PCore 9 Todo List

Discussion / Announcement area for PCore development.
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

Aight, I figured I'd give you guys an overview of what I'm going to try to get done for PCore9. Hopefully I'll be able to test it this weekend and get it out early next week. I'm going to try to release new cores on Mondays (not every monday) so the week's games can fly them and give people time to download it, etc. before Friday Night and Sundays.

Without further ado, these are the big to-dos for PCore9:

1) Identify and resolve the drac crash issue. I don't want people unable to play this game because Drac is broken.
2) Fix med boost. If this tech is going to exist it might as well be a tech that does something XD
3) Change Core upgrade research to PCore9. Yes I'm making a note of it XD
4) Fix order of GAs as they appear in f5.

There will be some balance changes as well. Miner buffs to Drac and Dreg, SY off nerf for Giga, minor nerf to OH.

I'm also going to look hard at giga ints. Some people complain they're too hard to hit which isn't a problem I've had tbh... but we tend to play on US servers. I notice that the two people who mostly claim that Giga ints are too small are in Europe. In addition I'm going to look at TF.
Don't find fault, find a remedy; anybody can complain.
Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Apr 1 2009, 09:35 PM) But I don't read the forums I only post.
Djole88

Post by Djole88 »

phoenix1 wrote:QUOTE (phoenix1 @ Jan 12 2015, 07:34 PM) 1) Identify and resolve the drac crash issue. I don't want people unable to play this game because Drac is broken.
99% sure: Memory. It should be fixed in r8.

I'd appreciate if I could confirm or deny this by knowing any of the following:
1) Someone is crashing with a decent gfx and +2GB of ram AND no mods
2) If you are crashing but are willing to shove more ram into your mobo for a quick test (if you don't want to buy it you could borrow it from a friend?), please tell me the results.

Virtual memory is not going to work.

If the above is confirmed what you can do with the core is: Remove draconium and then keep removing faction till no one is crashing.
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

If it's a code issue then I'll just wait for R8 and have Pandy wait until then assuming it's soon. If you estimate it'll be more than a month before we have R8 I might have to pull Drac until then. Nothing against Drac but I've gotta consider the health of the community and to me if Drac is causing people to be physically unable to play that want to play...

If I did pull it, it would be back after R8 is released.

Do you have a timeframe for R8?
Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Apr 1 2009, 09:35 PM) But I don't read the forums I only post.
MagisterXF94

Post by MagisterXF94 »

phoenix1 wrote:QUOTE (phoenix1 @ Jan 12 2015, 08:12 PM) If it's a code issue then I'll just wait for R8 and have Pandy wait until then assuming it's soon. If you estimate it'll be more than a month before we have R8 I might have to pull Drac until then. Nothing against Drac but I've gotta consider the health of the community and to me if Drac is causing people to be physically unable to play that want to play...

If I did pull it, it would be back after R8 is released.

Do you have a timeframe for R8?
P1 its not drac that its broken.
Itt's allegiance that is buggy.
99% percent of the crashes were due too, people. having low system memory and A TON of high res textures.
QUOTE ^cashto@Elem (all): yeah, i imagine if you're rusty, you could build op short for no reason, build a naked ref, then go two techpaths even though your mining is by all objective standards $#@!ed[/quote]
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

When there are people who can play the game if the faction Draconium is not present but can't if the faction Draconium is present, whether it's allegiance's code or Draconium's models are at fault is largely irrelevant to me. I want people to play.

I also (because I see TA reading this thread) really want Draconium to be a part of Allegiance. TA worked really hard on the faction and it's got a lot of great ideas and looks really good. That's why finding (and fixing) whatever this issue is is goal #1 for me.
MagisterXF94

Post by MagisterXF94 »

phoenix1 wrote:QUOTE (phoenix1 @ Jan 12 2015, 08:38 PM) When there are people who can play the game if the faction Draconium is not present but can't if the faction Draconium is present, whether it's allegiance's code or Draconium's models are at fault is largely irrelevant to me. I want people to play.

I also (because I see TA reading this thread) really want Draconium to be a part of Allegiance. TA worked really hard on the faction and it's got a lot of great ideas and looks really good. That's why finding (and fixing) whatever this issue is is goal #1 for me.
People can play with drac if they reduce their high res files. or reduce texture size in the options menu. problem solved.
QUOTE ^cashto@Elem (all): yeah, i imagine if you're rusty, you could build op short for no reason, build a naked ref, then go two techpaths even though your mining is by all objective standards $#@!ed[/quote]
ThePhantom032

Post by ThePhantom032 »

Blacksun94 wrote:QUOTE (Blacksun94 @ Jan 12 2015, 08:45 PM) People can play with drac if they reduce their high res files. or reduce texture size in the options menu. problem solved.
Blacksun there are people that cannot play with draconium at all, even with a fresh install. Problem solved?
Still ready to teach anyone who asks nicely whatever they want to know about playing alleg. Contrary to popular opinion I do not eat newbies. Voobs taste much better.
MagisterXF94

Post by MagisterXF94 »

Phantom032 wrote:QUOTE (Phantom032 @ Jan 12 2015, 08:47 PM) Blacksun there are people that cannot play with draconium at all, even with a fresh install. Problem solved?
That will be fixed in r8. since djole coded imago's vram fixes. and again those people are the ones with win xp and 2 gb of ram.
ThePhantom032

Post by ThePhantom032 »

Blacksun94 wrote:QUOTE (Blacksun94 @ Jan 12 2015, 08:50 PM) That will be fixed in r8. since djole coded imago's vram fixes. and again those people are the ones with win xp and 2 gb of ram.
You don't actually know that, it may be a different issue altogether, since no one has confirmed it works (or doesn't work) on beta, as far as I know at least.

There's a name for this fallacy, but I can't be bothered to look for it.

Anyway, just ignoring the issue and hoping the fix down the road will solve all our problems is a bad idea. Especially since it's unclear when r8 will finally be released.
Still ready to teach anyone who asks nicely whatever they want to know about playing alleg. Contrary to popular opinion I do not eat newbies. Voobs taste much better.
MagisterXF94

Post by MagisterXF94 »

Phantom032 wrote:QUOTE (Phantom032 @ Jan 12 2015, 08:53 PM) You don't actually know that, it may be a different issue altogether, since no one has confirmed it works (or doesn't work) on beta, as far as I know at least.

There's a name for this fallacy, but I can't be bothered to look for it.

Anyway, just ignoring the issue and hoping the fix down the road will solve all our problems is a bad idea. Especially since it's unclear when r8 will finally be released.
Djole manged to run drac on pcore 8 using pkk's texture pack on the beta.