Crashing at Game Start With TF

A place to post suggestions for new features, new bugs, and comments about the existing code.
rixo

Post by rixo »

Code: Select all

System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request)
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.HttpWebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request)
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
   at Allegiance.CommunitySecuritySystem.Client.ClientService.ClientService.CheckIn(CheckInData data)
   at Allegiance.CommunitySecuritySystem.Client.Service.SessionNegotiator.CheckIn(Byte[] encryptedData, String& message, String& ticket)
   at Allegiance.CommunitySecuritySystem.Client.PlayControl.CheckInTimer_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Sometimes when I command and play TF I crash at the game's start. This is the exception log from right after my most recent crash. If I start Alleg again and join the already running game I don't crash again, and I also don't crash if the game is restarted and I'm commanding TF again.

Edit: I just noticed that the log was last updated on the 10th, three days ago. Not sure if this leads back to the same problem.
Last edited by rixo on Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
ThePhantom032

Post by ThePhantom032 »

rixo wrote:QUOTE (rixo @ Dec 14 2014, 04:55 AM)

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request)
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.HttpWebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request)
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
   at Allegiance.CommunitySecuritySystem.Client.ClientService.ClientService.CheckIn(CheckInData data)
   at Allegiance.CommunitySecuritySystem.Client.Service.SessionNegotiator.CheckIn(Byte[] encryptedData, String& message, String& ticket)
   at Allegiance.CommunitySecuritySystem.Client.PlayControl.CheckInTimer_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Sometimes when I command and play TF I crash at the game's start. This is the exception log from right after my most recent crash. If I start Alleg again and join the already running game I don't crash again, and I also don't crash if the game is restarted and I'm commanding TF again.

Edit: I just noticed that the log was last updated on the 10th, three days ago. Not sure if this leads back to the same problem.
That looks like a log from the security system... which never says anything about how alleg crashes.
Your "Production" subfolder should have lots of files like "dec13194430.txt", which is an actual logfile for alleg. Not sure if there is any useful information in there, but its a better place to start looking. Good luck figuring out which of the files belongs to your crashes now though - I can only help by telling you that the file is created and named after the time you launched allegiance at.
Still ready to teach anyone who asks nicely whatever they want to know about playing alleg. Contrary to popular opinion I do not eat newbies. Voobs taste much better.
rixo

Post by rixo »

Phantom032 wrote:QUOTE (Phantom032 @ Dec 14 2014, 08:10 AM) That looks like a log from the security system... which never says anything about how alleg crashes.
Your "Production" subfolder should have lots of files like "dec13194430.txt", which is an actual logfile for alleg. Not sure if there is any useful information in there, but its a better place to start looking. Good luck figuring out which of the files belongs to your crashes now though - I can only help by telling you that the file is created and named after the time you launched allegiance at.
I (think I) found the log file from yesterday around the time when I crashed. It doesn't look like there's any giveaway to what caused it to crash. The end of the log file read "Creating message box with text "The game is starting..." Switched to screen -1" as if to start the match.

Among other files, some have what would appear to be a proper logout sequence, "Creating message box with text "Quit Allegiance?"", though a few have other text files end with things such as "FAILNATION szBlockingReason set to NOT READY CmapPVMakerFromIGCFile: m2xibiron , 14 clusters, 52 warps, 2 stations Station initialize 1051". So unfortunately it doesn't look like the crash is getting logged. :(
Imago

Post by Imago »

it's a broken missionbrief mdl file, it was fixed here: https://github.com/AllegianceZone/Artwo ... nbrief.mdl

These bugs haven't been fixed yet because don't have any developers interested in fixing them up. --Tigereye
Imago's stupid-sensor is supersensitive. --RealPandemonium
The art is managing the flow of the drama to achieve the desired results. --Big_Beta_Tester
joeld wrote:But we’ve been amazed at the level to which some of the Allegiance fans have remained hard-core.
pkk

Post by pkk »

Imago wrote:QUOTE (Imago @ Dec 15 2014, 04:30 AM) it's a broken missionbrief mdl file, it was fixed here: https://github.com/AllegianceZone/Artwo ... nbrief.mdl
FYI, removing the academy reference won't fix this problem. :ninja:

Overall, the ACSS log says, that ACSS lost connection (and closed Allegiance):

[/quote]
Last edited by pkk on Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Escapist (Justin Emerson) @ Dec 21 2010, 02:33 PM:
The history of open-source Allegiance is paved with the bodies of dead code branches, forum flame wars, and personal vendettas. But a community remains because people still love the game.
rixo

Post by rixo »

Thanks for the file. Replaced my old missionbrief file (though allegiance's updater caught and reverted it ;-; for now it sits in my mods folder). Having no problems on Pcore008 when testing solo. I'll try commanding TF later this week to see if it's fixed for sure. :)

Edit: Crashes were on Pcore007, had tested on Pcore008.
Last edited by rixo on Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
MagisterXF94

Post by MagisterXF94 »

rixo wrote:QUOTE (rixo @ Dec 15 2014, 11:20 AM) Thanks for the file. Replaced my old missionbrief file (though allegiance's updater caught and reverted it ;-; for now it sits in my mods folder). Having no problems on Pcore008 when testing solo. I'll try commanding TF later this week to see if it's fixed for sure. :)

Edit: Crashes were on Pcore007, had tested on Pcore008.
Do you have any high res textures on?
QUOTE ^cashto@Elem (all): yeah, i imagine if you're rusty, you could build op short for no reason, build a naked ref, then go two techpaths even though your mining is by all objective standards $#@!ed[/quote]
rixo

Post by rixo »

Yes, I have quite a few on.
Imago

Post by Imago »

pkk wrote:QUOTE (pkk @ Dec 15 2014, 01:02 AM) FYI, removing the academy reference won't fix this problem. :ninja:
pkk, you sir are (still) an idiot

https://github.com/AllegianceZone/Artwo ... nbrief.mdl

rixo, you are welcome

These bugs haven't been fixed yet because don't have any developers interested in fixing them up. --Tigereye
Imago's stupid-sensor is supersensitive. --RealPandemonium
The art is managing the flow of the drama to achieve the desired results. --Big_Beta_Tester
joeld wrote:But we’ve been amazed at the level to which some of the Allegiance fans have remained hard-core.
pkk

Post by pkk »

Imago wrote:QUOTE (Imago @ Dec 16 2014, 05:49 AM) pkk, you sir are (still) an idiot
Before calling someone an idiot, run a diff between your both file versions...
The Escapist (Justin Emerson) @ Dec 21 2010, 02:33 PM:
The history of open-source Allegiance is paved with the bodies of dead code branches, forum flame wars, and personal vendettas. But a community remains because people still love the game.