Z v XEXY Nov 2nd Recap

Tactical advice, How-to, Post-mortem, etc.
Student

Post by Student »

Broodwich wrote:QUOTE (Broodwich @ Nov 4 2014, 05:27 PM) I guess it was a good, close game but i just found it extremely boring. I had to pilot a corv all game other than soloing 2 miners off the bat, which i seem to recall being our only kills for a very long time. The cat and mouse in the ass ship was pretty fun, but mostly it was 2 hours of telling my gunners to wake the $#@! up :P

I think it would have gone ok had we stopped with corvs and teched something else, but by then you guys had mini3 heavies so we would have been on the back foot all game anyway. Had you not bought bombers you probably could have had htts before we got adv tech with another path, owing to OH's ridic econ
Yep. Broods game consisted of screaming at his gunners to either fire at ships that were less than 1k, or not to fire at ships behind alephs. Zenith just put them to sleep.
-Student
SysX
@Alleg
Hebrews 11:3
dusanc

Post by dusanc »

Kumquat wrote:QUOTE (Kumquat @ Nov 4 2014, 08:02 PM) I hearby proclaim that the Joffrey move needs a name.

Perhaps The King's Sacrifice. Any other ideas?

Or, The King is Dead, Long Live the King!
Like when we say that someone did a bastard manouver we could say that someone made a Joffrey
- "History repeats itself for a reason" - "It's easy to cry for war when you've never experienced it" - "It's better to negotiate for 10 years then make war for 10 days" - "The strong do as they will, and the weak do as they must"
Kumquat

Post by Kumquat »

Broodwich wrote:QUOTE (Broodwich @ Nov 4 2014, 09:27 PM) I guess it was a good, close game but i just found it extremely boring. I had to pilot a corv all game other than soloing 2 miners off the bat, which i seem to recall being our only kills for a very long time. The cat and mouse in the ass ship was pretty fun, but mostly it was 2 hours of telling my gunners to wake the $#@! up :P

I think it would have gone ok had we stopped with corvs and teched something else, but by then you guys had mini3 heavies so we would have been on the back foot all game anyway. Had you not bought bombers you probably could have had htts before we got adv tech with another path, owing to OH's ridic econ

Was exciting for us but in a X wing vs Star Destroyer kind of way. We were buzzing around and fighting off behemoths with our little ships while you plodded along. I'm also sure constantly being on miner D in corvs was boring but it made it hard to assault them.
Broodwich

Post by Broodwich »

someone had to keep our hypervets from getting our miners killed
QUOTE Drizzo: ha ha good old chap
Drizzo: i am a brit
Drizzo: tut tut
Drizzo: wankarrrrrr
Drizzo: i only have sex whilst in the missionary position[/quote] Fas est et ab hoste doceri - Ovid
Dome

Post by Dome »

I for one will always remember the time KJ ate two nukes in succession to save our tac (and ultimately the game) as the most clutch play of any in all of my Allegiance career.

Cheers.

:cheers:
OTDT_Hunter

Post by OTDT_Hunter »

Student wrote:QUOTE (Student @ Nov 4 2014, 11:39 PM) Yep. Broods game consisted of screaming at his gunners to either fire at ships that were less than 1k, or not to fire at ships behind alephs. Zenith just put them to sleep.

Or his gunners were pos.
ChaoticStorm

Post by ChaoticStorm »

Dome wrote:QUOTE (Dome @ Oct 17 2015, 02:48 PM) *random thread necromancy trending*
MagisterXF94

Post by MagisterXF94 »

ah fun times! *reminsce*
QUOTE ^cashto@Elem (all): yeah, i imagine if you're rusty, you could build op short for no reason, build a naked ref, then go two techpaths even though your mining is by all objective standards $#@!ed[/quote]
Dome

Post by Dome »

Weedman made his videos public again. :cool:
zombywoof

Post by zombywoof »

At least this one lasted longer than 7 minutes.
Don't find fault, find a remedy; anybody can complain.
Cookie Monster wrote:QUOTE (Cookie Monster @ Apr 1 2009, 09:35 PM) But I don't read the forums I only post.