0) and 60 Regen (0)
Non-TF hvy ints will have 1000 Energy (0) and 70 Regen (0)
Lxy ints will have 1200 energy (0) and 90 regen (0)

Basically making it so that people who prefer to use PE weapons and can pick them off the hulls of their dead opponents can do so. Figs don't require a change because they already have energy for Dis and Galv. This constitutes a slight perk to belters hvies, which originally had 900/60. Shouldn't be noticeable but my OCD will feel better with uniformity across the interceptors. It's also a slight nerf to Phoenix because of Vulcan. Shouldn't actually have a noticeable impact though.
Last edited by zombywoof on Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Apr 1 2009, 09:35 PM) But I don't read the forums I only post.
Deathrender

Post by Deathrender »

phoenix1 wrote:QUOTE (phoenix1 @ Jan 12 2015, 04:56 PM) After careful deliberation about drac miners and whether or not games involving drac would devolve into silly "we can't touch eachother's econ" battles, I've decided that I want to try this out. Right now if you need to have teamwork to kill a drac miner, that seems like fine evolution of gameplay. Keep in mind that this is also a nerf to nan damage... meaning that Drac nans aren't as good as they used to be either! I also liked the idea of Drac cons behaving somewhat like TF miners. While I understand Vogue's concerns about being able to rip to the cons, I believe that it can be balanced so that it's not terribly different than how TF miners work. In competitive games I feel like it also gives commanders a bit more flexibility to lead from the cockpit. If another con nan is needed on the opening con, Drizzo can launch and rip in. It also fits the theme that I feel is being built for Drac which is "it's $#@!ing hard to kill us."
My suggestions have been listened to!

Just to clarify, they are not able to pick up the pods, correct? I feel this would help with keeping this as a utility and not some cheese.

Also, perhaps nix could still use a defensive buff? They still feel extremely flimsy and considering the flat sides, this is not a good thing. They not only suffer from relying on shields, having poor hull, but their ship models are terrible as well.
phoenix1 wrote:QUOTE (phoenix1 @ Jul 22 2017, 05:58 PM) Mini ac gunner mount was removed because somewhere along the lines we had a core dev that said, "I really hate Terran and want him to be miserable." And all core devs ever since have agreed.
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

Their hull is actually what's supposed to be normal. Hull at .9 was the "default" as intended by MS, Phoenix is, for example, tougher than Rix as a result. This got dramatically shifted with factions like GT and TF.

I have not decided to give (all of these changes must still be done and tested before I can release them, again look for a release early next week) Drac cons the ability to pick up pods yet but it is very much in the back of my mind.

Also if you have significant issues with anything I've proposed here, please list your reasoning! I haven't made the final changes yet and everything's subject to change until it's put out on autoupdate. Is there another way we can work with Drac? Or perhaps you feel OH shouldn't have its turn rates nerfed because they're weak? Discussion is how this core is going to be perfect.
Deathrender

Post by Deathrender »

I am much for drac cons being unable to pick up the pods. If they gain the ability to PU pods, it essentially turns them into mini carriers and nan rips will be abused.

Make it a one way trip, and it becomes a decision with responsibility.

This has probably been proposed before and rejected. But Nix is characterized as "Shields" and "Super tech"

Belts ints can mount dumbs, why not allow nix hvy ints to mount a weaker shield to accommodate for the weak hull? Increases Nix's exp endgame potential. I'm sure something can be worked out to make the tech viable. Or is this going too far?

Just keep in mind, I'm offering creative suggestions to influence balancing in a unique way, I'm not one to argue strict faction attributes like yield and damage.
phoenix1 wrote:QUOTE (phoenix1 @ Jul 22 2017, 05:58 PM) Mini ac gunner mount was removed because somewhere along the lines we had a core dev that said, "I really hate Terran and want him to be miserable." And all core devs ever since have agreed.
Djole88

Post by Djole88 »

Guess I need to post this again.
Djole88 wrote:QUOTE (Djole88 @ Jan 12 2015, 08:04 PM) 99% sure: Memory. It should be fixed in r8.

I'd appreciate if I could confirm or deny this by knowing any of the following:
1) Someone is crashing with a decent gfx and +2GB of ram AND no mods
2) If you are crashing but are willing to shove more ram into your mobo for a quick test (if you don't want to buy it you could borrow it from a friend?), please tell me the results.

Virtual memory is not going to work.

If the above is confirmed what you can do with the core is: Remove draconium and then keep removing faction till no one is crashing.
Please people, I am not 100% sure, if someone could test this it would be awesome. If you are crashing with drac on r7 test it on r8 too (and possibly test what I already proposed).

I got the same bug when I've filled my mem - so I believe that is the issue (for the reasons that take too much time to explain). I'm not just making a wild guess.

R8 comes out as soon as I (or anyone else) fixes the buttons not working thing (although if you are playing on lower res than 1024x768 you should probably consider buying a new monitor or a gfx card) and we confirm that there are no more bugs.

I'll try to fix the buttons thing during this week.
Last edited by Djole88 on Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

Significant changes to the faction can and probably will occur at a later date. For now I'd like to hammer out a quick update for a couple of reasons:

1) There are some outstanding issues with PCore8 that can be easily and readily fixed
2) There are some minor issues with balance that can be easily and readily fixed
3) It helps solidify the fact that I am now in charge of the core.

There are a few factions that I really want to get down into and fix, but I'm going to try and do it one at a time. Draconium, Phoenix, and TF have some (sometimes significant) issues that I'd really like to address. I'm also going to look pretty hard at the balance between the techpaths because I'd rather we not end up with another "autumn of tac."

Pipe dream, but it would be cool if by the time we have our next squad tournament every faction and techpath combination was used at least once in organized play to good effect.

EDIT: Djole, thank you so much for responding in the first place. I wish I could help you but sadly I can't because I don't have a computer that fits the requirements you laid out. Don't feel the need to rush it or anything, I was just curious what the timeframe was looking like for my own purposes.
Last edited by zombywoof on Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
ryujin

Post by ryujin »

tl;dr... but i commented
*#$@faced $#@!tard Troll
ThePhantom032

Post by ThePhantom032 »

One thing thats important but I'm not sure you know about Phoenix is that they have a bonus missile on pretty much every ship (In all your talk about how much it sucks you didnt list a single good point, and this is big).

So keep that in mind when you buff anything ;)
Still ready to teach anyone who asks nicely whatever they want to know about playing alleg. Contrary to popular opinion I do not eat newbies. Voobs taste much better.
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

Yeah. I I forgot to mention that.