Game interface

A place to post suggestions for new features, new bugs, and comments about the existing code.
lukass

Post by lukass »

Hi, would it be possible to apply resolution option on game menu (interface/lobby). If it's not hard to change, it would be really nice... I use Win 8 with ATI Radeon graphics and there is no option for gpu scaling so I have interface with ugly black borders. I think it won't be just my problem. It's really annoying and there is alo another problem - I can't alt+tab bcos of low resolution which is obviously huge problem for windows 8...
Win 8 sux with ati that's for sure... They really need to try harder with Catalyst controll center if they wanna keep customers.
So if you could make this happen it would be pretty cool. It just makes Alleg look old.
Last edited by lukass on Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hi I am Vanca2... kiss my aaasteroid!
Djole88

Post by Djole88 »

Uhm not sure what you want...

If the lobby is the problem just keep allegiance in windowed mode till the game starts (alt+enter). The lobby res is not a priority imho because windowed alleg is like the best chat app around :P

Is the game resolution the problem...? Where do you have ugly black borders? The hangar? We could easily push the res info to the parser so everything could be calculated to scale properly but then that would mean need we need A LOT of mdl rewriting. OR we could intercept whatever is hardcoded to the mdls and scale that but I think that would take a @#(!load of work (and hair) for a c++ dev but none on the terribly stupid mdl-ing.

Now who wants to take credit for hardcoding offsets and sizes in the bloody mdls?
lukass

Post by lukass »

Yeah, black borders in hangar and in lobby... Bcos of widescreen monitor... I don't say it's a priority. I am just suggesting what could be improved.
Hi I am Vanca2... kiss my aaasteroid!
Student

Post by Student »

lukass wrote:QUOTE (lukass @ Dec 4 2014, 02:32 AM) Yeah, black borders in hangar and in lobby... Bcos of widescreen monitor... I don't say it's a priority. I am just suggesting what could be improved.
Take those black bars for granted. I have somehow managed to mess up my Allegiance into widescreen, and that looks terrible. I think that a black bars aren't that bad compared to that.
-Student
SysX
@Alleg
Hebrews 11:3