PCore9 Proposed Changes

Discussion / Announcement area for PCore development.
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

Why?
Don't find fault, find a remedy; anybody can complain.
Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Apr 1 2009, 09:35 PM) But I don't read the forums I only post.
Djole88

Post by Djole88 »

phoenix1 wrote:QUOTE (phoenix1 @ Jan 12 2015, 02:24 AM) Why?
Because, well I'm sorry but you asked, you don't know to handle the ships well. I wouldn't like the core(s) to be modified by people that don't know how to manage their spacecrafts.

I'm perfectly fine with you giving advice (many of which were very good) but in the end I'd like p32 to have the final say.

EDIT: @p32, I believe I can make that extra step go away with ~5-10 lines of code if the step is restarting the server when the core file changes (also can auto-update the cores.txt file).
Last edited by Djole88 on Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

Well you're entitled to your opinion I guess.
Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Apr 1 2009, 09:35 PM) But I don't read the forums I only post.
Djole88

Post by Djole88 »

phoenix1 wrote:QUOTE (phoenix1 @ Jan 12 2015, 03:29 AM) Well you're entitled to your opinion I guess.
Please don't get me wrong, I wouldn't put myself in charge of the core either :)
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

I wouldn't put you in charge of the core either because you lack the experience.

To be honest the best core czar we've ever had was Spidey. Knowing how to fly ships isn't important for balance, but knowing what wins games does. I know what wins games.
Shizoku

Post by Shizoku »

lol Noir was infinitely better at cores than insect was. DrS was also pretty awesome, but for other reasons.
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

Noir just basically gave you whore tech. Since you're a whore, you loved that :P Balance wasn't his first goal, but making things stupid fun was his goal.

Ok point taken XD
_xJammer_

Post by _xJammer_ »

This core is 32 times better than whatever P1 can come up with.
Djole88

Post by Djole88 »

phoenix1 wrote:QUOTE (phoenix1 @ Jan 12 2015, 03:38 AM) To be honest the best core czar we've ever had was Spidey. Knowing how to fly ships isn't important for balance, but knowing what wins games does. I know what wins games.
Part of the allegiance being awesome is that there are more things at stake than just tech balance. You have to give a fair chance to ships that are less advanced AND make stuff fun to fly. You can't judge what is a good ship if you can't fly it properly (see giga lxy ints) therefore your alteration to the ship specs is likely to cause them to behave... unexpectedly.
phoenix1 wrote:QUOTE (phoenix1 @ Jan 12 2015, 03:38 AM) I wouldn't put you in charge of the core either because you lack the experience.
Agreed. Also I lack the will to balance things properly :P
Malicious Wraith

Post by Malicious Wraith »

Asymmetric warfare has always been the best formul for fun and interesting strategy games ...
Unknown wrote:[Just want] to play some games before Alleg dies for good.
I don't want that time to be a @#(!-storm of hate and schadenfreude.
IG: Liquid_Mamba / Fedman