PCore008

Discussion / Announcement area for PCore development.
ThePhantom032

Post by ThePhantom032 »

Yes thats right, tac gets a buff. To be exact, sniper2, lt sfs and sig1 get buffs, while the rest gets nerfed ;)

I reworked the energy of cloaks and sfs some, leading to shorter cloak times on anything but lt sfs
Here's what the maximum cloak times are now.
CODEmax time cloaked per ship/sig cloak in seconds (at base energy)
Old values new values
Cloak 1 2 3 Cloak 1 2 3
lt 30 36 45 lt 40 45 51.43
basic 60 80 120 basic 60 68.57 80
adv 80 120 240 adv 68.57 80 96
lxy 120 240 inf lxy 80 96 120

This also means that if sfs/adv sfs run out of energy they are even more screwed then they already were.
Additionally, sig1 and sig3 have slightly adjusted cloak values, to scale signature reduction at 25% instead of at 33%.
To nerf hunters I simply went and swapped missile dmg with missile track GA - 21% damage difference on hunter3. If you have >25kb you still can kill the weaker hull scouts (giga, dreg, rix) in one hit, but any shield or hull bonus requires you to have either more kb or some form of bonus damage for missiles to oneshot scouts (IC, dreg, sup for GAs)

Sfs and adv sfs also got slower, there is no need for adv sfs to go as fast as scouts. Speed GAs make them almost as fast as normal scouts still.

Now with less energy, less potent hunter3, and worse sig3 adv tac may just be unable to defend - so I gave sniper2 a bit additional range (not damage) - base range is now 1200m instead of 1050m, which means 1452m with both range GAs - just in range of bomber turrets, but far enough to allow dodging of shots.

In other news Exp got a buff against util hull - mini does 12.5% more damage against util than in PCore007 - still less than in CC, but cons should be a bit more stoppable in small games now. You still need to shoot nans first. I also fixed the bug that pp1 was not mounted by default on ints.

Last but clearly quite important for at least a few people is that the draconium fighter model was replaced - for now simply using the int model at a larger size, but it should prevent the crash some had.

As always the shorthand list changes at the end:

CODEGAs:
- moved missile dmg GA to sup from tac
- moved missle track GA from sup to tac

Tac:
- increased lt sf energy regen to 65 [60]
- decreased sf energy regen to 75 [80], and their speed to 130 [140]
- decreased adv sf energy regen to 80 [90], and their speed to 140 [160]
- decreased lxy sf energy regen to 85 [100], and their speed to 150 [160]
(halved energy regen and speed increase per tech level with slight buff to lt sfs)
- decreased sig1 energy drain to 115 [120], and increased cloak strength to 0.625 [0.6]
- increased sig3 energy drain to 105 [100], and decreased cloak strenght to 0.76 [0.775]
- decreased lt cloak (GT only) energy drain to 85 [95]
(signature after cloaking now is reduced by 25% each tech level instead of 33%, with sig2 staying the same)
- increased sniper 2 range to 1200m [1050] (1452 [1270.5] with 2 range GAs, maximum is TF with 1742.4 [1524.6]).
Particle speed has not been changed, it is still 1500m/s for all snipers on all factions.

Exp:
- fix: PP1 now is now mounted by default on all interceptors and heavy interceptors
- increased minigun damage against util hull by 12.5% (0.225 modifier - it now is halfway between the old CC value of 0.25 and the old weedcore/PCore value of 0.2).

Draconium:
- "fix": Replaced fighter model that caused crashes. Now uses int model (that hopefully works for everyone).
May need size adjustments in the future. For now having it not crash is the most important.
Still ready to teach anyone who asks nicely whatever they want to know about playing alleg. Contrary to popular opinion I do not eat newbies. Voobs taste much better.
ThePhantom032

Post by ThePhantom032 »

I hope the changes to tac work out, the numbers look ok to me but how people perform I cannot predict ;)
Still ready to teach anyone who asks nicely whatever they want to know about playing alleg. Contrary to popular opinion I do not eat newbies. Voobs taste much better.
MagisterXF94

Post by MagisterXF94 »

Thanks p32! :)
QUOTE ^cashto@Elem (all): yeah, i imagine if you're rusty, you could build op short for no reason, build a naked ref, then go two techpaths even though your mining is by all objective standards $#@!ed[/quote]
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

This looks quite good. Nice work P32!
Don't find fault, find a remedy; anybody can complain.
Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Apr 1 2009, 09:35 PM) But I don't read the forums I only post.
vogue

Post by vogue »

Bro what about the heavy scouts. Are you saying that we let you give Terran a blow job for no reason???
phoenix1 wrote:QUOTE (phoenix1 @ May 5 2013, 08:35 PM) Vogue is clearly #1 and commanding against him feels like commanding against Spideycw at times... though he lacks that little bit of "I don't care who's on my team or what the factions are, it's going to be a stomp anyways" that Spidey managed to pull off in his heyday.
ThePhantom032

Post by ThePhantom032 »

You can now find PCore008b on the servers - I had forgotten to change the draconium figbee model and only changed the fighters so the core still produced the same crash for some people.
No other changes were made.
Vortrog

Post by Vortrog »

I think with the lower cloak times, you should also lower energy use of Sniper. You already nerfed cloaking, using sniper while cloaked is going to make this worse.
Have you considered how much harder it will be to kill miners now because of the energy draw of cloak? Utl2 might need a energy use reduction as well to the same scale as the energy use nerf
BlackBagel

Post by BlackBagel »

WHAT ABOUT BELTS MED BOOSTER
§
ThePhantom032

Post by ThePhantom032 »

the_capm wrote:QUOTE (the_capm @ Dec 15 2014, 10:51 PM) WHAT ABOUT BELTS MED BOOSTER
I FORGOT ABOUT IT WITH ALL THE TALK ABOUT TAC AND THEN THE INSULTS, SORRY
Deathrender

Post by Deathrender »

I think it's fine with the energy consumption as is. It creates the need for teamwork to kill enemy miners more quickly.

I can't make comment about sniper energy usage, but util is fine as is.
phoenix1 wrote:QUOTE (phoenix1 @ Jul 22 2017, 05:58 PM) Mini ac gunner mount was removed because somewhere along the lines we had a core dev that said, "I really hate Terran and want him to be miserable." And all core devs ever since have agreed.