PCore008

Discussion / Announcement area for PCore development.
BlackBagel

Post by BlackBagel »

Phantom032 wrote:QUOTE (Phantom032 @ Dec 15 2014, 04:54 PM) I FORGOT ABOUT IT WITH ALL THE TALK ABOUT TAC AND THEN THE INSULTS, SORRY
AAAAAAAAAAARGH :sad: :sad: :sad:
§
RealPandemonium

Post by RealPandemonium »

Still crashing with Pcore008. :/
Image IMO
Edmond wrote:QUOTE (Edmond @ Aug 31 2010, 04:20 PM) I think girly's idea is much better, since it is more freeform, only needs to be updated by one person, and maintains the openness of the command channel without the spaminess. Plus it can have ASCII goatse.
Haduken

Post by Haduken »

pandy?!?!?!
dusanc

Post by dusanc »

RealPandemonium wrote:QUOTE (RealPandemonium @ Dec 25 2014, 06:15 AM) Still crashing with Pcore008. :/
WTF

Give us more info so we can get you to play.
I need someone to take this mop and bucket cause hadu is a lazy bum.
- "History repeats itself for a reason" - "It's easy to cry for war when you've never experienced it" - "It's better to negotiate for 10 years then make war for 10 days" - "The strong do as they will, and the weak do as they must"
RealPandemonium

Post by RealPandemonium »

Haduken wrote:QUOTE (Haduken @ Dec 25 2014, 12:38 AM) pandy?!?!?!
DusanC wrote:QUOTE (DusanC @ Dec 25 2014, 11:11 AM) WTF

Give us more info so we can get you to play.
I need someone to take this mop and bucket cause hadu is a lazy bum.
`yh

I've been around for a few weeks but I can only play when main is on the nd version of Pcore due to something about Draconium crashing me upon entering the game. Apparently this is a known issue but what exactly causes the crash is unknown. Pcore008 was supposed to fix it but it's still around.
Image IMO
Edmond wrote:QUOTE (Edmond @ Aug 31 2010, 04:20 PM) I think girly's idea is much better, since it is more freeform, only needs to be updated by one person, and maintains the openness of the command channel without the spaminess. Plus it can have ASCII goatse.
ThePhantom032

Post by ThePhantom032 »

RealPandemonium wrote:QUOTE (RealPandemonium @ Dec 26 2014, 01:30 AM) `yh

I've been around for a few weeks but I can only play when main is on the nd version of Pcore due to something about Draconium crashing me upon entering the game. Apparently this is a known issue but what exactly causes the crash is unknown. Pcore008 was supposed to fix it but it's still around.
Must be yet another problem with draconium if Pcore008b crashes as well, I'm quite sure I fixed the old issue. :doh:
If I get details on what causes the crash I can try to fix what is wrong, but as I simply can't reproduce this myself I don't know what to do (aside from removing draconium completely).

Just make sure you test without any extra highres textures installed, because there's a separate problem with too many of those.
Still ready to teach anyone who asks nicely whatever they want to know about playing alleg. Contrary to popular opinion I do not eat newbies. Voobs taste much better.
MagisterXF94

Post by MagisterXF94 »

Phantom032 wrote:QUOTE (Phantom032 @ Dec 26 2014, 01:49 AM) Must be yet another problem with draconium if Pcore008b crashes as well, I'm quite sure I fixed the old issue. :doh:
If I get details on what causes the crash I can try to fix what is wrong, but as I simply can't reproduce this myself I don't know what to do (aside from removing draconium completely).

Just make sure you test without any extra highres textures installed, because there's a separate problem with too many of those.
There is nothing you can do phantom, either erase draconiuim ( bad option), or wait for the new allegiance.exe which has better support for high res textures.
I can safely assume,practically all pcore crashing issues were related to high res anyway.
QUOTE ^cashto@Elem (all): yeah, i imagine if you're rusty, you could build op short for no reason, build a naked ref, then go two techpaths even though your mining is by all objective standards $#@!ed[/quote]
Malicious Wraith

Post by Malicious Wraith »

Any chance of replacing all drac textures with low res placeholders until next release?
Unknown wrote:[Just want] to play some games before Alleg dies for good.
I don't want that time to be a @#(!-storm of hate and schadenfreude.
IG: Liquid_Mamba / Fedman
hockey1015

Post by hockey1015 »

P32: It's just a couple very minor cosmetic things, but wanted to pass them along from a game I screwed around by myself with OH this AM. Not sure if it's all factions or simply OH.

The Pcore008 option in the Garrison menu is still labeled as Pcore007. And then in the Sup GA's, there was a little bit of a screwy order of Missile damage and I think maybe ship shield with the 2nd GA options. I want to say it went Shield 2, Missile Damage 2, Missile damage 1, then Shield 1 going down vertically.

Very minor things, and certainly not game changing bugs, but just figured I would pass them on in case you want to fix it for 009 or whatever.
Last edited by hockey1015 on Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ThePhantom032

Post by ThePhantom032 »

Malicious Wraith wrote:QUOTE (Malicious Wraith @ Dec 26 2014, 03:14 PM) Any chance of replacing all drac textures with low res placeholders until next release?
I don't have any and don't know enough to make them. They also would not need a change to the core - simply putting the low res files on AU instead would already work. So if anyone happens to know how to make low res versions (that work), feel free to do so.
hockey1015 wrote:QUOTE (hockey1015 @ Dec 29 2014, 08:06 PM) P32: It's just a couple very minor cosmetic things, but wanted to pass them along from a game I screwed around by myself with OH this AM. Not sure if it's all factions or simply OH.

The Pcore008 option in the Garrison menu is still labeled as Pcore007. And then in the Sup GA's, there was a little bit of a screwy order of Missile damage and I think maybe ship shield with the 2nd GA options. I want to say it went Shield 2, Missile Damage 2, Missile damage 1, then Shield 1 going down vertically.

Very minor things, and certainly not game changing bugs, but just figured I would pass them on in case you want to fix it for 009 or whatever.
Heh, it seems I still forget renaming the Pcore update every other core, even with the reminder I wrote.
GA order has been noted and will be fixed in 9 though I'll probably wait to see if/how to fine tune tac before a new version will be released.
Still ready to teach anyone who asks nicely whatever they want to know about playing alleg. Contrary to popular opinion I do not eat newbies. Voobs taste much better.