PCore 9 Todo List

Discussion / Announcement area for PCore development.
Archangelus

Post by Archangelus »

Did you consider zeus damage also, or just pew pew alone? If so, I think you should reconsider the ability to shoot for longer periods.
pkk wrote:QUOTE (pkk @ Jul 18 2014, 06:08 AM) Seems like some people forget, that they're guest here and their status can be removed any time.
Archer14

Post by Archer14 »

While I know that TF tac isn't used much, their killers are complete @#(!. One of the hardest things in the game, imo, to hit. I just did a test with giga sf with killer 1 against an op and UR spec. I managed to drop the spec shield down a bar and a half whereas with the op, I managed to drop it down 2.5 shield bars. And when I did this with a solo TF SF with killer 1, i barely scratched the shield on a CA spec with however many killers a TF SF can load, 20 or so, and it just regened the entire damage easily.

And with PT bombers, I managed to empty a full clip of mini2 into the MRT AB and it didnt die. I landed maybe 75% of the shots, like wtf
ryjamsan wrote:QUOTE (ryjamsan @ Mar 1 2011, 07:07 PM) Spidey let it go, I have reformed MW and taken him under my wing:)
phoenix1 wrote:QUOTE (phoenix1 @ Nov 16 2014, 05:12 PM) I'll make sure to never make you a commander again :P
Archangelus

Post by Archangelus »

Oh well, seeing how many "vets" chime in complaining about TF SRP KILLERS, I guess it would be cool to remember them that the TF Killers, ARENT MISSILES, BUT VERY FAST ROCKETS per say. They used to travel at 500mps. They also used to have very little signature penalty. I dont know what changes were made into them but I know XC somewhere changed their damaged scope to DM03 (same as disruptors).

Also they dont track your target even though you get a lock.
pkk wrote:QUOTE (pkk @ Jul 18 2014, 06:08 AM) Seems like some people forget, that they're guest here and their status can be removed any time.
Archer14

Post by Archer14 »

P1 kept harassing me to comment on something so I threw something out there
ryjamsan wrote:QUOTE (ryjamsan @ Mar 1 2011, 07:07 PM) Spidey let it go, I have reformed MW and taken him under my wing:)
phoenix1 wrote:QUOTE (phoenix1 @ Nov 16 2014, 05:12 PM) I'll make sure to never make you a commander again :P
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

With regards to shooting down missiles:

Meh. I'll take care of shooting down MRT AB after I perk nerve gas.

With regard to killers:

They have not changed since DN. I can't see why what you say would be true just looking at the numbers, but I will investigate and see what I can find out.

With regard to Zeus:

Zeus damage is fine. I might touch up its tracking to match seeker2.

With regard to Pulse Laser:

It seemed clear to me based on the damage values and the fire rate that Pulse Laser is supposed to be "energy minigun for figs." Either way, Zeus damage is completely irrelevant to what I'm doing with PW Laser because you can use Zeus with Gat3. The problem with PW laser is that it was the rough equivalent to mini1.

I also can't reconsider "the ability to shoot for longer periods" because I didn't give GT figs the ability to shoot for longer periods. 10 shots per second at 6.5 energy is 650 energy per second. 12 shots per second at 6 energy is 720 energy per second. Pewpew will drain your energy faster now. I misspoke about the "fire longer," what I meant was, "to offset the raise in shots per second."

This won't give GT the sudden ability to DM with hvies or anything, just give the a nice little edge over other fighters if the commander's willing to dump 10k into a research.

Generally speaking I feel like GT techs should be a slightly improved version of what's already available. If you have to have gat2 in order to buy EW Pulse Laser, you're spending money to downgrade your tech. That strikes me as odd. On that note I think I'll make lt booster a requirement for Ion Boost and raise Ion Boost's thrust up to 450 (same as lt boost 1).
Don't find fault, find a remedy; anybody can complain.
Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Apr 1 2009, 09:35 PM) But I don't read the forums I only post.
Drizzo

Post by Drizzo »

Perk dmg to srp killers please.
cashto wrote:QUOTE (cashto @ Oct 16 2010, 02:48 AM) Interceptors are fun because without one, Drizzo would be physically incapable of entering a sector.
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

I've taken a longer look at lxy ints. The significant difference between lxy ints and hvy ints are these:

1) Lxy ints can ripcord
2) Lxy ints have 10% more hp
3) Lxy ints have 14% more max thrust

By multiplying Lxy Ints values by the faction modifiers for giga, here's how they stack up to IC:

IC hvy: 712 HP
Giga Lxy: 722 HP

IC Hvy: 350 max thrust (423 with accel2)
Giga Lxy: 360 max thrust (392 with accel2)

There are two questions I have to ask myself:

1) What do I want Giga's lxy ships to be?
2) Does the Lxy Int fit that view?

To the former: I believe that as long as giga is paying $500 per ship, the lxies should be the best version of a hvy scout, hvy int, adv sf, or adv fig available. $500 isn't cheap when it comes to handing out lxies, in a game of 5v5 equipping your team in lxies costs $2500 which is the equivalent to a piece of tech. I also can't see how anyone would assume Giga needs to have a @#(!ty late game in the guise of "they pay $500 per ship to get what every other faction gets just normally." Right now Giga's strength is that they can throw money at the problem and beating them is centered around punching their econ in the mouth early game and keeping them from swarming the map in the mid game.

To the latter: no. While ripcording in interceptors is a good boon to the ship, it doesn't fit into the mold of what an interceptor is. It encourages bad habits like expanding with copious teleports as expansion, especially when your opponent is likely clearing out bases very rapidly. Otherwise giga lxies are basically taking a mediocre-at-best interceptor (we haven't discussed IC's extra damage or compared the giga ship to other factions like TF, GT, or Belts who have a LOT more hull or the factions with extra turning) and strapping a ripcord to it.

So what do I do to change this? When I think about what makes the great interceptors great, I think of turn rate. As such I'm going to touch up the Lxy Int's turn torque and turn rate by 20% and 10% respectively. I'm also going to give them 50 more ammo and another 25 HP as well as bump their fuel to 17 (currently 15). This will increase lxy ints staying power in a fight to just beyond that of other interceptors to justify spending the cash.

This brings me to lxy sfs. Lxy sfs have 10 mps more speed (which is less than a 10% increase), an extra missile per rack (useless in tac v tac battles), and about 5% more energy regen. Sig3 sucks energy at a rate of 105... which means that basically it costs 20 energy per second for lxies, 25 for non lxies. That's a 20% increase in cloak time... fair enough. I might buff Lxy SF speed to 160 (150)... but lxy sfs are probably ok.
Last edited by zombywoof on Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Apr 1 2009, 09:35 PM) But I don't read the forums I only post.
cashto

Post by cashto »

I don't really have an opinion on any changes (that would take thinking and research, blah). But I really like how P1 is soliciting and triaging feedback. This is a great model for how core development should be done.
Globemaster_III wrote:QUOTE (Globemaster_III @ Jan 11 2018, 11:27 PM) as you know i think very little of cashto, cashto alway a flying low pilot, he alway flying a trainer airplane and he rented
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

I'm also playing a small game I call "guess who made the change." I have a list of changes that P032 was going to do and/or look into seriously. I'm going to present all of the changes exactly the same and see what happens. I think it'll be funny if people clamor for P032 to retake the core because of changes I implemented that I got directly from his list :lol:

p.s. P032, no cheating!
Last edited by zombywoof on Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ThePhantom032

Post by ThePhantom032 »

phoenix1 wrote:QUOTE (phoenix1 @ Jan 13 2015, 08:01 PM) I'm also playing a small game I call "guess who made the change." I have a list of changes that P032 was going to do and/or look into seriously. I'm going to present all of the changes exactly the same and see what happens. I think it'll be funny if people clamor for P032 to retake the core because of changes I implemented that I got directly from his list :lol:

p.s. P032, no cheating!
Sounds like a fun game, so I won't be saying anything. :D
Still ready to teach anyone who asks nicely whatever they want to know about playing alleg. Contrary to popular opinion I do not eat newbies. Voobs taste much better.