Beta Bug?

Questions / Announcements area for beta tests of Allegiance's future updates.
Aeropagitica

Post by Aeropagitica »

When in the ship-select menu, I can select ships by scrolling left, but not right, and the drag down menu doesn't work either. Thallium says he did not have the same problem, but Student did.

//BETA//
We have engaged the enemy and they are ours!-Commodore Perry - Great Lakes Campaign
Djole88

Post by Djole88 »

Aeropagitica wrote:QUOTE (Aeropagitica @ Jan 4 2015, 04:23 AM) When in the ship-select menu, I can select ships by scrolling left, but not right, and the drag down menu doesn't work either. Thallium says he did not have the same problem, but Student did.

//BETA//
In fullscreen?
pkk

Post by pkk »

I can confirm this behavior in fullscreen and windowed mode...

Clicking prev. ship works every few secs, while opening the drop-down menu or next ship doesn't work at all.
Last edited by pkk on Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Escapist (Justin Emerson) @ Dec 21 2010, 02:33 PM:
The history of open-source Allegiance is paved with the bodies of dead code branches, forum flame wars, and personal vendettas. But a community remains because people still love the game.
Aeropagitica

Post by Aeropagitica »

Djole88 wrote:QUOTE (Djole88 @ Jan 4 2015, 07:32 AM) In fullscreen?
Full screen mode. Yes.
We have engaged the enemy and they are ours!-Commodore Perry - Great Lakes Campaign
MagisterXF94

Post by MagisterXF94 »

If i recall correctly, the loadout screen was not modified?
I cant verify right now, but i doubt dialog.mdl contains reference to the loadout screen.
QUOTE ^cashto@Elem (all): yeah, i imagine if you're rusty, you could build op short for no reason, build a naked ref, then go two techpaths even though your mining is by all objective standards $#@!ed[/quote]
TurkeyXIII

Post by TurkeyXIII »

There was once a problem with the chat pane overlapping loadout screen buttons.

Try to reduce the number of chat lines and reproduce the bug.

(actually I thought I'd fixed this, but it might still break on some screen resolutions)
QUOTE (Randall Munroe)14.2: Turkey consumption rate of the average American in milligrams per minute[/quote]
Djole88

Post by Djole88 »

Ok, so pkk and aero please tell me which gfx resolutions are you using because on 1280x1024 this doesn't happen (at least on my computer). It does happen in windowed mode (only the 'prev ship' button works then)
Last edited by Djole88 on Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
MagisterXF94

Post by MagisterXF94 »

Djole88 wrote:QUOTE (Djole88 @ Jan 5 2015, 03:37 AM) Ok, so pkk and aero please tell me which gfx resolutions are you using because on 1280x1024 this doesn't happen (at least on my computer). It does happen in windowed mode (only the 'prev ship' button works then)
After the semi failed beta test i organized yesterday, a few issues popped out.
Stormsurge had the same loadout screen issue, winron could not swich huds, and babel fish as well other mouse users, reported the mouse was " sloppy".
QUOTE ^cashto@Elem (all): yeah, i imagine if you're rusty, you could build op short for no reason, build a naked ref, then go two techpaths even though your mining is by all objective standards $#@!ed[/quote]
MagisterXF94

Post by MagisterXF94 »

I can confirm that the loadout screen bug only pops up, at 800x600 resolution.
It does not affect higher resolutions.
ThePhantom032

Post by ThePhantom032 »

Blacksun94 wrote:QUOTE (Blacksun94 @ Jan 5 2015, 10:09 AM) After the semi failed beta test i organized yesterday, a few issues popped out.
Stormsurge had the same loadout screen issue, winron could not swich huds, and babel fish as well other mouse users, reported the mouse was " sloppy".
I bet they didnt change their mouse sensitivity.
I didnt get the chance to do a proper DM test, but it seemed much better after increasing sensitivity again to 100% (while R6/7 and previous R8 betas needed a strong decrease to be playable)
Still ready to teach anyone who asks nicely whatever they want to know about playing alleg. Contrary to popular opinion I do not eat newbies. Voobs taste much better.